Che 09 Yerena

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Che 09 Yerena

adambad
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:55 pm

let me be the first to say im in.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 pm

I wish there were more political figures and "popular" people in this style. Looks great. Nothing too new, but still nice.
Last edited by machination on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

looks really lifelike :clap: :pint:

...4 more on Che:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
GratefulRog
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Why would anyone want to celebrate this asshole? He was a mass murderer. :thumbdown:

But on the other hand, one man's mass murderer is another man's "freedom fighter".

Skip wiki...click here. http://shop.therealcuba.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=57
Whaddya mean I don't support your system? I go to court when I have to.
Random407
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 pm

GratefulRog wrote:Why would anyone want to celebrate this asshole? He was a mass murderer.
And so has pretty much every President of the United States. Life isn't as simple as good/bad and black/white. Few people realize how priviledged we are in the United States, especially now (as opposed to 50 years ago).

Hitler on the other hand was pure evil, but some valid points are still raised concerning his devotion to his country (it's the whole incineration of jews that people have a problem with)
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 am

Che had more respect for humankind than any President that has reigned over the United States during my lifetime. And millions of sheeple celebrate those assholes, and even seek to have their stupid kitten mugs carved into mountains. Where can I buy this?

E
GratefulRog
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Che had more respect for humankind than any President that has reigned over the United States during my lifetime.
:roll: And millions of sheeple celebrate THIS asshole. Go figure.

"Nearly four decades after his death, it's impossible to avoid the image of Ernesto "Che" Guevara everywhere from T-shirts to cartoons. Liberals consider Che a revolutionary martyr who gave his life to help the poor of Latin America. Time named him one of the one hundred most influential people of the last century. And a major Hollywood movie is about to lionize him to a new generation."

"The reality, as we learn from Cuban exile Humberto Fontova, is that Che wasn't really a gentle soul and a selfless hero. He was a violent Communist who thought nothing of firing a gun into the stomach of a woman six months pregnant whose only crime was that her family opposed him. And he was a hypocrite who lusted after material luxuries while cultivating his image as a man of the people."

Beautiful work on the print, though. :)
Whaddya mean I don't support your system? I go to court when I have to.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 am

GratefulRog wrote:
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Che had more respect for humankind than any President that has reigned over the United States during my lifetime.
:roll: And millions of sheeple celebrate THIS asshole. Go figure.

"Nearly four decades after his death, it's impossible to avoid the image of Ernesto "Che" Guevara everywhere from T-shirts to cartoons. Liberals consider Che a revolutionary martyr who gave his life to help the poor of Latin America. Time named him one of the one hundred most influential people of the last century. And a major Hollywood movie is about to lionize him to a new generation."

"The reality, as we learn from Cuban exile Humberto Fontova, is that Che wasn't really a gentle soul and a selfless hero. He was a violent Communist who thought nothing of firing a gun into the stomach of a woman six months pregnant whose only crime was that her family opposed him. And he was a hypocrite who lusted after material luxuries while cultivating his image as a man of the people."

Beautiful work on the print, though. :)
YA!! beautiful print ernesto!!
bdavenport0
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Che had more respect for humankind than any President that has reigned over the United States during my lifetime. And millions of sheeple celebrate those assholes, and even seek to have their stupid kitten mugs carved into mountains. Where can I buy this?

E
http://www.hechoconganas.com/
adambad
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm

taylorehill
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 pm

If I pay $100 for a screen print during a recession, it will be an EMEK and it will have 12 colors, not two.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:05 am

taylorehill wrote:If I pay $100 for a screen print during a recession, it will be an EMEK and it will have 12 colors, not two.
$50 would have been a solid price point... Same w/ the Zack print a few months back 8)
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:41 am

A $100 print thanks to Capitalism. Brought to you by everyone's favorite Commie, Che Guevara. Yerena must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am

Some artists seem to like making career limiting moves. Wonder if Jetset is still running this guy's show.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.