Green Jellö Tool 91 Kuhn

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fredo
Art God

Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 am

Yamar wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:the database really needs better pics of this puppy.
Only image was/is from Lindsey's site. If you've got one, send in some pix!
I think Ryan_1969 posted one in the recent acquisitions thread somewhere.
just a foil for me today, thanks
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 04, 2012 10:02 am

it's was prolly a blacklight pic. :lol: he sure loved that fudge.

where the drymount is he anyways?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
desch
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 am

fredo wrote:Hi, Rick. Need anything from Boston?
An assurance the Red Sox are going to do well this season. :wink:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
itsdug
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 am

sidewaysscott wrote:it's was prolly a blacklight pic. :lol: he sure loved that fudge.

where the drymount is he anyways?
He's here. Just look around.
no comment ®
bigboy55693

Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 am

Only 3 were printed b/c this print was for a one off show at the practice space of the bands listed on the print.
The prints were made to put up around the venue (literally a dingy, small, loft style apartment in early 90's LA) The loft also hosted Rage Against the Machine in their early years as well.

After the bands got big, more were made to commemorate the event since it was basically the first time Tool played as a cohesive unit and the first print ever made for Tool.

I've got some follow up questions to Bill out right now inquiring about the specifics of the second edition run. I'll post them here once I get a reply.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 am

:shock: This poster boggles the mind.....
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
itsdug
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 pm

bigboy55693 wrote:Only 3 were printed b/c this print was for a one off show at the practice space of the bands listed on the print.
The prints were made to put up around the venue (literally a dingy, small, loft style apartment in early 90's LA) The loft also hosted Rage Against the Machine in their early years as well.

After the bands got big, more were made to commemorate the event since it was basically the first time Tool played as a cohesive unit and the first print ever made for Tool.

I've got some follow up questions to Bill out right now inquiring about the specifics of the second edition run. I'll post them here once I get a reply.
I just seems like a lot of work to make 3 posters. Not 4, not 10, but 3. You know more than me about it, it's just seems odd.
no comment ®
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I think he's confused, or retarded or just got ripped off by purchasing one of the only "three" original copies. Small venue or not, it would be totally ridiculous to put that much work into only printing three prints. Lindsey is around someone should ask him if he's been selling second printings as first printings.
rgardjr
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 pm

talkingdeads wrote:Lindsey is around someone should ask him if he's been selling second printings as first printings.
I have a message into Lindsey to get his side of the story on this one. It was the first show poster that Lindsey did making the transition from printer to artist/printer.
Xander
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Pretty sure the run for this is 75.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Hmmm. It's really strange that on Lindsey's website (swampco.com), the poster shows as signed/numbered with an edition of "?".
The link on page 1 of this thread takes you right to the page on swampco that shows what I've just said.
There's no mention of a 2nd edition on swampco.com, and there is no mention elsewhere on swampco.com of this poster being one of Lindsey's "20th anniversary" prints.
I guess we'll have to wait to see if Lindsay responds to rgardjr.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
fredo
Art God

Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

Any word?
just a foil for me today, thanks
rgardjr
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 pm

fredo wrote:Any word?
Not yet ...
bigboy55693

Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

talkingdeads wrote:I think he's confused, or retarded or just got ripped off by purchasing one of the only "three" original copies. Small venue or not, it would be totally ridiculous to put that much work into only printing three prints. Lindsey is around someone should ask him if he's been selling second printings as first printings.
Dear Mr. Jackass EB dude:
I didn't buy either of the two original prints that Bill sold so I don't have any interest in calling out the discrepancies of the first run.
I bought a second edition and out of curiosity I asked Bill what the background story on the print was. I found it to be interesting so I shared it on here.

Concerning the print: Its not extremely detailed and to me it would seem that someone who is proficient in the craft could crank out the design in a day.

So far we only have the original purchasers side of the story. Wait to make judgements until the artists side of the story is known.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone written Lindsey about this or are you just expecting him to check in here? I've always found him to be pretty cool to chat with and respond to inquiries in the past. If it hasn't been done, just suggesting that someone who wants to know that part of the story might want to ask...
Tra la la la la...