Aung San Suu Kyi 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 pm

ipath2003 wrote:
Catarax wrote:
AKBAPE wrote: This is the exact problem with modern day capitalism. People think that it's moral to make money off of nothing. Sitting at your computer for 20 minutes pressing f5 doesn't do one thing for anyone other than yourself. Your not making anything, your not doing ANYTHING. Oh well.

it's funny you would say that, since I offered to buy your Chocolate Vandal for the price you listed it for a month ago ($230) and never recieved a response even though it was read.. and then to see you sold it for more today... i guess that's capitalism for ya.. holding out, not doing anything to make money off of nothing...

:shock:

I have said multiple times that I don't mind flipping. All I'm saying is that I think there is a difference between this print and others. I have every single DOH from flippers and didn't mind buying them. Same with Israel/Palestine. This, to me, is different. If I don't get this or if I do I will donate extra money to this completely righteous cause. The Mr. Brainwash cause, not so much.
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:13 pm

lazk wrote:
AKBAPE wrote:This is the exact problem with modern day capitalism. People think that it's moral to make money off of nothing. Sitting at your computer for 20 minutes pressing f5 doesn't do one thing for anyone other than yourself. Your not making anything, your not doing ANYTHING. Oh well.
This is the funniest "message" I have seen in awhile. You have a large agenda and probably need to get started immediately. It will take you awhile to change the moral dilemma of society. I would start with the handouts by the U.S. Government Welfare System. There are plenty who make money "off of nothing". Tell me how that works out......

Your right. My post was incorrectly worded. I don't think that it's immoral necessarily to flip. On the contrary a lot of these artists would not be in the privileged places they are without flippers feeding people's desire to own their work (#1 example is Shep). That said, I think there is a difference between this piece and others. This piece is meant to be distributed, seen, and support a good cause.
choke
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Isnt that what pasters and free printouts from a computer would be good for? Even the people who believe strongly in the cause and want this print badly probably arent going to choose their signed and #d copy to tack it up on a fencepost outside their house.
yngvie16
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:29 pm

GO MANNY !!
taylorehill
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 pm

If I actually get this order (and there's no promise of that) there's no way in hell I am flipping it. I'll buy a "Defiant Youth" and save it to trade with cash for a DOH1 or Sunsets at some point, or to sell and put the cash towards owning sunsets, but no way in hell do I trade this one. Not because it's immoral, but because the poster is awesome. I doubt Suu Kyi cares about whether you flip it.
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:58 pm

get that dude a print quick..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 pm

gonna suck for flippers with an open edition offset now available.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 pm

hey I think I just figured out a lyric that's been bugging me for years....

"Dirty Frank Dahmer he's a gourmet cook yeah...got a recipe for Aung San Suu Kyi yeah...." :pint:
:D
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 pm

5150 wrote:gonna suck for flippers with an open edition offset now available.

Really it does not affect the 18x24 Signed/Number Screenprint. Just my opinion.
T.K.C.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 pm

lazk wrote:

agreed :wink:
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 pm

lazk wrote:

I think that depends on the image/content. I think the market for some of the most recent prints is saturated with flippers more so than people who love the art. The open edition aspect is going to hurt the flippers on this. Well maybe not hurt as they'll make a couple of bucks, but not nearly what some are probably expecting.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 pm

lazk wrote:

Maybe not but the fact that there are at least 25 of them on already ebay does, look what happened to Defiant Youth
mmmm Beer :pint:
flyinwhole313
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 am

tlh1005 wrote:
lazk wrote:

I think that depends on the image/content. I think the market for some of the most recent prints is saturated with flippers more so than people who love the art. The open edition aspect is going to hurt the flippers on this. Well maybe not hurt as they'll make a couple of bucks, but not nearly what some are probably expecting.
Yeah, just look at the contrast between wanted and for sale for this print... :lol:
lazk
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:02 am

I completely understand about the overnight flippers but they are donkeys and put every print they get from Obey on Ebay. I am talking more along the line of the value of the prints in 4-6 months.
T.K.C.