Phish Knoxville 09 Hatch

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
layla1234
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Any stated print runs...even tho it's not signed or numbered. At Mansfield they weren't signed or #'ed but said there were 660 made..
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12765
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm

For the record, my "sucks" comment above was just me being a smart ass that can't pass up a softball like that one. I too appreciate the labor and talent it takes to create anything. I can't create a decent fudge.
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Like someone said....

There were PLENTY left....

I did not see many people interested...
T.K.C.
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4700
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 pm

i was unaware of the process - still no change of mind however
User avatar
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Mars

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:36 pm

show was sick as hell. Knoxville is one cool mofro town! Second set Reba!
Undermind was the song of the nite. Thats my half pence
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:52 pm

ottoisblotto2 wrote:show was sick as hell. Knoxville is one cool mofro town! Second set Reba!
Undermind was the song of the nite. Thats my half pence
I love Undermind. It was MIke's favorite new groove in Hampton 09 (Relix mag interview). That groove rules!!

Glad you had a great time Ottis!
User avatar
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Mars

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:55 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
ottoisblotto2 wrote:show was sick as hell. Knoxville is one cool mofro town! Second set Reba!
Undermind was the song of the nite. Thats my half pence
I love Undermind. It was MIke's favorite new groove in Hampton 09 (Relix mag interview). That groove rules!!

Glad you had a great time Ottis!
just a warmup for tuesday. Anyshow that starts with Jim/ PYITE is gonna be stellar.
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
User avatar
hainshead
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 pm

No surprise that there are negative comments here in the age of computer art and cut and paste. I think you have to understand the philosophy of Hatch to appreciate their designs. They are by no means as impressive as a lot of contemporary artists out here when it comes to art. It's how they work that separates them from the rest. I am impressed that Phish used them frankly. They use the same block letters they have had since the company began way back when. For one of their big anniversaries they finally treated themselves to a new set of blocks. They are about as old school as any poster shop gets and a true American institution. Check out more here on Hatch today:
http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/s ... today.aspx
User avatar
fluffhead
Art Expert
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Rhode Island

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Im glad not to many folks like this, cheaper for me to pickup. I'm pretty stoked about a Hatch print for Phish and pleased I should be able to grab one for cost. Let me know if anyone has one to pass along
User avatar
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Mars

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 pm

peps is silly! this thing rocks! great colors. nice font. They smell great! They had printed em that day, so it was fun smelling the inks!
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
CleofusMcd3
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:33 pm

hainshead wrote:No surprise that there are negative comments here in the age of computer art and cut and paste...They are about as old school as any poster shop gets and a true American institution. Check out more here on Hatch today:
http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/s ... today.aspx
I love Hatch prints, one of the most identifiable and iconic print makers ever.

And I really like this one.

It's just nothing about that print is worth $50
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131128
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm

New image Phish Knoxville 09 Hatch


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131128
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm

New image Phish Knoxville 09 Hatch


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131128
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:40 pm

New image Phish Knoxville 09 Hatch


Image
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm

ottoisblotto2 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:
ottoisblotto2 wrote:show was sick as hell. Knoxville is one cool mofro town! Second set Reba!
Undermind was the song of the nite. Thats my half pence
I love Undermind. It was MIke's favorite new groove in Hampton 09 (Relix mag interview). That groove rules!!

Glad you had a great time Ottis!
just a warmup for tuesday. Anyshow that starts with Jim/ PYITE is gonna be stellar.

A lot of songs written by Mike in that KNox first set. I love nights like that. I go back and forth between Page and Mike.

Asheville had 3 consecutive songs written by Trey from notes he stole from Fishman's journal, so they both got credit technically.
Post Reply