Dave Matthews Band 10KLF 09 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:53 am

I love cribbage...
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am

jjbehren wrote:I love cribbage...
nice...we'll have to have a few games over some beers and poster talk some evening. of course, with our schedules...that may be a couple of years! :wink:
iratasan wrote:a wise man once said "you know that you have a problem when you start hanging pictures at door knob height."
recycler
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 pm

serious djpubbs? no poster mimics reality (horkey, emek, pollock, mouse, wood...)

so do you think the hula girls were there for dmb?
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:42 pm

recycler wrote:serious djpubbs? no poster mimics reality (horkey, emek, pollock, mouse, wood...)

so do you think the hula girls were there for dmb?
maybe i didn't say it right...which isn't unusual...

...what you said, no poster mimics reality...is exactly what i was tryign to say! and to tie it together i was trying, maybe a sorry attempt, to tie it together by saying don't hate on this because it isn't "literal" to the band or show or festival.

also, re: hula girls...i was saying that, after being at 10klf, this actually does indeed fit the show that the poster was printed for. were there any there for DMB...my wife certainly was!
iratasan wrote:a wise man once said "you know that you have a problem when you start hanging pictures at door knob height."
heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:37 am

djpubbs wrote:
lastly, at alpine i never, literaly, saw a mouse farming cheese while driving to the venue, nor did i see anyone playing cards or poker at alpine, other than myself playing cribbage in the lot! i mean not every poster has to be exactly what the band is about, etc. again, just my opinion...
I'm hoping Monsterquest goes looking for that mouse cheese farmer. He could be out there! :lol:
jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
kramer73
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:09 pm

up at the warehouse.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 am

I didn't see the release thread but I have to mention this somewhere- for I thought it was rather funny.

Well- the gates opened at noon and folks ran to the stage as the poster monkeys gathered for bananas going on sale at the merchandise tree house. As always, there is tension in the air- whose in line where, are they starting with low numbers and whose going to get what, whats the limit. Its just a large banaster, no line- folks just standing and stacking. Very civil to be honest- looked like a good group of monkeys, including myself.

Well- no posters? Monkeys are restless- I hear chatter of somebody waiting for 3 hours at one show to get the bananas....oh no!. The great merchandise women (who was actually a very kind lady) gave us news that the posters were sent federal express and the bananas WERE LOST in Fargo, and they had plans to send somebody to pick them up but they can't be located!! Begast!!

So we wait about 30 minutes- doesn't look good and then the great poster goddess brings news that the prints have been located and are on the way. Celebration!!

So, everybody is giddy and the poster goddess makes a decision to start selling THE TUBES without the posters in them, so in concept, when the posters arrived- you would receive a poster for every tube.

Well- it sounded good, real good- once I saw the pace of the 2 merch people... good old Minnesotian's...... thought it was great until the posters arrived and you realized that not every person in line was as honest as they should have been.

They sold about 25 tubes I would guess- 2 per person, lots of tubes- kind of hard to keep track of 25 people waiving tubes wanting the posters they paid for, along with selling new tubes to other folks at the same time!!!

I watched and knew there would be trouble- for the most part everybody was honest- for the most part.

Morals of the story here: Have vines/lines and no tube presales :lol:
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:I didn't see the release thread but I have to mention this somewhere- for I thought it was rather funny.

Well- the gates opened at noon and folks ran to the stage as the poster monkeys gathered for bananas going on sale at the merchandise tree house. As always, there is tension in the air- whose in line where, are they starting with low numbers and whose going to get what, whats the limit. Its just a large banaster, no line- folks just standing and stacking. Very civil to be honest- looked like a good group of monkeys, including myself.

Well- no posters? Monkeys are restless- I hear chatter of somebody waiting for 3 hours at one show to get the bananas....oh no!. The great merchandise women (who was actually a very kind lady) gave us news that the posters were sent federal express and the bananas WERE LOST in Fargo, and they had plans to send somebody to pick them up but they can't be located!! Begast!!

So we wait about 30 minutes- doesn't look good and then the great poster goddess brings news that the prints have been located and are on the way. Celebration!!

So, everybody is giddy and the poster goddess makes a decision to start selling THE TUBES without the posters in them, so in concept, when the posters arrived- you would receive a poster for every tube.

Well- it sounded good, real good- once I saw the pace of the 2 merch people... good old Minnesotian's...... thought it was great until the posters arrived and you realized that not every person in line was as honest as they should have been.

They sold about 25 tubes I would guess- 2 per person, lots of tubes- kind of hard to keep track of 25 people waiving tubes wanting the posters they paid for, along with selling new tubes to other folks at the same time!!!

I watched and knew there would be trouble- for the most part everybody was honest- for the most part.

Morals of the story here: Have vines/lines and no tube presales :lol:
...i was there too! we HAD to have rubbed elbows! i was behind the girls in the front of the pack...who DEMANDED they get their pre-sale-tubes marked with #1, etc. so they could be first to get the posters when they came! i also helped 3 of them roll thier posters to put in their tubes! i HATE when people get a sweet poster and then straight-up mangle the thing putting it into the tube!

g69p...i take it you heard the "frank" rumblings at that poster line, or lack of a line! "where's frank?"

bottom line...i was RIGHT there with you!
jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:49 pm

kramer73 wrote:
jimmyhoops wrote:Since when did DMB fans become hoopers? Looks like an SCI rip off. Methane totally sucks, IMO. Methane needs to go find some originality.
tell us how you really feel?

Methane has been doing some pretty good prints for the last couple of years.

Yeah, I'm a good artist too, when I rip off my ideas from others and pass them off as my own. :hanging:
~JimmyHoops...Widespread Panic and Grateful Dead Poster Fanatic!
Danno1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Damn I think Methane has put out their best stuff yet with the DMB this year. This print probably being the best.

Newbie question but who is the "SCI" in reference too?
stay thirsty my friends
scattergood
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Danno1 wrote:Damn I think Methane has put out their best stuff yet with the DMB this year. This print probably being the best.

Newbie question but who is the "SCI" in reference too?
String Cheese Incident
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may very well be another profound truth. Niels Bohr
scattergood
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 pm

If anyone has additional pics please upload
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may very well be another profound truth. Niels Bohr
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 am

I really don't get this hula to SCI relationship and being ripped off

Hula girls orginally came from the Grateful Dead, not SCI

If were going to bash the print with hippie folklore at least get it right.

To say that anybody owns the hula girl image is narrow minded- it fit the festival perfect to which DMB was playing.
heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 am

Am I the only person who thinks Miss Saigon when they see this print?

jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
Danno1
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 pm

scattergood wrote:If anyone has additional pics please upload

I have added some, though I am no photographer by any means.
stay thirsty my friends