Vader 09 Budich

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 pm

:hanging:
bambamindy
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 pm

pjtaper wrote:I'd suggest emailing the artist :pint:
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 am

bambamindy wrote:
pjtaper wrote:I'd suggest emailing the artist :pint:
:cheers:
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 am

Let's vote it AOTW for next week. :twisted:
ArtAsylumBoston
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 am

bambamindy wrote:so my question about this, an original was done for a starwars related show for a gallery somewhere. I saw recently that the gallery was selling several prints all related to star wars, is Lucas going after them as well?

Art Asylum Boston hosted the "Art Strikes Back" exhibit and all works related to the exhibition were submitted within the guidelines of our collaboration with Lucas Arts.

After 8 months of planning the exhibition - half of that time was spent going through the proper channels to exhibit the works.. and for those of you who may have attended would have noticed that we worked in collaboration with Lucas in a number of ways in addition to having Lucas promoters on site to raffle of VIP seats to the "Star Wars world music tour" we also had an advert done by Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) who was the host of the world music tour. he did a radio advert promoting the event on local stations for the weekend of the 14th-15th.

We also Had Lucas arts featured artist Kevin Liell in attendance and we had a number of his prints available for sale along with original works on display signed by both Kevin and the respective actor who portrayed the subject of the painting(s).

Joshua's Piece is amazing in person and pictures do not do it Justice, this is a piece to be seen in person. It was a collage with all original pieces from vintage comics, card backs etc.. This is something that shows a whole new level of Joshua's talents and what he is capable of s an artist. .
bambamindy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

kj1nyr wrote:Let's vote it AOTW for next week. :twisted:

Done :pint:
bambamindy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 am

ArtAsylumBoston wrote:
bambamindy wrote:so my question about this, an original was done for a starwars related show for a gallery somewhere. I saw recently that the gallery was selling several prints all related to star wars, is Lucas going after them as well?

Art Asylum Boston hosted the "Art Strikes Back" exhibit and all works related to the exhibition were submitted within the guidelines of our collaboration with Lucas Arts.

After 8 months of planning the exhibition - half of that time was spent going through the proper channels to exhibit the works.. and for those of you who may have attended would have noticed that we worked in collaboration with Lucas in a number of ways in addition to having Lucas promoters on site to raffle of VIP seats to the "Star Wars world music tour" we also had an advert done by Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) who was the host of the world music tour. he did a radio advert promoting the event on local stations for the weekend of the 14th-15th.

We also Had Lucas arts featured artist Kevin Liell in attendance and we had a number of his prints available for sale along with original works on display signed by both Kevin and the respective actor who portrayed the subject of the painting(s).

Joshua's Piece is amazing in person and pictures do not do it Justice, this is a piece to be seen in person. It was a collage with all original pieces from vintage comics, card backs etc.. This is something that shows a whole new level of Joshua's talents and what he is capable of s an artist. .

Wow, thanks for the response! I saw some of the prints you guys had up and being a huge Star Wars nerd myself loved about 1/2 of them, if only I had the cash I could have an entire room! It did seem that some of the artists though, also had prints available of what you had at the gallery, so I was just wondering how the copyright vs. art license may work there
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:33 am

George Lucas is a prick and should learn to love the world instead of controlling it.....maybe Darth is his in inner Freud and he doesnt want anyone controlling it. Star Wars is huge and for him to try and control every single aspect of it is ridiculous, its like Emeril Laggasse saying no one can say "BAM" without contacting me.
PS Pull the stick out of your ass George.

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
jachapma
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

Really wish I could have picked one of these up. Lucas is notoriously bad at fudge like this, but this one surprised even me. If they were clearly OK with the artist exhibiting the OG, what's wrong with the artist making money off the piece (via accessible mediums). Isn't that what the laws Lucas cites were designed to do?
I *still* don't care for Gob.
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:40 am

:lol: i love the idea. let's do it.
txaggie
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:46 am

Great print. Lucas is a dick
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 am

Great Print. Joshua your the shiznit!
Same fudge, different drop.
xhondax
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Major bummer. I was hoping to buy this today.
Fingers crossed you can come up with a way to sell it sometime down the road, its a killer image.
ArtAsylumBoston
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 pm

JoshB.jpg
Due to the bright lighting in the gallery it was difficult to capture the essence and highly detailed collage aspect, but if you were to look closely you will see a number of vintage elements consisting of catalog's, Topp's trading cards, Comics, action figure card backs and so on...one of my favorite aspects of this piece is the name of the title is part of the collage "Six against the galaxy" taken from the heading of a vintage comic... This is to give you an idea of what the original looks like.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:13 pm

iratasan wrote:
:lol: i love the idea. let's do it.
My vote is in. and after seeing the image from AABoston I truly believe it's deserving. this would make my fan boy hubby drool.