Stairway to London 09 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 am

Subtle wrote:I passed...but I did get the first Stones print.

What I do not understand are the people who buy this for 100, plus shipping etc....and then turn around 5 minutes later and list it on ebay for 120?? Are they just mentally challenged or do they think they are making themselves money by doing this??
They're in it for the feedback
kangorillapig
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 am

How come they're standing in front of a Virgin plane? Bonzo was dead for four years before Branson started his airline. Dude needs to do some research.
naturevsscience
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:12 am

cardhawks wrote:would you rather spend that on a skateboarder print or this?
Neither. I'm all for brainwash but these basically one color prints of existing photos just aren't cutting it for me. And another thing, great paper does not make great art.

IMO :D
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:15 am

kangorillapig wrote:How come they're standing in front of a Virgin plane? Bonzo was dead for four years before Branson started his airline. Dude needs to do some research.
Does that mean Han Solo and Chewy did not pilot the Beatles around as well?

Virgin is the most recognizable British Airlines right now, so I think he kinda stretched things.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:34 am

ChefFerrari wrote:
kangorillapig wrote:How come they're standing in front of a Virgin plane? Bonzo was dead for four years before Branson started his airline. Dude needs to do some research.

Virgin is the most recognizable British Airlines right now, so I think he kinda stretched things.

and i doubt zeppelin would be flying commercially if virgin was around then aynway, he put that logo there on purpose
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 am

still amazed something called this could go out of business!
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
jsrep212
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 am

I have seen better from MBW.... And it's his better work that has more flipping value
The Dude abides...
sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 am

Why is MBW getting more hype than Ian MIllard. Dude is coming out with sick super limited edition custom art work for $100 and it still hasn't sold out. He blows Shepard and MBW out of the water. Ian's stuff is actually worth collecting and putting on your walls, not just flipping. I flip OBEY to get buy stuff like this for no cost to me.

http://www.iansprints.com/available-art.php
kangorillapig
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 am

schmoff wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:

and i doubt zeppelin would be flying commercially if virgin was around then aynway, he put that logo there on purpose
If he put it there just because it's British, it's all the more weak. Print Mafia do WAAAAY better prints of musicians for a lot less dough.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 am

kangorillapig wrote:
schmoff wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:

If he put it there just because it's British, it's all the more weak. Print Mafia do WAAAAY better prints of musicians for a lot less dough.

if you look closely bonham has a spray paint can in his hand, maybe he tagged the plane with the virgin logo
dangerboy
Flipper

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 am

kangorillapig wrote:
schmoff wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:

ahahaha have you actually seen a brainwash in person? sorry, those print mafia's are weak sauce compared to these.

if you would rather have those, why don't you go post in those threads and stop ragging on what other people like.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
Subtle
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 am

derek wrote:
johnr1311 wrote:
Subtle wrote:I passed...but I did get the first Stones print.

What I do not understand are the people who buy this for 100, plus shipping etc....and then turn around 5 minutes later and list it on ebay for 120?? Are they just mentally challenged or do they think they are making themselves money by doing this??
I don't do this by any means, but a 20% return is better than most investments out there. I know my High Yield savings only makes me 1.75% right now. :D

Yeah...but when you factor in the cost of shipping and tax, the print ends up costing 120 atleast, then you have to factor in the Ebay fees which would end up being around 8-10, and then of course paypal fees which would be another 7 or so....I just don't get it.

And Chef, you really think people do this for feedback? Why not sell items that cost a penny, and cost 44 cents to ship....that seems like a smarter way to earn feedback quickly...
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 am

the sliding quality scale:

millard
mbw
fairey
pm
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
BWarn
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 am

cardhawks wrote:hey, great....

now that a bunch of MBW haters have checked in with their opinions ....let's get real here.

It's Led Zeppelin :shock: , it's gonna be on some best paper that exists, it's a limited run, it's drymounting thickass paper (did I mention that already)!!!

oh, boohoo it's $100

would you rather spend that on a skateboarder print or this?
I got really excited when the email came from brainwash indicating a Led Zeppelin print, but it just wasn't quite up to the other London prints. Hopefully there will be one more Zep print on the way that has a little more going for it like the Beatles print did.

and to those who want to compare Print Mafia quality to Brainwash are out of their heads.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 am

I've got a full 2008 PM sub for sale...no way I'm getting what I paid for it though.