Tool Berlin 06 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:33 pm

Think we should save voting after another 6 months of posters ;)
I'm sure we've not yet seen some of the best offerings...
Tra la la la la...
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:58 pm

grande_mono wrote:
jojobadass wrote:
turnJBup wrote:The poster of the year? :roll:

I'm thinking the Nick Cave is still top potato......but, it's way early.
I'm with you there.

Way more detail and creativity in that poster than anything else so far this year (IMO).
I dig the Nick Cave, that baby is beautiful. But if you're talking detail... Tool Berlin takes it. The scratches are like little hairs. Painstaking detail! I don't know how he pulled this one off. (IMO) Who knows... maybe it's because I like the band better too! :)
bigB_3
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:11 pm

When will this be available? Business must be good. He site currently says "Currently too backed up to sell any more posters for a few weeks....Thnx 4 U'r P8¢ !".
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:31 pm

Well...
He's still gotta pack and ship the first Tool print.
And I gather that not all the framed ones and the Melvins/Fantomas mayb have gone out yet.
And then other orders too? I know I've got one of those waiting (as well as a Tool Denver print).

If he says it's gonna be a bit, I bet it's gonna be a bit ;)
And yeah - I'd bet that business has been pretty good too, especially from the sounds of that gallery show.
Tra la la la la...
rgardjr
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:38 pm

turnJBup wrote:It'll get mine so far... scratchboard is so difficult to do. The man is an alien. Have you seen the original? Breathtaking!
I had no idea that this was how he created the original artwork-wow. I'm absolutely amazed. He emailed me a sneak preview of this poster a couple of week back and I was amazed that he could create something that looked like an actual x-ray. I'm guessing the scratchboard helped pull this off.
Yamar wrote:Thought I saw a posted price of $8K
It sold for that too.

I really love this poster. I'm pretty biased as far as Emek and Tool go, but I put this right up there with anything that he's done. Did the all the posted pictures come directly from Emek. Maybe another how to(ol) on his site since he used the scratchboard?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:11 am

I want to see it in person (of course) but I wonder if the amount of detail will surpass the previous scratchboard endeavors - thinking mostly of the Englewood Built To Spill piece from 2003. Guess only time will tell...
Tra la la la la...
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:21 am

Blows away the Built to Spill and The Chili Peppers. Seriously, the lines in this are microscopic.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:26 am

Like I said... I'll reserve judgement till I have it in hand ;)
Tra la la la la...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:34 am

turnJBup wrote:Blows away the Built to Spill and The Chili Peppers. Seriously, the lines in this are microscopic.
Don't forget the Ween. That one is pretty damn cool.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:49 am

Codeblue wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Blows away the Built to Spill and The Chili Peppers. Seriously, the lines in this are microscopic.
Don't forget the Ween. That one is pretty damn cool.
The Ween is a sweet poster. But in comparison there are a lot of filler lines on the wall and such. Lines on the table and walls that are cool but, every line on the new one is so thought out and tiny. There is no room for error. It must have taken him a very long time to complete this one! Just my humble opinion, I haven't seen the poster... just the original. Looking forward to hopefully looking at it on my wall! I'm a big fan of all three involved: Emek, Tool, and the Scratchboard technique. But as someone said, there are still half a years worth of posters coming in... :shock:
ryan_1969

Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:57 am

I love the single screen for just one red drop! And who ever he or she is, the take great care of their teeth. :D
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:09 pm

Week 23 winner! The Emek love fest continues. Only like a month to wait for this one.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:51 pm

electrachrome wrote:Week 23 winner! The Emek love fest continues. Only like a month to wait for this one.
Heh, a month in Emek time.....
mono_666
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:13 pm

when can i get this?????????????????????????????????????????
coxgt
Art Expert

Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:02 pm

mono_666 wrote:when can i get this?????????????????????????????????????????

That is the 20,000 dollar question we are all asking ourselves.