Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:47 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:So based on online sales, ya think the black was the rarest? Purple is probably the most produced and was the color sold at the show, and I think the tweener is what they could squeeze outta the purple ink left, while the black was probably just enough to meet the print run demand. Just my guess, but I think Black is probably the hardest to find. I've seen plenty of the tweener being sold on eBay as Black and sometimes as purple. Kinda wish the sellers would post pictures of their posters and not the file found on gigposters.com. I bet some ppl bought some tweeners labeled a purple!
My tweener is a reject :cry: , but I'll keep it...unless somebody would love to give me a purple for it :D
PS Maybe the pics will show a color difference better if ya take off the flash. I noticed flash distorts poster colors...such as the Toronto dragons which is blue in person but aqua in the pics.
don't know about it being the rarest.... i just like the black more than the purple so i would pay more for that.
jason-bry
Flipper
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:49 pm

bostonlou wrote: teach a man to fish..............
"And he spends all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene."
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:43 pm

bostonlou wrote: oh by the way... the s/n dragons are a different blue than the 10c dragons
Really? Are the s/n more aqua??? I never heard of this before. Ya got pics of that too? Cuz I noticed in low light the poster can look kind of bland and the dark blue dragons blend into the poster. :?
posterlb
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 pm

i like
User avatar
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:00 am

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:19 pm

was looking at these last night (in person)

i think there's a purple S/N
dark purple show version
and black 10c version


thought i would share :)
automator
Nobody
Posts: 125265
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

New image Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames
Purple version

Image
rssesq
Art Expert
Posts: 3344
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Southern CT

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:23 pm

automator wrote:New image Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames
Purple version

Image
thinking outside the box with that matte

i like it
User avatar
morecoffee
Art Expert
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Fri May 29, 2009 8:13 am

My new ap has safely landed and it was well worth the $61 shipped, no scuffage, creases, or roll marks.
I'd like to thank the shitty economy for this fine poster deal...yet again. ;)
User avatar
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert
Posts: 3677
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Portugal

Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 am

morecoffee wrote:My new ap has safely landed and it was well worth the $61 shipped, no scuffage, creases, or roll marks.
I'd like to thank the shitty economy for this fine poster deal...yet again. ;)

You were really lucky!
Congratulations!
User avatar
morecoffee
Art Expert
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 am

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
morecoffee wrote:My new ap has safely landed and it was well worth the $61 shipped, no scuffage, creases, or roll marks.
I'd like to thank the shitty economy for this fine poster deal...yet again. ;)

You were really lucky!
Congratulations!
Thanks! I had a bit invested in this print. I bought a couple of ap's and gave them away as gifts a long time ago so it was nice to get one for myself at the low price.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 125265
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

New image Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames


Image
User avatar
Hutwe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 am

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 pm

rssesq wrote:
automator wrote:New image Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames
Purple version

Image
thinking outside the box with that matte

i like it
That is awesome, well done! (five years later) :clap:
User avatar
restlesssoul
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:00 am
Location: vancouver

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:06 pm

still got love for the whale in 2019....BUT....its still under my bed. nice to see the price jumping.....great poster for a Kids room!
veevala
User avatar
restlesssoul
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:00 am
Location: vancouver

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Hutwe wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 pm
rssesq wrote:
automator wrote:New image Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames
Purple version

Image
thinking outside the box with that matte

i like it
That is awesome, well done! (five years later) :clap:
REALLY LOVE THIS
veevala
Post Reply