Mogwai Chicago 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:34 pm

So it goes...
bootstrut
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Love this poster. Congrats on finding a bleed-free copy!
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:35 am

So when I took photos for THC this year I discovered the bleed on my Mogwai poster. I've never seen it before and it's saddening, such a great poster and I feel like it's ruined. Has Ben or Aaron ever addressed this issue? Since it's unlikely that they'll ever reprint these the only good idea I can think of is to have Horkey do one of his paintings over it, but those are expensive and I'm not sure he even has time for those anymore.
simianfever
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:20 am

Sorry to hear/see that. I think that is the worst case I have seen photos of. I wonder if how it is stored contributes, for instance if in a humid environment. Not sure how much if anything can be done.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:06 am

Yeah, that's a bad one. I'd drop the dream that you'll get a painted remarque at all, much less something big enough to cover that, based on the word on the street. It's depressing that so many of these could be ruined by what should have been a cool additional touch. I still don't have one, and they're apparently getting worse in the mean time :cry: .
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
TOTM
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:39 am

sschmotz wrote:So when I took photos for THC this year I discovered the bleed on my Mogwai poster. I've never seen it before and it's saddening, such a great poster and I feel like it's ruined. Has Ben or Aaron ever addressed this issue? Since it's unlikely that they'll ever reprint these the only good idea I can think of is to have Horkey do one of his paintings over it, but those are expensive and I'm not sure he even has time for those anymore.
sschmotz,

Yup, same thing here mate & go back a page... Most definitely get that thing outta storage & better yet, get that birdy framed up! Had the same problem & can't quite remember when it reversed either but let that paper breeeathe... That taint should dissipate from whence it came! On reflection since & still don't know, just guessing but when something comes in with foxing or mould, it's put it out in the sun for 30 mins or an hour to kill the nasties... Thinking something similar here, needs to be kept out in the open or at least on its own, storage/sandwiched between other paper is most likely causing this leech! Again, it will disappear completely, with no residue & as it once was man.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:07 am

I can't say for sure if that's true or not TOTM but I CAN say that mine has been framed since about 2007 and shows no signs of bleed so there's definitely something to be said for NOT storing these in a flat file.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
TOTM
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:09 am

BELIEVE brother! Free the birdy...

Last edited by TOTM on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:20 am

slap a sticker on that fudge yo
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
bootstrut
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:20 am

Damn, sorry to see that sschmotz. Such a shame to have a mint copy turn bad :cry:

I think I'll be checking on mine later today...
TOTM
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:40 am

jojobadass wrote:slap a sticker on that fudge yo
Ja! Or mebbe a few o those new fangled pins them kids like huh?
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:47 pm

I've got one with a massive bleed on it and then a second copy with no stamp. The paper on these is kind of thin so I think that contributes to the bleed as well. Unfortunately is what it is. You can always give it the TOTM treatment and see what happens.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
theperfecttree
EB Team

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I hope the person that bought the copy for $600 on ebay asked for pictures. if you're reading this send me a PM, I can maybe help with something.
automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:01 am

New image Mogwai Chicago 06 Burlesque
Framed by Furthur Frames In Denver