Pearl Jam Chicago 06 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed May 17, 2006 2:23 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam Chicago 06 Ames

arodri70
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2006 2:23 pm

AP's up...but same as the other two, there is no link to put one in a cart :evil: :evil:
jojobadass
Art God

Wed May 17, 2006 8:49 pm

arodri70 wrote:AP's up...but same as the other two, there is no link to put one in a cart :evil: :evil:

Looks like ames is giving bilheimer a run for the money....outstanding effort!!
Imatruck
Art Expert

Thu May 18, 2006 9:37 pm

I think it sucks
jojobadass
Art God

Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm

marklucey wrote:I think it sucks

:lol: it has my early vote for worst print of the year.
shaunmcm

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:44 pm

ugly and not terribly original. better than almost all ames canada '05 though.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:42 am

U! G! L! Y! THIS AIN'T GOT NO ALIBY IT'S FUGGLY, yeah yeah, it's FUGGLY!!!

I don't know how to spell aliby, but I wanted to be creative in saying this poster is nasty!
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 am

it reminds me of this (made by rob zombie):

i believe pjtaper is a bit overdramatic. it is not that bad.
Manimal
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:36 pm

I was looking at mine the lastnight. It's not that bad in person. Nice colours. Could always put it up in your kids room to keep them scared straight. This is what will happen to you if you don't eat your vegies.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:39 pm

it has my vote for worst print of 2006.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:41 pm

jojobadass wrote:it has my vote for worst print of 2006.

well, I guess I mentioned that 2 or 3 times before.......but now it's the clear cut winner.
oldsyd
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:32 am

I like this print better than the Klausen print for this show.

Yes, it's art, so it's subjective, but the colors on this are more of an effort than the Klausen print. I like the colors, they 'pop' and catch your attention.

It's a clean design, not foggy. It reminds me of the Rat Fink theme. I admit it's a niche genre, but I always liked it.

And, since it's Pearl Jam/Ames there's the obligatory Bush bashing theme, which I don't care either way about. The drawback to that is that in 20 years it will look like the anti-Reagan stuff from the 80's. (ref. SLC Punk) On the other hand, the oil-guzzling message is very topical right now.

The cartoony look reminds me of Wacky Packs. Anyone who bashes a poster for looking like a cartoon better check the poster scene, there's alot of cartoon themed rock posters out there. I like Wacky Packs. If you grew up in the 70's you probably liked them too.

I'd be interested to hear why people have such a mob mentality when it comes to this poster. Is it because it's PJ? Ames? Not a Klausen? Something a little more descriptive than "worst poster of 2006". Saying that you sound like the guy from the Androids Dungeon.

It's easy to just jump on the bandwagon and say "yea, me too, that sucks real bad". Add something useful and tell us why you dislike/like it.

Shine On,
Jay
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:02 pm

it looks like fudge........that's why I don't like it. I'm not sure what else I need to say to clarify my previous statements.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
oldsyd
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:31 pm

I agree you don't like it. That is true.

I just said why I do like it.

What do you think makes it look like "fudge"? It's not brown, smeared and stinky (unless you 'doodled' it)

There has to be some specifics to why you don't like it, right :|

It it the way his eyes are all googley and stuff? Does it make you think of the taste of gasoline?

I'm just curious, I'm not trying to convert anyone or force my opinion on others. I'm open to new ideas and art concepts...

~j
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:45 pm

oldsyd wrote:I agree you don't like it. That is true.

I just said why I do like it.

What do you think makes it look like "fudge"? It's not brown, smeared and stinky (unless you 'doodled' it)

There has to be some specifics to why you don't like it, right :|

It it the way his eyes are all googley and stuff? Does it make you think of the taste of gasoline?

I'm just curious, I'm not trying to convert anyone or force my opinion on others. I'm open to new ideas and art concepts...

~j

Ok, I admit......I don't like many of barry's 'characters'. I don't like the netherlands monkey, I don't like the ireland guy, I don't like the frenchy guy, his 2005's just murder me, I don't like the hunter looking dude from '03, and I really don't like the Corvin hockey dudes.

So, as far as chicago goes. I like the colors, I don't like the lettering; and I would agree, it does look better in person. But, the 3 eyed googly dude is, yes, horrible and appalling. If the Canada 2005 prints were not so bad, I'd say this is easily my least favorite ames poster ever.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com