Dead Man 09 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
iratasan
Flipper

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 am

i don't care, i vote for detritus. there, i said it.
byc101
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:33 am

decker3984 wrote:Sorry Dean. . . I am going to have to stick w/ Smith on this one and say Nesting trumps WBG.
Don't know if my vote counts since I've never seen "Nesting" in person, but there you go; "Nesting" over "WBG".
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:11 am

all of horkey's art prints suck.

more posters please.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:02 am

Detritus is pretty awesome, but I think my favourite is still Neurosis. The latest print may trump it though.
fredo
Art God

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:08 am

Any words on the whens n' wheres n' whatnots?
just a foil for me today, thanks
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 am

word on the street is that it was susposed to drop yesterday.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
fredo
Art God

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 am

Heh.
Never trust the street.
just a foil for me today, thanks
danielalanscott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 am

I know I am in the minority here, but I have NEVER cared for WBG. The imagry just does nothing for me. Nesting and Detritus on the other hand... amazing. I think it is the Skate Ramp in WBG that ruins it for me.

-dan-
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 am

iratasan wrote:i don't care, i vote for detritus. there, i said it.
I second that! Best Horkey art print!
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:53 am

As long as we're voting on art prints, I'll offer up my vote for OTA so it doesn't feel all neglected. Not the most intricate print but the one I love the most.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 am

hatredofhuds wrote:
I'm with these two. the skin paper & the gold dust compliment the composition like none of his other prints.

I am looking forward to seeing this giclee and the letterpressed line art prints.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:08 am

fredo wrote:Any words on the whens n' wheres n' whatnots?
If you haven't already, I would sign up on the Dead Arts mailing list.
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:11 am

electrachrome wrote:
hatredofhuds wrote:
I'm with these two. the skin paper & the gold dust compliment the composition like none of his other prints.
Yeah, very good points. Didn't really mean to neglect the Detritus. . . But with the hand embellishment,
it is almost hard to compare the two in my mind. That and I have only framed my Japan so far. . .
Really need to get the US framed. That thing really is amazing!
electrachrome wrote:I am looking forward to seeing this giclee and the letterpressed line art prints.
I will second that! :drool:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:16 am

greenhorn1 wrote:As long as we're voting on art prints, I'll offer up my vote for OTA so it doesn't feel all neglected. Not the most intricate print but the one I love the most.
That one will forever hold a special place in my heart (and on my walls). . . But I would say it is still second to Nesting.
Even though I have 3 copies of one and only one of the other! :D Thank god there were never any variants of Nesting,
I would have had SO much cc debt! :lol:
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:19 am

machination wrote:Detritus is pretty awesome, but I think my favourite is still Neurosis. The latest print may trump it though.
Yeah, the flames on ANY version of the Neurosis are SICK! :twisted: But I would say this beats it hands down. :notworthy:
(having seen both in person) If not by the printing alone on the giclee. . . The letterpress puts it way over the top!