Phish Festival 8 Indio 09 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
EyeFORart

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:39 pm

The 3-D version is #'d out of 650 as opposed to the colored version which is out of 1000.

The 3-D version is Pollock's first 3-D print.

The 3-D version just may commemorate the rumored next year 3-D movie of the fest.

The black border is unusual for Pollock, but perfect if the piece if framed with the PHISHBILL they handed out and also considering the album they covered, EXILE ON MAIN ST.

I used my own 3-D glasses to view the poster when I got home and it is fun to look at the monsters (the same design on the colored version) especially the Henrietta Bat. The band's name up top especially sticks out. For the guy who couldn't see this I wonder if he was using standard one eye red and one eye blue 3-D glasses.

Both are great pieces of art. I waited 4 hours on Saturday and was lucky enough to purchase both. Can't really see the prices going down on this one considering the overwhelmingly positive experience of the entire festival and all of the memories associated with the just plain gorgeous site the band chose and decorated. This festival was perfect for any seasoned fan, or new fan for that matter.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Huge runs- not the best Pollock's

What goes up- must come down

3-D has been stated as a failed attempt at a great idea - which makes it a failed attempt
bhance
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 am

I suggest that the color poster and the 3D poster should be entered/listed separately.

The way they are listed now, you have to find the colored one to enter details for the 3D one.

Not everyone who has one has both.

Hopefully the expressobeans admins will agree?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

bhance wrote:I suggest that the color poster and the 3D poster should be entered/listed separately.
Mod's don't have to agree- the problem is the folks entering them aren't doing it correctly

Mod's do not have the time to correct every mis-entered sale- there's dozens of them on any large release.
soulisshaking
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 pm

He is not talking about sales. He is talking about how to list the 3D poster in "your collection", you have to search for the color version, find the color version, click on add to your collection, and then select the 3D poster.

You should be able to find the 3D version, click add to collection, and .....add to collection.....without having to go to the colored posters listing.

Also, yes I was looking at the poster using the standard one red, one blue lenses glasses.......THAT WERE GIVEN TO BUYERS WITH THE POSTER!!! If you were supposed to look at the 3D poster using a different kind of 3D glasses, I would hope that they would have been given to buyers at the time of purchase.
automator
Nobody

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:43 pm

New image Phish Festival 8 Indio 09 Pollock

jojobadass
Art God

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:28 pm

wow, someone w/ higher prices than emek.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 pm

:twisted: drymount!! missed them all. :evil: :evil:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Love how the poster community has little regard for the 9 to 5 working people :roll:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Love how the poster community has little regard for the 9 to 5 working people :roll:
Man, I stared at the "Buy" button for too long, but just don't have a spare $150 right now for a color... Oh well, it will be mine someday... :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Love how the poster community has little regard for the 9 to 5 working people :roll:
They dropped at 4:20pm CST (same as they always do w/ Pollock releases). Should've been a no brainer as most 9-5 folks I know are staring at the internet that last hour of work anyway. Plus, it's not like you couldn't have check4change alert you. :roll:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:26 pm

postartproductions wrote:
They dropped at 4:20pm CST (same as they always do w/ Pollock releases). Should've been a no brainer as most 9-5 folks I know are staring at the internet that last hour of work anyway. Plus, it's not like you couldn't have check4change alert you. :roll:
PostArt... thanks again for the heads up... :clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 pm

jojobadass wrote:wow, someone w/ higher prices than emek.
http://shop.dead.net/posters/road-laser ... o-not-sell

...you were saying?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:24 pm

postartproductions wrote:
Appreciate you letting EB know but that C4C comment reflects you have never worked in a major corporation :roll: ........

1. they don't allow any downloads and 2. You run something like that jamming up the servers it will be your last day of employment which means you won't be able to afford any poster in the near future, 3. Paypal is not allowed on our computer and lastly- some people have to work during the hours they are employed

This sale was just one of many recently that have frustrated me