Death Blossom 09 Choe

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 7996
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Rising star? Maybe. Rising prices? Total opposite. Not so silly flippers I would say.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:39 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:Actually, his popularity has slipped in the past 2 years. Check the past print runs and sales. His work is still top notch imo though.
I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:45 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:Actually, his popularity has slipped in the past 2 years. Check the past print runs and sales. His work is still top notch imo though.
I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:
Thats the way to go. Wait til the quick flips end then pick one up for cost or less years down the road.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:50 pm

If I could be so lucky, right? I just love his style, something about it.

edit.

Anyone want to dump their Choe, drop me a PM. Get out now before the bottom falls out completely! :pint:
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:If I could be so lucky, right? I just love his style, something about it.

edit.

Anyone want to dump their Choe, drop me a PM. Get out now before the bottom falls out completely! :pint:

you guys are dreaming... there are only 38 of these and 10 AP's, not to mention the Brits are nuts for this print.....


User avatar
ill
Art Expert
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:10 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:Actually, his popularity has slipped in the past 2 years. Check the past print runs and sales. His work is still top notch imo though.
I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:
Thats the way to go. Wait til the quick flips end then pick one up for cost or less years down the road.
I personally feel like Choe's market tanked due to his popularity rising too fast from hype and not much else. I do, however, think Choe is extremely talented and will persevere in the long run. His work has matured a lot even in the past two years. I wouldn't hold my breath for ever getting one of these at cost, but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky?
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I like the huge prints, but I'm honestly hoping for something cool and slightly smaller, say 26" x 36" max.

Anyone know where to get matting 50 inches square or larger?
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3388
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

This is one of the best prints I own. I don't give a crap if it goes to $1 or $10K, it is staying on my wall. :pint:
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3388
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

boatingbenny wrote:This is one of the best prints I own. I don't give a crap if it goes to $1 or $10K, it is staying on my wall. :pint:
next to Choes Jimi!
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:If I could be so lucky, right? I just love his style, something about it.

edit.

Anyone want to dump their Choe, drop me a PM. Get out now before the bottom falls out completely! :pint:

you guys are dreaming... there are only 38 of these and 10 AP's, not to mention the Brits are nuts for this print.....


I own number 2 by the way. But will happily pick up another at cost. :clap:
User avatar
nljdj
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:06 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:Actually, his popularity has slipped in the past 2 years. Check the past print runs and sales. His work is still top notch imo though.
I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:
Thats the way to go. Wait til the quick flips end then pick one up for cost or less years down the road.
You wont ever get this print for cost or less............ :pint:
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:08 pm

nljdj wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:Actually, his popularity has slipped in the past 2 years. Check the past print runs and sales. His work is still top notch imo though.
I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:
Thats the way to go. Wait til the quick flips end then pick one up for cost or less years down the road.
You wont ever get this print for cost or less............ :pint:

QFT
User avatar
nljdj
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:42 pm

[/quote]

I agree, his work is getting better and better. I see the charts and have snagged some stuff at under cost. I will continue to bottom feed during this period. :wink:[/quote]

Thats the way to go. Wait til the quick flips end then pick one up for cost or less years down the road.[/quote]

You wont ever get this print for cost or less............ :pint:[/quote]


QFT[/quote]

ABC ?
User avatar
nljdj
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm

$1125 for the AP that was on ebay.

Probably the lowest sale of this print anyone will see, ever.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 pm

nljdj wrote:$1125 for the AP that was on ebay.

Probably the lowest sale of this print anyone will see, ever.
not to mention in that auction that it didn't come with a COA (mini print) either....
Post Reply