Phish Mountain View 09 SAC

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
calicollector
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 am

this poster rules. that show was awesome.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 am

you rule, and you're awesome.
:pint:
recycler
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 am

looking back - this is one of the better phish 2009's

It has great dimension - very nice happy colors (perfect for the band and the venue)
theomont
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

I don't know what it is but it had the potential to be the best poster of the summer but something's missing. The colors flow and I really like the water droplets (or cloud reflections) but there seems to be a lot of unused space, especially for a Campbell. I'd like one but I don't even want to pay face for it so I'll probably never get it.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
walterfredo
Art Expert

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am

Initially I didn't really care for it, but after giving the poster a serious stare down, it has really grown on me. I've determined that thing I don't like about it is the text in the clouds. If the clouds would have just been clouds....with the text being up top or on the bottom, in some sort of awesome SAC text the poster would have been so much better. The text in the clouds looks terrible. And it doesn't say Mountain View, CA on it anywhere, that's kind of bunk imo. It will get framed and put in my sons room for his first show.
admiller
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Woah this thing dropped in price big time! Usually the SAC prints have a pretty solid resale aside from the 03 Shoreline. I guess people don't dig all that white space. Im glad to see that Mr. Campbell got thrown in the loop for this summer's poster series. Hes a Burlington, Vermont artist working for a Burlington, Vermont band. You can't beat that. Not to mention, all of his works are definitely original.
arodri70
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 pm

69 left on drygoods
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:03 am

Look at this ebay's way of tagging his photos- hilarious!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHISH-SHORELINE-CAM ... 286.c0.m14

And if he doesn't have the correct box checked on his preferences- ebay would put into the gallery anyway from what I understand; know?
sogr8ful
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm loving the sale from 11.13.09

It reminds me of my 8 x 10 photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore.
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah, I added that sale. I just couldn't resist including that detail in the post here because that is literally what the auction had listed. Really, though, I couldn't tell it the seller had just copied and pasted from another sale they had auctioned at some earlier point or if they really thought it was signed by Pollock. It made me laugh and I had to share with people who would understand my chuckle.

I really love this poster. I have many thoughts about it and I'm glad I have one coming to me in the mail right now, but I will share my thoughts after seeing it in person; I'm sure you all know, thoughts and impressions about art can change after seeing a print (or original) in person than online (or in a book, etc.).
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:45 pm

I have one for face + shipping if anyone is interested. Just trying to give it a good home.
muletrane
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 am

This is one of my favorite posters from summer tour :clap:
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:46 am

s_k_y wrote:I have one for face + shipping if anyone is interested. Just trying to give it a good home.
May I suggest you list that on the "For Sale Or Trade" page for this print? That's where I found the one that's on it's way to me.
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:05 am

I received my Shoreline poster today. I would like to say that this poster means a lot to me. This was the first show I went to since they returned to the stage together.

This poster captures the feeling of what it was like for me on that day when I was driving from Los Angeles up the grapevine to see them. It captures the way I felt as I was waiting with anxious anticipation to see them with my way over-priced, scalped ticket in hand weeks before the day. This poster even captures how far away Phish seemed to me during their "breakup" with the Shoreline Canopy so far away and yet so clear still as was the memory and how close they always were to my heart with the sign that displays the band logo on the island right up front taking precedence. The island is like a little refuge too, just like Phish is for me, and it has a little step to help get you up onto it more easily. And the way the sign remains so straight when its post does not look solid represents how fragile I still believed all of it to be (I kept worrying that they would breakup again before I would actually get to see them play again since they played the Hampton shows). If they did, of course, the sign would fall over. But the reality was the sign stayed tall and strong, I just could not see its solidity clearly through my fear of waiting for "the other shoe to drop". The way the ground is drawn in this poster also symbolizes my perception of the world during the "breakup" as well; it was boring and flat and there was nothing else to see in comparison to Phish. And since being able to see them play live again was once again in the scope of reality this poster even shows that the now-fluffy clouds were clearing over the venue to reveal beautiful, bright blue skies suggesting very good times approaching.

And even though The Centrum in Worcester was the first place I ever heard Phish live (or otherwise), since that first night, I have always been a Phish Head "out of water" because I lived here in CA and that makes Shoreline an especially special venue to me.

And I think Phish's music is very pretty, most of it is down-right melodic and beautiful and I think both of Campbell's Shoreline posters capture that feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Pollock fan too, but there really is something fluid, simple, symbolic and magical about both of Campbell's Shoreline prints. They just make me smile.

So, in a nutshell, this poster helps to visually represent the moment Phish returned to my life and I love it.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:57 pm

UP at drygoods.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.