Sketching: The Animal Kingdom 09 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Very cool concept, but not my favorite looking print overall.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:17 pm

econley wrote:0
Total value of the opinion

I don't give a flying phucktoid- how many doodled McCarthy's do you have in your collection?

Awesome- thanks Dan
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm

I got 2! Oh were you asking me? Nevermind my bad, but ya this is an awesome print, im still not a huge fan of the Green line pointing to the window but oh well!
Same fudge, different drop.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:35 pm

iratasan wrote:
econley wrote:Yes I'm a giant "hater" but I just have no common sense.
you don't need to stress that, we already know.

its keeps getting worse
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:
jojobadass wrote:who gives a fudge about forsman or mccarthy?
Fixed.
Booo!
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 pm

you all should do yourselves a favor and put econley on your foe list

saves you a lot of wasted time

stop quoting him/her so I am not tempted to read them :evil:
mmmm Beer :pint:
dukakus88
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:00 pm

econley needs to add an avatar of Nancy Grace.
If the shoe fits...
str8jacketweather
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm

Funny thing is I did the math and figured getting the sub would save me money. Keep the prints I want, hopefully sell the others for about $25 (about what I'll pay each). This way I willl get the ones i want for about $26 each, rather than $40. Works for me.
EB Team

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

econley wrote:
middayshadows wrote:Dan is making a limited number of prints ( for club members only)...
How many exactly is he making? Would be nice if, for once in his life, he set the actualy number beforehand.
middayshadows wrote:i was already going to renew my sub, but hearing about this made it a no-brainer.
Really? Dan's editions are 550 and over now, and his ap's are over 60 which seems ridiculous in and of itself (obey doesn't even issue that many). Why get any sub from him when you can buy the few prints you see before you purchase them that are worthwhile of your money easily from his site and get the other 8-10 less than amazing prints under cost from ebay and these boards if you so wish for less overall? If you answered a tiny doodle of a random animal, you proved me wrong. If you're smart enough to realize people will be shopping their prints involving animals they don't enjoy that you can pick up fairly cheap and of an animal you possibly might enjoy, you're the real winners. I stopped being a sub holder after the 06/07 sub because he jacked the amount of prints up so much that I didn't need to be sitting by my computer every first few days of the month to score one. The monetary dynamics of a mccarthy print from release to a year later would be wonderful material for any finance or business major to use in a project. Especially a case study on supply and immediate demand, with long term demand (or lack thereof) based overall on image desirability (make sure you thank me in the introduction).

Yes I'm a giant "hater" but I still have common sense. Thanks to flippers, we baby a lot of artists that are no longer deserving. Forsman should be the one who's really mad, McCarthy killed the value of his prints by killing the secondary market on his own. I personally wish McCarthy took a year off of the sub and tried to sell out all his prints to those who had seen them before clicking the paypal button, it would be a much needed wakeup call. Sorry to drag your name into this Mark, I own almost every print you released and they're amazing in person.

I love talent but it seems to be misused most of the time.
i really like what Dan does, but unfortunately i have to agree 100% with the statements above
maxine
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm

1972 wrote:
econley wrote:
middayshadows wrote:Dan is making a limited number of prints ( for club members only)...
How many exactly is he making? Would be nice if, for once in his life, he set the actualy number beforehand.
middayshadows wrote:i was already going to renew my sub, but hearing about this made it a no-brainer.
Really? Dan's editions are 550 and over now, and his ap's are over 60 which seems ridiculous in and of itself (obey doesn't even issue that many). Why get any sub from him when you can buy the few prints you see before you purchase them that are worthwhile of your money easily from his site and get the other 8-10 less than amazing prints under cost from ebay and these boards if you so wish for less overall? If you answered a tiny doodle of a random animal, you proved me wrong. If you're smart enough to realize people will be shopping their prints involving animals they don't enjoy that you can pick up fairly cheap and of an animal you possibly might enjoy, you're the real winners. I stopped being a sub holder after the 06/07 sub because he jacked the amount of prints up so much that I didn't need to be sitting by my computer every first few days of the month to score one. The monetary dynamics of a mccarthy print from release to a year later would be wonderful material for any finance or business major to use in a project. Especially a case study on supply and immediate demand, with long term demand (or lack thereof) based overall on image desirability (make sure you thank me in the introduction).

