Page 12 of 18

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 pm
by ldiddy
Hater.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:08 pm
by Mapman
boxcarwilly wrote:I must have stepped into a strange parallel universe for this to be AOW.
Just fine if you want to buy one for your nephew but let's leave it at that.
Why? Because fans of this particular print voted and it won? Or because YOU don't think it's good enough? There is a LOT of Star Wars art out there and most of it's NOT cheap, and most of it's being collected by ADULTS! Check out Acme Archives Direct, lots of great Star Wars fine art being sold there.

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/category.jhtm?cid=168

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 pm
by boxcarwilly
Mapman wrote:
boxcarwilly wrote:I must have stepped into a strange parallel universe for this to be AOW.
Just fine if you want to buy one for your nephew but let's leave it at that.
Why? Because fans of this particular print voted and it won? Or because YOU don't think it's good enough? There is a LOT of Star Wars art out there and most of it's NOT cheap, and most of it's being collected by ADULTS! Check out Acme Archives Direct, lots of great Star Wars fine art being sold there.

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/category.jhtm?cid=168
Ok then. Now we are getting somewhere.
Image
I'm not a hater. Just not a huge Budich fan.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
by ldiddy
S'all good.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm
by comountaingolf
The subtle collage imagery beneath the black is just sweet... and it's not about being a fan. More about recognizing a kick ass print :P

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:56 am
by nljdj
Image

because we all know every young male on the planet wants one of these hanging above his bed....

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 am
by comountaingolf
:lol:

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:23 am
by downtown
Oops . Another copyright infringement ? I guess if Lucas contacts you you know you've made it.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 am
by ChefFerrari
comountaingolf wrote:The subtle collage imagery beneath the black is just sweet... and it's not about being a fan. More about recognizing a kick ass print :P
This really is a very well done print.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am
by boxcarwilly
comountaingolf wrote:The subtle collage imagery beneath the black is just sweet... and it's not about being a fan. More about recognizing a kick ass print :P
Budich doesn't know the first thing about kicking ass. All he does is cut & paste & color existing images he doesnt even own. Freshman core art student crap.
If you like it then enjoy it.
My initial response to this winning AOW was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment about a Sci Fi concept of being in the wrong parallel Universe.
The Luke Skywalker painting is cheesy but al least it's ambitious.

Budich has a lot of fans because there is a big market for mediocrity in this world.

Why should George Lucas get so much Donkey fudge on this thread when he originated the whole imagery in the first place ???
And why should it be voted AOW just out of spite for Lucas ?

"Plagiarism of the Week" just like every other Budich print.

And put your flame torches away 'cause I dont care what anybody says in defense of this print.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:01 am
by ldiddy
Jeez guy, go back to bed and get some sleep. Always facinates me when people go out of their way to say how bad something is, no one said you needed to have this. Move along and take the negativity somewhere else please.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:37 am
by boxcarwilly
ldiddy wrote:Jeez guy, go back to bed and get some sleep. Always facinates me when people go out of their way to say how bad something is, no one said you needed to have this. Move along and take the negativity somewhere else please.
It's not negativity. It's perspective.
But I will get some sleep and I will refrain from commenting on Budich in the future.
To each his own.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:47 pm
by iratasan
boxcarwilly wrote:
ldiddy wrote:Jeez guy, go back to bed and get some sleep. Always facinates me when people go out of their way to say how bad something is, no one said you needed to have this. Move along and take the negativity somewhere else please.
It's not negativity. It's perspective.
But I will get some sleep and I will refrain from commenting on Budich in the future.
To each his own.
i accept that, but what surprises me is that out of people you have chosen specifically budich. i kinda dig his stuff, but even if i wouldn't then i would not specifically dis him.

there is so much incredibly bad stuff added to the database on a daily basis that i could immediately come up with something undoubtly more hateworthy.

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 pm
by Flimby
rata speaks the truth

Re: Vader 09 Budich

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 pm
by downtown
rata is right... and dissing is highly self indulgent and wasted energy.