Them Crooked Vultures NYC 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
starkiller
EB Team

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Stream the full Them Crooked Vultures album NOW http://bit.ly/stream_tcvndex=0&playnext=1
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
oldsyd
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 am

Rumor has it Justin Hampton is doing the PDX TCV poster.
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm

lizardking12587 wrote:welcome??? I'm just saying thats what I thought right away when I got the email before coming here, the poster was nice but not for $75....It'll sell out in seconds but in reality its not worth it
well apparently your the only one who thinks that seeing as its going for close to $300. Anytime you can score an emek thats limited to 150 for $75 i think thats an excellent deal!
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm

^I just framed mine and it looks great, and for $75 it's *well* worth it, looks gorgeous, even if it's only in a cheap 28x22" frame, I'm staring at it on my wall right now, and it's very nice, well worth the 75 bones...I don't understand why anyone wouldn't think that, but everyone's different I guess and entitled to their own opinion, plus it's sold for nearly $300 on the secondary market, $75 is a steal IMO :pint: ^
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:03 pm

... and once again we end up talking about the secondary value of an Emek print, rather than WHY it's a worthy print... I mean, Christ, I can sell my Swan Station for $300+ but does that make it a great print or hype? You tell me... :roll:

... and I love the fact that sooooo many of these were bought for 1 reason... TO FLIP... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:08 pm

look I was only saying that it's well worth $75, I have mine framed, I don't flip sh!t, it's a beautful poster, period...that was what my post was about-I only mentioned that it's such a nice poster that some folks will pay a premium just to get it b/c it's so dope. :pint:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:11 pm

coleslaw wrote:look I was only saying that it's well worth $75, I have mine framed, I don't flip sh!t, it's a beautful poster, period...that was what my post was about-I only mentioned that it's such a nice poster that some folks will pay a premium just to get it b/c it's so dope. :pint:
Slaw... I wasn't really talking 'bout you, so sorry if that's how it came across... I was talking more 'bout the Sales threads and the fact that everyone is HYPING the s**t out of this print to bump up the secondary to FLIP IT... :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:13 pm

i'd love to see a pic of it in a frame if you feel like posting it. i almost bought one last night to do just what you did...toss it in a 22x28 frame. i'd be all over it at face, but i couldn't pull the trigger at 'market value'. there are bigger fish to fry.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:23 pm

comountaingolf I appologize, I thought you were saying I was hyping it to flip, which I don't do, I have never even sold anything on feebay for the record, and when I do sell something on here I always try to give people a price that I would buy it for, I'm in it for the art, not to make money off beautiful artwork. It's amazing in person and that's just one of the many reasons why I dig it so much, not to mention it's for a killer band and it's by one of my favorite artists to boot. :pint:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 pm

coleslaw wrote:comountaingolf I appologize, I thought you were saying I was hyping it to flip, which I don't do, I have never even sold anything on feebay for the record, and when I do sell something on here I always try to give people a price that I would buy it for, I'm in it for the art, not to make money off beautiful artwork. It's amazing in person and that's just one of the many reasons why I dig it so much, not to mention it's for a killer band and it's by one of my favorite artists to boot. :pint:
No worries 'Slaw, it was my bad... guess I still might a 'lil bitter from the PayPal white screen of death that I got during the original drop... Really wanted this... for cost... :lol:
> THC X 9 <
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i'd be all over it at face, but i couldn't pull the trigger at 'market value'. there are bigger fish to fry.
Grtdane06
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Slaw,

Any chance you would post a pic of your print framed? I just received mine today and welcome framing suggestions.

Cheers Paul
Replete wrote:Thanks GD and fittingly that was your 666th post :evil:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm

I just put mine is a stardard 28x22" frame, and my shitty camera would not do it justice or I already would have...sorry, but it's just a cheap black frame, I let the great image do all the justice it does :shock:
automator
Nobody

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 am

New image A/P Foil Test Edition
A/P Foil Test Edition.

automator
Nobody

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 am

New image A/P Foil Test Edition Doodle 1
A/P Foil Test Edition Doodle 1