Self Destructive 09 Soto

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mbarney
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:23 am

MODS please fix to include the tiny showcase edition in the item listing
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:16 am

lukin321 wrote:my first tiny showcase print :pint:
+1 :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 am

Pretty sure TS prints aren't signed. :?

Listing says this is.
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am

its a run of 300 now
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am

What happened? Where is that info Otto?
T.K.C.
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:43 am

ChefFerrari wrote:From Jeff
Thanks to all who purchased my print yesterday from Tiny Showcase. Apparently, it was a record breaking night at TS and my print sold out in minutes! I guess it made some problems too...

I was told it lagged their server pretty bad and there was a problem with Paypal- from what I understand the print isn't reduced from the total edition until the transaction is complete, so sometimes with a fast selling print, people will add the last print at the same time and then they can ALL buy the last print, as they are all doing it at the same time. Basically what happened is the print somehow oversold by 100 in the one or two minutes it was available. They are not sure if it was a glitch in the Paypal system or what, but there were 300 sold plus or minus a few.

So I had to make a tough decision- have TS refund payment to 100 of my fans, or make the print an edition of 300 to ensure everyone gets one? I thought about it all night, and I think the best thing to do is make it a larger edition ensuring no one's disappointed. To those who are bummed about buying a larger edition, let TS know and they can refund your money- there are still many who did not get one. I'd like to do another print with Tiny Showcase, and we will come up with a better system to keep the numbers accurate from the get go.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support, I feel the love from you guys. Sorry for the glitch, and let me know your thoughts...
heres the 411.
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 am

Yea...I should have done a little research before I asked..

I just checked the tinyshowcase site and after I saw your comment I went to Jeff's blog and saw what he said.

Personally, I think this does not affect the print at all. This will be one of the most desirable Tiny prints in the last year or so.
T.K.C.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 am

8 people own the original :shock: :lol:
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:15 am

s_k_y wrote:8 people own the original :shock: :lol:
:lol: lucky bastards!
jb5723
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 am

ottoisblotto2 wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:From Jeff
Thanks to all who purchased my print yesterday from Tiny Showcase. Apparently, it was a record breaking night at TS and my print sold out in minutes! I guess it made some problems too...

I was told it lagged their server pretty bad and there was a problem with Paypal- from what I understand the print isn't reduced from the total edition until the transaction is complete, so sometimes with a fast selling print, people will add the last print at the same time and then they can ALL buy the last print, as they are all doing it at the same time. Basically what happened is the print somehow oversold by 100 in the one or two minutes it was available. They are not sure if it was a glitch in the Paypal system or what, but there were 300 sold plus or minus a few.

So I had to make a tough decision- have TS refund payment to 100 of my fans, or make the print an edition of 300 to ensure everyone gets one? I thought about it all night, and I think the best thing to do is make it a larger edition ensuring no one's disappointed. To those who are bummed about buying a larger edition, let TS know and they can refund your money- there are still many who did not get one. I'd like to do another print with Tiny Showcase, and we will come up with a better system to keep the numbers accurate from the get go.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support, I feel the love from you guys. Sorry for the glitch, and let me know your thoughts...
heres the 411.
:clap: That is ausome, Thank you Jeff!!!!
inkblots
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:34 pm

First one from tiny showcase too. Lookin forward to getting it.
With great mustache, come great responsibilities.
sullencolin
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 pm

same here, glad to finally have some Soto in the collection. Is someone going to add this print to the database?
forbin99
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 pm

got it today. it's sweet. came with a little certificate of authenticity thingy too
dr_flie
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:41 pm

forbin99 wrote:got it today. it's sweet. came with a little certificate of authenticity thingy too
Signed?(if so..front or back?)
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:57 am

dr_flie wrote:Signed?(if so..front or back?)
numbered on the back, no signature.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.