Phish Festival 8 Indio 09 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
postartproductions wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:Love how the poster community has little regard for the 9 to 5 working people :roll:
They dropped at 4:20pm CST (same as they always do w/ Pollock releases). Should've been a no brainer as most 9-5 folks I know are staring at the internet that last hour of work anyway. Plus, it's not like you couldn't have check4change alert you. :roll:
Appreciate you letting EB know but that C4C comment reflects you have never worked in a major corporation :roll: ........ 1. they don't allow any downloads and 2. You run something like that jamming up the servers it will be your last day of employment which means you won't be able to afford any poster in the near future, 3. Paypal is not allowed on our computer and lastly- some people have to work during the hours they are employed

This sale was just one of many recently that have frustrated me
Time for a new job.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm

boatingbenny wrote: Time for a new job.
Professional flipper ? :wink:

I just would like a working mans chance once is a while- thats about it.
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:29 am

boatingbenny wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:Love how the poster community has little regard for the 9 to 5 working people :roll:
They dropped at 4:20pm CST (same as they always do w/ Pollock releases). Should've been a no brainer as most 9-5 folks I know are staring at the internet that last hour of work anyway. Plus, it's not like you couldn't have check4change alert you. :roll:
Appreciate you letting EB know but that C4C comment reflects you have never worked in a major corporation :roll: ........ 1. they don't allow any downloads and 2. You run something like that jamming up the servers it will be your last day of employment which means you won't be able to afford any poster in the near future, 3. Paypal is not allowed on our computer and lastly- some people have to work during the hours they are employed

Time for a new job.
gee im real sorry poster artists dont cater to your schedule. everything goes on sale during working hours, fact of life.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:27 am

OneStepAhead wrote:... everything goes on sale during working hours, fact of life.
You got some exceptions... Mondo Tees always drops their new movie posters late night, which is kinda cool... all baked, late night... buying posters... listening to Naughty by Nature and watchin infomercials...:lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 am

OneStepAhead wrote:
boatingbenny wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
postartproductions wrote: They dropped at 4:20pm CST (same as they always do w/ Pollock releases). Should've been a no brainer as most 9-5 folks I know are staring at the internet that last hour of work anyway. Plus, it's not like you couldn't have check4change alert you. :roll:

Time for a new job.
gee im real sorry poster artists dont cater to your schedule. everything goes on sale during working hours, fact of life.
Most things in life are not bought up by a bunch of flippers

He's the one who made an uneducated comment on using C4C in the workplace

Bunch of DQ's in this place- it was a simple wishful comment

There are releases out of working hours so this comment is also uneducated- why don't you respond to another obey release Einstein- go crawl in your hole and please don't ask for any festival prints in the future... sorry the festivals don't cater to your home town so you don't have to drive across the United States to get them
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:27 am

jojobadass wrote:wow, someone w/ higher prices than emek.
http://shop.dead.net/posters/road-laser ... o-not-sell

...you were saying?

that's the dead ass raping their fans.

again.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:58 pm

I would love to trade someone for this print. If you are interested in something in my collection please contact me. I was 4 people away after a 2 hour wait and they sold out... Also got hozed on the pollock sale.... Thanks ahead of time.
bhance
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
bhance wrote:I suggest that the color poster and the 3D poster should be entered/listed separately.
Mod's don't have to agree- the problem is the folks entering them aren't doing it correctly

Mod's do not have the time to correct every mis-entered sale- there's dozens of them on any large release.

I was a MOD here at one point, or at least I had the ability to approve art that was submitted.
I went away for a while, and now either can't remember how to do it, or have lost the privs.

The color and 3d posters should definitely be listed separately!

I submitted the Friday, Saturday and Sunday newspapers from Festival 8, they weren't accepted,
but another submittal for just Friday's newspaper was. So the newspapers aren't listed separately
either.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 am

I don't understand why this print would be listed any differently than dozens of others that have a "variant" edition-

It's the same print
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 pm

bhance wrote:The color and 3d posters should definitely be listed separately!
:deadhorse: ... why can't you use the drop down like EVERY OTHER PRINT on EB which has more than one edition/variant/color-scheme, etc...?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

bhance wrote:I suggest that the color poster and the 3D poster should be entered/listed separately.
The way they are listed now, you have to find the colored one to enter details for the 3D one.
Not everyone who has one has both.
Hopefully the expressobeans admins will agree?
Sorry Bill. The listing will remain as it is - first edition and 3D variant.
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:21 pm

ill trade you the varient for the varient on the other listing....
mistermooner
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am

theomont wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Great sound for such a big venue...
How can such a great band write the most retarded songs?
Bring on the covers. Seriously...
What???? I'm not sure what you're talking about but last night's setlist looks pretty solid, especially set 2. Oh, and I don't like this effort by Pollock. It's a little too busy for my tastes. I would like to see one to check out the 3D aspect of it.

Umm yeha....worst call ever. You must be retarded if you think their songs are. They write music that is more intricate, complex, and beautiful than any band they cover...and they make the songs they cover better than the originals in most cases....have you been to a show? Jesus...never heard anyone say something about Phish that is as far off as what you wrote.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:05 am

mistermooner wrote:
theomont wrote:
What???? I'm not sure what you're talking about but last night's setlist looks pretty solid, especially set 2. Oh, and I don't like this effort by Pollock. It's a little too busy for my tastes. I would like to see one to check out the 3D aspect of it.
Umm yeha....worst call ever. You must be retarded if you think their songs are. They write music that is more intricate, complex, and beautiful than any band they cover...and they make the songs they cover better than the originals in most cases....have you been to a show? Jesus...never heard anyone say something about Phish that is as far off as what you wrote.

Niiiiiiiice first post, Mooner... :lol: ... :fight: ... though I did run into Turn more than a few times at 8 :wink:

... :lurk:
> THC X 9 <
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm

mistermooner wrote:
theomont wrote:

Welcome to EB. You have never heard anyone make fun of Phish? :?
Never heard that they are a great band that writes retarded songs? C'mon!!
I find that very hard to believe.... :lol:
I was bored out of my mind on Friday's show... almost made the mistake of blowing off Halloween.
Probably my 20th show or so... 1st since 1997. 10/31/09 was the best Phish show I have seen since Laguna Seca 1994.
They have not progressed in their songwriting at all... check out the new single?
You are spot on when you talked about their music... it is complex as all hell, which is why I get the wallet out when they come around.
Name a good song they have penned... unless you are tied up tagging it and bagging it so you can sell it to the butcher in the store. :P

The Stones.... they can write a song.