Flight of the Conchords Los Angeles 09 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I really really really like the variant :wink:
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Mapman wrote:Purple/Pink version only for sale via BONA, variant is for BONA subs and NOT for sale.

Guess I'll pass on this, while I think the detail is awesome the purple/pink color choices makes my eyes hurt. :(
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2009 11:58 pm

eric_scott wrote:Obviously, I prefer to buy posters for as cheap as I can get them. However, when you have 10 people instantly sell their posters on eBay for twice the price, the artist has no choice but to raise the price. Considering the quality of Horkey prints, the price is a pittance to what you have to pay for fine art serigraphs.
I think the price is high for such a large run, because the band/show (whatever you want to call them) is much bigger than the typical band Horkey makes posters for. Without such a big band the poster run would not sell out for a long time.
I think most of the other tour posters for Flight of the Conchords this year were in the $30-40 price range.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
chong138

Wed May 27, 2009 12:37 am

I'm newer than most of you at print collecting. Can someone explain to me how people go about getting ahold of the variants to begin with? I'm not talking off ebay....but how do they get them straight from the artist/printer?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 am

Ask them if they're selling them, then pay what they ask.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed May 27, 2009 1:57 pm

chong138 wrote:I'm newer than most of you at print collecting. Can someone explain to me how people go about getting ahold of the variants to begin with? I'm not talking off ebay....but how do they get them straight from the artist/printer?
mistersmith wrote:Ask them if they're selling them, then pay what they ask.
Sometimes Burlesque sells rare/variant edition stuff right before Flatstock to cover their expenses, and they often have a few rarities to sell at Flatstock ta'boot. Next one is in Chicago in July at Pitchfork.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2009 2:52 pm

these go on sale tomorrow 2 pm cst. 60 bones. do they keep raising their prices or is it me? does seem to keep the horkey flipper market at bay.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2009 2:59 pm

kingofprussia wrote:these go on sale tomorrow 2 pm cst. 60 bones. do they keep raising their prices or is it me? does seem to keep the horkey flipper market at bay.
I don't know that they're "raising" the price. It seems to fluxuate within a range, probably based on the perceived popularity of the print. From the EB pages...

Init 09 - $50
Grails - $45
Big Brain - $50
Boris 08 - $60
Cable 1 - $55
Cable 2 - $55
Genghis Tron - $60
Init 08 - $50
Boris 07 - $50
Converge 07 - 50

so yeah, flight is on the high end of the scale but not overly excessive IMO.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2009 3:47 pm

:( I just noticed the website advertising on this poster. I am NOT a big fan of that. Probably won't keep me from buying it but it's not a positive step IMO.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Wed May 27, 2009 3:48 pm

greenhorn1 wrote::( I just noticed the website advertising on this poster. I am NOT a big fan of that. Probably won't keep me from buying it but it's not a positive step IMO.
At least it's relatively small.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed May 27, 2009 4:00 pm

machination wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote::( I just noticed the website advertising on this poster. I am NOT a big fan of that. Probably won't keep me from buying it but it's not a positive step IMO.
At least it's relatively small.
Meh, it's a show poster. These things are supposed to be up in store windows and telephone poles, for a gigposter the artist/design studio needs to get credit. Otherwise, you'd have to be able to read the sig, if there is one, or find the copyright info and decide to google.

Now, hopefully there'll be a big crazy Horkey art print this year. That should be a different story.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Bandit420
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 pm

i just got back. cant find these for sale anywhere on the website. are they sold out already???
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Wed May 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Bandit420 wrote:i just got back. cant find these for sale anywhere on the website. are they sold out already???
Tomorrow
noparanoia
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2009 6:30 pm

mistersmith wrote:Dudes, new topic. How about: Will Codeblue acknowledge the helmetless bird?
Even better, how 'bout :

Flight of the Conchords Los Angeles 09 Horkey as a 'new' topic ????
iratasan
Flipper

Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

sooo how about "who has spottet that small bycicle leaning to the tree yet"?