Yes I'm a giant "hater" but I still have common sense. Thanks to flippers, we baby a lot of artists that are no longer deserving. Forsman should be the one who's really mad, McCarthy killed the value of his prints by killing the secondary market on his own. I personally wish McCarthy took a year off of the sub and tried to sell out all his prints to those who had seen them before clicking the paypal button, it would be a much needed wakeup call. Sorry to drag your name into this Mark, I own almost every print you released and they're amazing in person.

I love talent but it seems to be misused most of the time.
i really like what Dan does, but unfortunately i have to agree 100% with the statements above
Me too. Well...maybe not 100%. I don't have most of Forsman's prints.
econley
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:05 am

There's a definite link between forsman and McCarthy, one produces more prints than there sould be demand for and the other prouces far less, one sells out when he shouldn't and the other's take awhile to, one's established and draws high dollar amounts for some of his older prints while the other is still in school.

You can score a McCarthy on the secondary market for even lower than mark's prints sell for and they're crazy cheap to begin with. McCarthy basically has an open ended print edition that lasts for 1-3 days. It cracks me up when he posts on his site that he thinks they might be sold out. He prints them himself and doesn't list the edition size. As for the economic standpoint of a sub, how many prints a year do you actually really enjoy and would frame? I'm going with 4 as the top answer (the real amount is 2-3), and would only recommend buying from dan if the image is amazing and involes gid ink since people go insane for them even though they're asleep for the majority of the time it's dark out. I'm actually surprised that all of his prints don't invole gid inks since someone always seems to ask if they were used in every release. My true opinion is that LQL should just be re-released so the majority of us will stop paying attention.

I get it, the moon, trees, houses with one light on, powerlines, mountains, and dinosaurs are cool. It just get's old after 6 years worth of them.

And now to go from mildly rational to very unpopular(it's why you love to hate me), Dan's already run out of major ideas and most people are starting to let on that his sub is just a giant scam to own 10 prints that you never would otherwise, so I will predict that in only 3 years he'll be forced to make more concert posters than art prints. His months are numbered unless he finds a new style, maybe it will be animal sketches, who knows
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 am

People (myself included) don't seem to be getting bored yet. Also, there are many other artists who are quite popular on this site, that don't change their style very often, but continue to get lots of love.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:20 am

McCarthy is the Shiznit! and he does actually set his edition size before he prints, this year everything is 555! are you retarded econley? :drool: :pint:
Same fudge, different drop.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 am

true story.........you can make money off dan mccarthy if you don't sell them the day after you buy them.

I don't think that guy ecoli is very good at math.

I'm also not sure why ecoli is commenting in a dan mccarthy thread if he really doesn't like dan mccarthy. Jermaine or PM are available to bust on and are much more fun to harrass..........I'd recommend you try it out.

who really cares about forsman?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
johnr1311
Art Expert

Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 am

jojobadass wrote:true story.........you can make money off dan mccarthy if you don't sell them the day after you buy them.

I don't think that guy ecoli is very good at math.

I'm also not sure why ecoli is commenting in a dan mccarthy thread if he really doesn't like dan mccarthy. Jermaine or PM are available to bust on and are much more fun to harrass..........I'd recommend you try it out.

who really cares about forsman?
I talked to Jermaine a couple of years ago and he mentioned you , but then basically shut up and didnt wanna talk about it. I assume he hates you cause you are a blatant flipper and you dont like him cause his prints dont flip really well. Is that pretty close?