AOR 2.24 Grateful Dead Aoxomoxoa SF 69 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:33 am

SteveMahoney
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:28 pm

:D
One of the Holy Grails of Poster Art surely?

Steve
If I Went To Flatstock,I would be Flat Broke.
One Day I will Get There
ryan_1969

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:14 pm

are any of these silkscreens?
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:15 pm

Four printings, but no silk screens.
ryan_1969

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:23 pm

norbyjake wrote:Four printings, but no silk screens.
i thought so. someone has it listed as a silk screen. :lol:
macc5
EB Team

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:49 am

funny as all the European versions seem to have the same dogear in the lower left corner.

My current copy has it and one I had previously had it..

there is on ebay now that has it...
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:31 am

macc5 wrote:funny as all the European versions seem to have the same dogear in the lower left corner.

I was curious so I pulled mine out of a flat file and neither one have a dog ear.
Perhaps the dog eared ones are from an individual stack that got bumped?
macc5
EB Team

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:30 pm

wandering-gypsy wrote:
macc5 wrote:funny as all the European versions seem to have the same dogear in the lower left corner.

I was curious so I pulled mine out of a flat file and neither one have a dog ear.
Perhaps the dog eared ones are from an individual stack that got bumped?
Hmm could be I guess. Strange as I have seen 3 now with the same dogear...
billthebassist
Art Expert

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:39 am

I was just checking out my poster the other day and it's almost a shame he didn't include those bookended smoking urns (or whatever they are) that are on the album cover. You can see them on this page:

http://www.rickgriffinink.com/gallery.php

This image is still one of my all time favs. Anybody cover up half of the lettering to "see" the supposed hidden message? "We Ate the Acid"

Griffin = GoddoG
ryan_1969

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 am

that's the album promo version. you're right, pretty cool. that one doesn't pop up very often. i'll take any version.
patrickpjfan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:43 am

Awesome looking upclose even if its not a real one.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/ ... tin001.jpg
macdeni1
New User

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:00 am

I have a 1st prinitng of this exact poster thats been in my house since 1969. Living all my life in San Francisco I bought this in the Haight. It is in mint condition with no creasing and no fadeing whatsoever. I am currently looking for a buyer of this magnificent poster. If anyone is serious about purchasing this I can be contacted @ macdeni1@yahoo.com
itsdug
Art Expert

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 am

macdeni1 wrote:I have a 1st prinitng of this exact poster thats been in my house since 1969. Living all my life in San Francisco I bought this in the Haight. It is in mint condition with no creasing and no fadeing whatsoever. I am currently looking for a buyer of this magnificent poster. If anyone is serious about purchasing this I can be contacted @ macdeni1@yahoo.com
welcome to EB!
no comment ®
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 am

macdeni1 wrote:I have a 1st prinitng of this exact poster thats been in my house since 1969. Living all my life in San Francisco I bought this in the Haight. It is in mint condition with no creasing and no fadeing whatsoever. I am currently looking for a buyer of this magnificent poster. If anyone is serious about purchasing this I can be contacted @ macdeni1@yahoo.com
Welcome to EB. Just a heads up, you should start your own for sale thread as you posted this in the art comments for this particular print . If you are looking to sell something post a price so members know what you are looking for, this is not ebay. Also it's extremely helpful to post some detailed pictures of the actual print you are trying to sell. And most members will think twice about buying from an extremely new member such as yourself without more info, especially someone that has not donated to the site.

Hope that helps. :pint:
DaFatGuy
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 7:51 pm

I bought a 5 3/4 X 7 handbill edition of the 1982 reprint the listing stated the following:

"This classic Griffin handbill was printed along with the Jose's late night printing of the poster in 1982. It advertises a concert for the Grateful Dead, Sons of Champlin & Initial Shock at the Avalon Ballroom in 1969. A classic masterpiece 5 3/4" X 7" on coated card stock with bright rich colors and in Near Mint Condition(no flaws). "

Anyone have any more info?

Later