Phish East Troy II 09 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
timothyripley
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 am

These are amazing pollocks IMO. He is making great work with Phish this year.
drock
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:59 am

yeah, sorry taper there will be no tickets for you!!!! hope you make a lot of money on those posters you got from alpine, looks like the selling price is going down, better sell quickly.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:41 am

ok, so they limited the prints to ONE a person which is how it should be.

But after they sold out, we saw a crew holding a green recycling bag FULL of prints. there had to be AT LEAST 30 prints in the bag. they kept going back in line and buying more and more. im sure they are all on ebay right now or will be soon at least. it was drymounting pathetic and i hope karma gets these scumbags.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 am

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/omalley1030

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/noslom26

here are two people who kept getting more. pretty soon an account is going to show up that seriously has 30 of the 6-21's on there..
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:56 am

thanks soam24 for letting us know that people buy a bunch of extras at these shows.

Hey, does anyone know if all 1000 were sold at the shows, sure some were given to band and friends. seemed like they had no posters less than 100, maybe not...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:54 am

drock wrote:yeah, sorry taper there will be no tickets for you!!!! hope you make a lot of money on those posters you got from alpine, looks like the selling price is going down, better sell quickly.
peace and love
yikes drock, I'll show you my prints when I get back, i'm not selling my alpine pollocks, may trade them down the line for an emek... I'm sorry my brother and buddy that you know who drove out from denver don't want to sell at face... I'm keeping mine...
peace and love!
haven
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 am

timothyripley wrote:These are amazing pollocks IMO. He is making great work with Phish this year.
I was really impressed seeing these in the flesh.
AceO
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:02 am

recycler wrote:In person they both look real similar. However, I think the 1st night is a little better, I like the fish, I like how there is not a lot of dead space, and I am definitely not a fan of promoting any sort of cheesehead!

Agreed......was not sure what my reasoning was until I read your post....but it is definately the cheese.....I HATE CHEESEHEADS!
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm

AceO wrote:
recycler wrote:In person they both look real similar. However, I think the 1st night is a little better, I like the fish, I like how there is not a lot of dead space, and I am definitely not a fan of promoting any sort of cheesehead!

Agreed......was not sure what my reasoning was until I read your post....but it is definately the cheese.....I HATE CHEESEHEADS!

Are you guys FIBs?? Maybe you should stay out of WI.
:D :pint:
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Yea I don't like cheese heads myself, but I bought TWO prints for the first night. And I set up a trade with a local chicago guy from E.beans for night two to complete my set.

my friends girl scored an AP the first night.

I wonder how many of those were in the run.

At first she was pissed that it wasnt #'d then I told her that AP is better than having a number and then she soon chilled out, I was gonna say "well I give you mine, but I knew she'd do her research and figure out what AP meant"
Common sense, is not that common
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:45 pm

T-Dub13 wrote:
AceO wrote:

Are you guys FIBs?? Maybe you should stay out of WI.
:D :pint:
no, prob. just Viking fans. Or Bears fans.
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:52 pm

listened to the alpine shows, those guys are drymounting tight right now!
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:15 pm

pjtaper wrote:listened to the alpine shows, those guys are drymounting tight right now!
understatement!
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 pm

1st nite of alpine was FANTASTIC... havent see ANYTHING like that in a long long time.

felt great to hear/see IT again.
Common sense, is not that common
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:47 pm

ottoisblotto2 wrote:
pjtaper wrote:listened to the alpine shows, those guys are drymounting tight right now!
understatement!
totally! Glad I hit the last 4 shows on a last minute decision.

I am so used to the laid back tour closers, which have generally been summaries/highlight/heavily played songs of the tour, but this year (and the first time ever I know of), it was the bust out show. We all knew it was on with that Brother opener. Some seriously sick jamming. 6/21 was one of the best Phish shows I have seen in the past 8-9 years.

It was good to meet u pjtaper. Take care buddy and see u in red rocks.

How about all those free tickets for those last 4 shows?? crazy man. you could have found as many free lawn tix u wanted for the last 4 shows. there was a pile of extra tickets on Sunday near the venue entrance which never got used. similar story for starlake and 6/2.