Jimi 09 Choe

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8373
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:59 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:he should make it an open edition of small offsets on glossy paper. for $10. but only available in malls.

:lol:

now youre thinking.....

I just wish I was one of the lucky 27.

Who does he think he is, Deuce7? A run of 50 would have been nice, although I probably still wouldnt have been quick enough.
Image
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Hope Kellum doesn't print up a number 27

so which is better? screen print? giclee?
User avatar
Stingers
Art Expert
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: London : England

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:43 am

mattlew69 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:he should make it an open edition of small offsets on glossy paper. for $10. but only available in malls.

:lol:

now youre thinking.....

I just wish I was one of the lucky 27.

Who does he think he is, Deuce7? A run of 50 would have been nice, although I probably still wouldnt have been quick enough.

Lucky 19 ;)

Turns out I got lucky , I'd emailed asking about postage and packaging to the U.K and I got an email back pretty much straight away saying congratulations and I have one reserved !
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 am

Stingers wrote:
mattlew69 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:he should make it an open edition of small offsets on glossy paper. for $10. but only available in malls.

:lol:

now youre thinking.....

I just wish I was one of the lucky 27.

Who does he think he is, Deuce7? A run of 50 would have been nice, although I probably still wouldnt have been quick enough.

Lucky 19 ;)

Turns out I got lucky , I'd emailed asking about postage and packaging to the U.K and I got an email back pretty much straight away saying congratulations and I have one reserved !

so you gonna buy it? nice score dude...
User avatar
Stingers
Art Expert
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: London : England

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:56 am

Yeah , well not me . I need to sell stuff as it is . My Dad is a huge Hendrix fan too and he's gonna have it :D
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19930
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 am

this thing is awesome, but it would cost you as much to frame it as the cost of the piece.

I don't know, some of the giclees I've seen from artminion or some of those kawasaki's are pretty nice. I guess silkscreens have a handmade appeal, but something like this would be better as a giclee than silkscreened. The choe obama's were really nice, a fine job by bona. but, if you've seen the original obama painting.........a lot of the background detail is lost.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Incredible piece. I was a tad late with my email. drymountin work. Ah well. I think the run of 27 is perfect considering he died at 27.
decker3984
Art Expert
Posts: 3670
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 am

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:39 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:I think the run of 27 is perfect considering he died at 27.
Good point! Probably not a coincidence.
Image
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8373
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 pm

decker3984 wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:I think the run of 27 is perfect considering he died at 27.
Good point! Probably not a coincidence.
didnt even think of that. even with 27 club coming out. :oops:
Image
heavyconsumer
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 am

http://davechoe.blogspot.com/


"My fellow left handed bro died when he was only 27 years old. This extremely limited print is of the legend jimi hendrix, in all his glory and inspired madness, there will only be 27 editions of this giclee’ print, at $600 plus shipping, all signed numbered, and left handed guitar drawn on some of the prints, I already gave 8 of them away to friends and family, so really there’s only 19 left."
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 pm

AOTW! Vote now....
User avatar
Stroma
Art Expert
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:11 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:AOTW! Vote now....
You're not the boss of me...

:)
Have you ever tasted skin?
mutant
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 am

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Beautiful Choe piece. Arguably one of the best Hendrix portrait out there. If you have a second thought about your purchase, please let me know. Thanks.

I hope Choe will continue cranking out stuff at this level. Pure talent and emotion!
User avatar
kyle
Art Expert
Posts: 7090
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 am
Location: HumanHorkeyHelmet

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:49 pm

i'm glad i don't like this and i'm not afraid to say it.

can i start being really negative around here ?

is that okay with everyone ?
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
GR8Dane
Art Expert
Posts: 8334
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:00 am
Location: The Mothership

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:58 pm

kyle wrote:i'm glad i don't like this and i'm not afraid to say it.

can i start being really negative around here ?

is that okay with everyone ?

Word. You are entitled!

Kinda weird, but I don't see much of Choe's stuff I like.... but I love this.
Post Reply