Mogwai Chicago 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 am

Ok, so the Horkey Mini Masterpieces and his fantastic Agalloch print pushed me over the edge: I caved and jumped on the opportunity to own a very old ISO: MOGWAI 06

:clap:

Man, I am sooo looking forward to get this beauty delivered (and pray to all postal and custom gods, that their minions will leave their smudgy fingers out of my tube :wink: )
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 am

Congrats... you will not be disappointed. As I was driving to work today, a huge barn owl flew right in front of me almost hitting the windshield. Luckily it just passed over the top of the car. I would have been pissed if I ended up hitting it. Such beautiful creatures.
KyleLindgren
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:28 am

I don't think the last one sold should be counted as it is a scratch and dent sale.....
AZKemp
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm

there was one sold on 9/4/06 not signed or numbered that shouldn't be counted either.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 pm

so i just got his print, its pretty amazing...yes, i won it in a giveaway, rest assured, i will certainly never sell it.

but, after reading this whole thread to learn more about it im wondering if anyone else has the same defect as me? it seems this was a pretty rough run?

as far as i know, my copy is one of the unsigned, unnumbered "PROMO" copies that were recently sold. my copy is also NOT marked scratch and dent anywhere on the poster.

does anyone else have the BURLESQUE DESIGN on the front of their poster? it seems that they stacked the posters before letting the stamps dry on the reverse sides...even in my crappy iphone pics its visible....regardless, its a sick gig poster and im certainly not complaining about it...just curious if this is a common defect or not.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm guessing here.... but that is why they did not make the cut, and were distributed for promo purposes. They were meant to be tacked up on walls, hence the price. The signed and numbered run should not have any issues.
sabotage
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Mine is s/n and does not have that problem.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am

GR8Dane wrote:I'm guessing here.... but that is why they did not make the cut, and were distributed for promo purposes. They were meant to be tacked up on walls, hence the price. The signed and numbered run should not have any issues.
I grabbed a promo and it's pretty much minty, so it was probably hit-or-miss when it came to the wet stamps. Not bad for a freebie, SG :twisted:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:47 am

comountaingolf wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:I'm guessing here.... but that is why they did not make the cut, and were distributed for promo purposes. They were meant to be tacked up on walls, hence the price. The signed and numbered run should not have any issues.
I grabbed a promo and it's pretty much minty, so it was probably hit-or-miss when it came to the wet stamps. Not bad for a freebie, SG :twisted:
Aaron has really high standards..... It could be a real minor flaw that doesn't make the cut....
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 am

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Let me say that it's 'promo minty' and as good as could be expected for being shipped media mail in a 2" tube with no craft paper. Oh, and it was only $15 so I still owe 'Deads cocktails if he ever ends up in Newport Beach :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:54 am

Ya and props to claydy. Dude hooked you up and you're wondering about the printing. Wasn't it free after shipping?
Same fudge, different drop.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:11 am

gonzo303 wrote:Ya and props to claydy. Dude hooked you up and you're wondering about the printing. Wasn't it free after shipping?
Is that how you refer to yourself in the third person ?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:17 am

ChefFerrari wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:Ya and props to claydy. Dude hooked you up and you're wondering about the printing. Wasn't it free after shipping?
Is that how you refer to yourself in the third person ?
Bladerunner.

If you'd like to go further that's fine.

My friend gave it away and lost money, you on the other hand tried to make 800.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:02 am

What's this little tiff all about?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 am

It's just Gary being pissed that something was given away free and not to him like the bladerunner he was given by Tim. Profit Gary, profit.

Or are you upset your IB Stout sold you isn't worth 899 yet?