Jimi 09 Choe

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129677
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:37 am

New image Jimi 09 Choe
David signing

Image
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:08 am

:drool:
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19947
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 am

look how drymounting big that thing is.......geezeus.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:39 am

I hope he gets a little wild when he doddles. Since he is signed or doodling int he pic, I guess these whould be shipping soon. Looks like Bobby was on point with his 3 week til they ship statement. Its been 15-16 days since I paid. I'm hoping this arrives before I hit the road.

I asked Bobby if these would be shipped flat, but they will be rolled and shipped in thick 5" tubes. It was kind of a dumb question I guess b/c of its size, but I really wanted to know, since any choe print I have ordered before has been shipped flat.

Great work Bobby and David!!!
kingofprussia
Art Expert
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:00 am
Contact:

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:46 am

shipping flat?? that's a good one.
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:49 am

kingofprussia wrote:shipping flat?? that's a good one.
yeah, right? :lol:

but you never know. they could have used cardboard and plywood and got it done. a lot of fine art dealers wont ship giclees rolled, so I had to ask.

i also had some other good questions about printing. Bobby is a total master printer and it was nice of him to share the info he did with me. Imagine the size of that printer?
User avatar
choke
Art Expert
Posts: 5143
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:16 am

fluffhead13 wrote:I hope he gets a little wild when he doddles. Since he is signed or doodling int he pic, I guess these whould be shipping soon. Looks like Bobby was on point with his 3 week til they ship statement. Its been 15-16 days since I paid. I'm hoping this arrives before I hit the road.

I asked Bobby if these would be shipped flat, but they will be rolled and shipped in thick 5" tubes. It was kind of a dumb question I guess b/c of its size, but I really wanted to know, since any choe print I have ordered before has been shipped flat.

Great work Bobby and David!!!
Mine's arriving tomorrow. Shipped Express yesterday.

Rolled and recommended not to be removed from the tube until taken to a framer. Gonna be hard to resist opening this bad boy open before then, but I don't trust myself.
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 am

Thats awesome! Yeah, its gonna be ssuper tuch not taking it out, but I wont. I will want to know if my print has a doodle.

Choke, you're the man bro. If there was a trophy for best print buyer, you would get a supersized one. you're a serious pro at this stuff. feel free to PM me to chat if you like.

man its gonna be hard not to peak at this print. i dont have a portfolio for a print this big. I have one for a print half this size, lol, but I'd still like to take it out and mak sure its condition is perfect. I should go talk to my framer about this today and get him prepared.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:14 am

I just hope they make the trip safe and sound.... But we're not to suppose to take this out of the tube till framing? What if it's all jacked up? Print of the year imo
User avatar
choke
Art Expert
Posts: 5143
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:27 am

"It's best to not unroll it untill a framer is ready to frame it. I made little pull tabs so that the handler won't actually have to touch the print when he pulls it out of the tube. The tabs are taped onto a sleeve which is then taped onto the glassine paper."

From Bobby



Sounds like pretty great packaging. And I was wrong, mine will be here today!
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am

choke wrote:"It's best to not unroll it untill a framer is ready to frame it. I made little pull tabs so that the handler won't actually have to touch the print when he pulls it out of the tube. The tabs are taped onto a sleeve which is then taped onto the glassine paper."

From Bobby



Sounds like pretty great packaging. And I was wrong, mine will be here today!

awesome can't wait.... :clap:
User avatar
s_k_y
Art Expert
Posts: 2838
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:I just hope they make the trip safe and sound.... But we're not to suppose to take this out of the tube till framing? What if it's all jacked up? Print of the year imo

I would trust in them that they would inspect the entire run (only 27) to ensure all edges/corners are mint before putting in the tube.

So unless you see any tube damage, no reason to take it out.

Amazing print.
Browse my collection: http://www.lifeonwalls.net/store
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Not to say I would not have snatched this up immediately but I do feel that something is always lacking in Choe prints. Texture is SO important in his work and it's always lost in printing. I feel the same way about Conor Harrington prints.
gamma888
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 am
Location: cardboard shelter
Contact:

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Just received the tube minutes ago... I'm so tempted to open it! But I'll have to wait and see my framer about it. I think my framer's eyes are going to pop out once he sees this huge print.
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:51 pm

you guys must really trust your framers... let them take out your print?
Post Reply