Phish Joy Box 09

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
otofin

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:44 pm

I got mine today and it's pretty nice. The hardbound book is great and the posters all come with a little sleeve with the song title on it to keep it rolled up.
It's nice to have the album, Party Time CD and the DVD in one package. I got the album on vinyl so to have it in both formats works for me. I know it was a touch pricey but I'm glad I got one. :D
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 pm

They are now selling this on Dry Goods for $99. I'm glad I pre-ordered mine.
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 pm

After seeing the prints from the box, I am sooooooo glad I passed on it.
ghettoblaster
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:38 pm

thegig wrote:After seeing the prints from the box, I am sooooooo glad I passed on it.
I ordered mine in Aug, still have not received it yet.
Wished I would have passed on it.
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:55 pm

ghettoblaster wrote:I ordered mine in Aug, still have not received it yet.
Wished I would have passed on it.
I'm sure it will come soon. You can call Phish Dry Goods for clarification or an exact date. I also ordered mine in August and received an email with a shipping tracking number around Nov 16 and it was delivered on Nov 20.
thegig wrote:After seeing the prints from the box, I am sooooooo glad I passed on it.
I did not order mine for the posters, they were just an added bonus. I like to have all the Phish videos and music I can, the higher the resolution the better. And I just like Phish stuff in general. :D
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:14 pm

I hear ya. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy it. The fact that I think Joy is probably the worst album they've ever made probably would not have helped my assessment of the Joy Box.....
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

EsthersDoll wrote:They are now selling this on Dry Goods for $99. I'm glad I pre-ordered mine.
Yes, but you can still get the Joy box & vinyl package for $84.99. :lol:
piomba
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

album is definitely not their best but i think it's good listening. box is very large, drawers are a nice touch. could be good hiding spots if they weren't in a box with eyeballs all over it.
jester
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:20 am

I just got my box set and im not happy with it at all. All the dvd snips are new songs, I mean I thought there would be at least a few old tunes.
Also most important the posters kinda suck, even the Pollock they're not signed or #'d and they're all digital looking, horrible definitely don't recommend this box set...... :thumbdown: :lame:

But I will say that they made the box set very nice, its pretty cool looking. I just dont enjoy any of the new tunes or the posters in this box set.....
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
gslice74
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:06 pm

just got mine today and I was slightly disapointed. Thought there would be more pictures in the joy book (the phish book) but the stinger happened when I tried to reopen my pollock drawer,... its locked! I mean it just wont open. Now sugarshack, ocelot, light and i've been around wont either :cry: . Is this some sort of puzzle too or is this there manufacturing issue?

Anyone else having this problem?