Page 1 of 3

Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am
by automator
This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Image

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:55 am
by djklambake
Never was a big Shawn Kemp fan...can't really see this sucker up on my wall. The other two posters offered at the Seattle shows are a whole helluva lot prettier/meaningful, IMO...

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:28 am
by rssesq

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am
by djklambake
Back in the day, I was a Lakers fan... then Bulls when my family moved to Chicago. Supersonics were just another team and Kemp was just another player (I was only 11... and had no appreciation for much really)

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 am
by piomba
Kemp and Schrempf were always my first choice in NBA Jam.

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 am
by djklambake
piomba wrote:Kemp and Schrempf were always my first choice in NBA Jam.
Oh hell yes. I challenged myself and chose Lohaus and Edwards from the Bucks often.

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:07 am
by ThierryHenry
Did I mention I want this?!!

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am
by Deez
djklambake wrote:
piomba wrote:Kemp and Schrempf were always my first choice in NBA Jam.
Oh hell yes. I challenged myself and chose Lohaus and Edwards from the Bucks often.
Dude, I DOMINATED with Lohaus! My friends would get so pissed, because Lohaus was an absolute nobody in the NBA, and he'd be on fire half the game!

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm
by rssesq
djklambake wrote:
piomba wrote:Kemp and Schrempf were always my first choice in NBA Jam.
Oh hell yes. I challenged myself and chose Lohaus and Edwards from the Bucks often.

what about Scott and Shaq? Skiles was too fast and Shaq was a monster

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 pm
by thesavageguy
This poster and those highlights bring up great memories. Went to games ever since I was a wee one. The 90's and continual playoff runs were so much fun. Such a shame the NBA let the situation go down like it did. They dont even have the drymounting banners up in the Key Arena any more! I hope to come across Clay Bennett some day....I've got some choice words for him. And by words, I mean a fist sandwich. Until then, I guess I can dress up as the douchebag for Halloween!

Image

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm
by spunkmonkey
thesavageguy wrote:This poster and those highlights bring up great memories. Went to games ever since I was a wee one. The 90's and continual playoff runs were so much fun. Such a shame the NBA let the situation go down like it did. They dont even have the drymounting banners up in the Key Arena any more! I hope to come across Clay Bennett some day....I've got some choice words for him. And by words, I mean a fist sandwich. Until then, I guess I can dress up as the douchebag for Halloween!

Image
I blame Shultz 100%. Geez Shultzy, WTF do you think a guy from OKC, along with a bunch of his investor buddies from OKC were going to try to do? Shultz was a moron for selling to them. F Shultz and F Starbucks.

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 pm
by sasquatch
Some shots from the Ames Bros. booth at Key Arena, where this poster was sold with the Pearl Jam Vs. Ames Bros book.
That's Colby taking orders (he said he's going to be the dad of a new baby boy any day now) and Barry Ament working the Paypal on his laptop in the background. Barry's very cute kids were there, handing out Ames Bros. coupons.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:32 am
by yosi
Even though I was a Knicks fan growing up I always loved Shawn Kemp. I even bought a poster of him when my family visited the Basketball HoF.

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:25 am
by Guy816
yosi wrote:Even though I was a Knicks fan growing up I always loved Shawn Kemp. I even bought a poster of him when my family visited the Basketball HoF.
I grew up a Knicks fan and Kemp was also my favorite non-Knick. Those Knicks teams were nasty with Ewing, Mason, Oakley, Starks, Harper, etc. but none of those guys could throw down crazy dunks. I also had a Kemp Reignman poster too.

Re: Pearl Jam Seattle 09 Ames

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:24 am
by itsdug
Best PJ poster in a long time. Classic, fun, old school Ames gig poster.