Ween / Flaming Lips Morrison 06 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm

rssesq wrote:yo, what happened to
INTEGRITY
Yo, what ever happened to finding out the facts before you post?
What you have stated is nothing but speculation on your part. I doubt - very much - you have any factual information to back up your assertions.
Yes, there is a Ween/Flaming Lips Morrison 06 printers proof edition of 10 on cream paper. No, it's not a reprint. Nor are the other posters mentioned above.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 pm

rssesq wrote:well the dusk edition Ben Harper came out years after as did the cream

janes add 02 = foil v2, candy cane, a/p, foil v3 and B/W ed came years later

janes add 09 has a new varient up at 60's shakedown posters

should i continue?

see p/p, s/p,

02 Janes release has nothing to do with Emek.
Debi has all those and they surface when she comes across them.
There is fudge buried there that we still probably don't know about.
The dusk Ben Harper was printed with all the others, just because you weren't notified of every variant is no reason to jump on Emek.
People had the cream velvet for over a year and just didn't log it in... happens with a bunch of variants.
I'm the one who should be bummed about the dusk variant... it made my complete set incomplete. :x

The only straight reprint that I know of was the Wilco windmill which was different on the 2nd release.... just gig posters to art prints and The Pixies eyeball which was two different venues.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 pm

the price chart on this print almost gave me a heart attack when I looked at it :shock:
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Dropped like a stone...
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Actually the prices haven't dropped have they?
Just on the hemp.
triporfreak
Art Expert

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:45 pm

not much at all. i was curious by the comment about the price chart, but its hardly parabolic! :wink:
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Saw a couple sit there forever at 700 - 750.
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Anyone know if there are recordings from this show/these performances floating around?
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 pm

So tonight...

I'm watching re-runs of the finest show on TV.

And, in the episode where Lamont decides to hop a merchant steam ship and sail the world -

Fred is forced to check into an old farts home.

Behind him above his headboard on his bed is this painting/print framed.

I'd noticed it some months before but wasn't willing to get up off the sofa to take a photo.

Sorry for the crap image...I think my phone camera MIGHT be a mega pixel.

"You Big Dummy!" :-P
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
triporfreak
Art Expert

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Sanford & Son? hysterical.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

triporfreak wrote:Sanford & Son?
As Fred would say "Are Bullfrogs waterproof!?!" :lol:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Elizabeth! I'm coming to see you!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
rockhoundjew
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231043449338?ss ... 1423.l2649

Description

Made for Moore is a non profit charity event put together to raise money for those affected by the Oklahoma tornadoes which devastated the city of Moore, OK and surrounding areas. Artwork from a wide array of artists has been donated which will be auctioned off to raise money for tornado relief. 100% of the money raised from these Ebay auctions will go towards the Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity.

Artwork was displayed on August 9th at The Society in Oklahoma City. We had an awesome turnout and truly appreciate everyone who was able to make it out! We will also be having an online raffle featuring a number of other great works. Check out our facebook page Made for Moore for more information and event details.

EMEK has given us something really special... his famous 14 color, 12 screen Ween/Flaming Lips screenprint from 2006. Inspired by James Earle Fraser's "End of the Trail." It was 11 colors, but then as it was being printed EMEK added a layer of glow in the dark ink over parts of it, so it ended up being 12 colors with the glow. There are also 2 blends on this poster; the sky from dark to light, and the ground from light to dark. So it's actually 14 colors with 12 screens.

This is a sample print, one of the first prints ever produced for the run. This was a way for EMEK and the printer to determine that they were happy with the quality of the print. The regular edition was a run of 100 though this is an extremely rare, unnumbered sample print. One of the first off the press! It's embossed, signed by EMEK as well as doodled on both the left and right bottom corners.

This is a gig poster for the Ween/Flaming Lips/The Go! Team show at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in CO in 2006. This print is framed and measures 24'' x 33''.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:21 pm

eBay 231043449338

Boom! Bid generously, it's for a good cause!
Image Image