Phish Camden 09 Status

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
beeger22884
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm

sp00f wrote:I picked one of these up around 7 - 7:15ish at the venue last night. The vendor had about a stack of twenty sitting there, mostly all of them with bent corners or some other imperfection. They are doing an awful job handling these prints. I asked him how they were selling and if he thought they would be here after the show. He goes "we have had a hard time selling these so we will have a ton". Regardless, I still bought one on the spot. I also stopped by after the show to check and they were sold out at that stand.
I got mine around that same time. I made the vendor go through about 5 or 6 of them before I found one in good shape (Then he proceeded to crease it while rolling it). Was lucky to find another one in good shape farther down the stack. They were terrible at handling the prints last night.
arodri70
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 pm

at Great Woods they let you roll your own print and put it in the tube....did they sell these outside of the venue too?
sp00f
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:26 pm

beeger22884 wrote:
sp00f wrote:I picked one of these up around 7 - 7:15ish at the venue last night. The vendor had about a stack of twenty sitting there, mostly all of them with bent corners or some other imperfection. They are doing an awful job handling these prints. I asked him how they were selling and if he thought they would be here after the show. He goes "we have had a hard time selling these so we will have a ton". Regardless, I still bought one on the spot. I also stopped by after the show to check and they were sold out at that stand.
I got mine around that same time. I made the vendor go through about 5 or 6 of them before I found one in good shape (Then he proceeded to crease it while rolling it). Was lucky to find another one in good shape farther down the stack. They were terrible at handling the prints last night.
I didn't leave him an option as I quickly took the print, rolled it myself and put it in the tube. The tubes are actually great though as they withstood my night of dancing on the lawn.
beeger22884
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm

sp00f wrote:I didn't leave him an option as I quickly took the print, rolled it myself and put it in the tube. The tubes are actually great though as they withstood my night of dancing on the lawn.

Thats what I did with the second one. He asked me if I wanted him to roll it again. Told him to put it down, take the money and back away. Agreed on the tubes, was back and forth between the seats and the lawn and it held up perfect.
antelope19

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm

I, for one, really like the poster. Thanks, Justin!
toadyfatz
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:46 pm

anyone got any actual pics?
beeger22884
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

toadyfatz wrote:anyone got any actual pics?
I can take some, but they would be camera phone pics, so not the best quality. I'm also not exactly sure how to upload pics to the site.
antsmarchn
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

I missed out at the show due to an issue a friend had before the show. Now I am stuck paying too much off of ebay.
gvonmetz
New User

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah this print is great. Definitely my favorite of the tour.

I was a little late getting to the show (went in about 1/2 an hour after doors opened), so I hastily made my way to the merchandise stand. I asked the person working behind the counter if they had any posters left; she looked at me like I was crazy, and pulled out an enormous stack of them. Very different from the Fenway scene.

I picked one up and was on the way to the lawn for what turned out to be an outstanding show.
akiva
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm

If there are any leftover from the show, will they make their way to the Phish website??
geelo

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm

geelo wrote:Were any of your posters numbered INSIDE the actual design?
On mine....whoever numbered them, penciled the numbers right under the Bridge - right in the center of the art!

I love the fact that the print is signed and numbered (UNLIKE GREAT WOODS), but why dose it have to be in the middle of the design? What's wrong with the edge of the poster like normal. A little disappointed about that, it's sort of distracting.

Thoughts?
gee_lo
StatusDesign wrote:Why be normal? :D
Because "normal" shows respect to the design and composition, by not conspicuously writing on it and detracting attention away form the art. Amazing work Justin, truly one of the best of the tour - but with all due respect I wish it wasn't written on - and could have easily of been numbered on the edge of the print.
fluffhead9141981
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:52 pm

i feel the same way about this print. i love the print but hate the numbering.
phunkgirl
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Love the print, particularly capturing the full moon of the night (thanks Justin!) but so confused by the numbering too but not so much of where it is but why it is that I have a numbered print without a signature. I've looked everywhere on the print trying to find a signature but there isn't one. I bought it right at the show and rolled it myself but never thought to look for it. Came to EB to see if they were supposed to have signatures and now seeing that others have them. Does anyone not have a signature on theirs?

Question about the position of the print and only asking as I'm wondering if this is why I don't have a signed one, my print goes practically to the very bottom of the paper with a little less than a centimeter of blank white paper, is this how everyone's is? Just curious, would have loved to have a signature though now that I see others do. Thanks!
beeger22884
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 pm

phunkgirl wrote:Love the print, particularly capturing the full moon of the night (thanks Justin!) but so confused by the numbering too but not so much of where it is but why it is that I have a numbered print without a signature. I've looked everywhere on the print trying to find a signature but there isn't one. I bought it right at the show and rolled it myself but never thought to look for it. Came to EB to see if they were supposed to have signatures and now seeing that others have them. Does anyone not have a signature on theirs?

Question about the position of the print and only asking as I'm wondering if this is why I don't have a signed one, my print goes practically to the very bottom of the paper with a little less than a centimeter of blank white paper, is this how everyone's is? Just curious, would have loved to have a signature though now that I see others do. Thanks!
The sig is on the bottom center of the print. It's really hard to see, but its there.
StatusDesign
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 pm

beeger22884 wrote:
phunkgirl wrote:Love the print, particularly capturing the full moon of the night (thanks Justin!) but so confused by the numbering too but not so much of where it is but why it is that I have a numbered print without a signature. I've looked everywhere on the print trying to find a signature but there isn't one. I bought it right at the show and rolled it myself but never thought to look for it. Came to EB to see if they were supposed to have signatures and now seeing that others have them. Does anyone not have a signature on theirs?

The sig is on the bottom center of the print. It's really hard to see, but its there.

Exactly why I put the number where it is....I wonder if doing things normal is as good? Im not normal. :D