Pearl Jam Boston I 06 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
shakes
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:01 am

The venue for this should be the TD Banknorth Garden .. although it's still the Boston Garden just a name change.

And regarding the 'scratches' on the whale, those can come right off with a little bit of water. It's just due to the rolling up of the poster with the white boarder going against it.
shakes
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 am

A member on the Red Mosquito forum just got one of these from the Ten Club poster sale and his Whale is definately Black, and not Purple. There was a photo included.
marshhouse
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:47 am

shakes wrote:And regarding the 'scratches' on the whale, those can come right off with a little bit of water.
You're kidding, right?
Bacon is love.
shakes
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:03 am

marshhouse wrote:You're kidding, right?
I don't know if you meant that as, "I'll try this right now" or "You're an idiot for thinking that'll work because it'll mess up the print" .. most likely #2? :shock:

I just read by a few different people that with a little dab of water you can rub the scratches off. I am by no means saying you should bring a spray hose to the poster or anything. :lol:
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 am

shakes wrote:
I don't know if you meant that as, "I'll try this right now" or "You're an idiot for thinking that'll work because it'll mess up the print" .. most likely #2? :shock:

I just read by a few different people that with a little dab of water you can rub the scratches off. I am by no means saying you should bring a spray hose to the poster or anything. :lol:

i soaked mine overnight... and now it's f'd

you owe me!! :wink:
marshhouse
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 am

shakes wrote:

It was asked sincerely.

I'm not an expert on conservation so I'd like to know if there's any merit to the technique. The only time I tried to lightly buff out a scuff was with a very soft cloth and I only made it worse.
Bacon is love.
shakes
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:55 am

No problem Marsh, I didn't take the comment rudely. :)

Again, I haven't tried this technique myself .. I guess you could test it on a poster you enjoy the least and see what happens.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:58 am

marshhouse wrote:
shakes wrote:

It was asked sincerely.

I'm not an expert on conservation so I'd like to know if there's any merit to the technique. The only time I tried to lightly buff out a scuff was with a very soft cloth and I only made it worse.

I've only had luck w/ flat blacks, maybe a couple other flat colors.......but it has to be that dry, dusty flat ink like PNE or slater uses from D&L.

a barely moist but clean finger works the best in my opinion.

Since Ames and Klausen use D&L for printing, I imagine this will work on some minor blemishes......the DC Klausen comes to mind.
mickelodeon

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:36 pm

shakes wrote:A member on the Red Mosquito forum just got one of these from the Ten Club poster sale and his Whale is definately Black, and not Purple. There was a photo included.
I just uploaded a pic in the Boston 1 poster profile, but figured I would bring it up here in the forum as well. I have both a black & a purple, and I took a pic of them together for comparison. The black is a true flat black and def not a dark pruple as you can see....

Anyone have any info on these posters? Did they run out of one of the inks during the press run? Or did Ames run a set amount in each color? Can't find any hard info on it.
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Anyone have a black version for sale or trade?

Let me know

thanks
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:07 pm

Got one coming my way very shortly - don't know if it's purple or black though. Not planning on keeping it, either way (part of a trade with the understanding that I wasn't gonna be keeping it).
Tra la la la la...
becauseofwind
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:08 pm

anyone willing to sell this poster? i've got every poster for the PJ shows ive been to since No Code, but have gotten sold out of this one at every turn.

if anyone is looking to sell, please let me know. i dont have any posters to trade, but i'll buy your 5x1 book for you if you want...
nc
EB Team

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 pm

becauseofwind wrote:if anyone is looking to sell, please let me know.
Contact the people on this list, someone there should be able to help you out.
http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?id=32881&view=2

Welcome to Expresso Beans
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:36 am

Got mine in - black one, s/# AP. I'll drop a line to the fellas in this thread looking for one, but contact me if you want to chat.
Tra la la la la...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:25 pm

NICE!!!!!!! I just checked my poster tube, and.... I have a black whale!!!!!