A Heartbeat And A Guitar Johnny Cash 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128777
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Fri May 15, 2009 7:05 pm

User avatar
ApfelGeld
Art Expert
Posts: 1986
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Fri May 15, 2009 7:06 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
User avatar
sabotage
Art Expert
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Fri May 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Mask?
User avatar
tmurch
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: NC

Fri May 15, 2009 7:37 pm

there is something about his head i dont like. It just looks off to me.
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
iso munter explosions in the sky
ImageImage
User avatar
RupertPupkin
Art Expert
Posts: 6557
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Leeds, UK

Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Fairey taking the piss once again.
User avatar
ApfelGeld
Art Expert
Posts: 1986
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Fri May 15, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm the best pal the Duke boys ever had
I'm thunder on the highway looking bad, bad, bad
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4638
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sat May 16, 2009 12:54 am

tmurch wrote:there is something about his head i dont like. It just looks off to me.
it couldn't be his wig and his right eye, no...
User avatar
5150
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: pineapple under the sea
Contact:

Sat May 16, 2009 2:13 pm

why does he look like hes got downs syndrome?
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18433
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat May 16, 2009 4:50 pm

ya it does look like down syndrome! :lol:
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11562
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Sat May 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Think he just got a hold of some good pot
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7098
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sat May 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Think he just got a hold of some good pills
User avatar
freaksmeout
Art Expert
Posts: 4487
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 am

Sat May 16, 2009 10:21 pm

I agree, the proportions on the face are off. Maybe they mistaken John Cash for John Merrick.

Hell, Shep probably didn't even touch this job. Probably some other artist in the Obey production house churning out the work for the commecial job paycheck.

Just about every other Johnny Cash print I can think of kicks the fudge out of this thing. Ironically, I never quite realized it until today....but the face of Johnny Fairey's other Johnny Cash print (2005) for the Walk the Line film doesn't really look that much like Johnny. :?
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
User avatar
dangerboy
Flipper
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: down by the train tracks tryin to spot a Deuce

Sat May 16, 2009 10:51 pm

freaksmeout wrote:I agree, the proportions on the face are off. Maybe they mistaken John Cash for John Merrick.

Hell, Shep probably didn't even touch this job. Probably some other artist in the Obey production house churning out the work for the commecial job paycheck.

Just about every other Johnny Cash print I can think of kicks the fudge out of this thing. Ironically, I never quite realized it until today....but the face of Johnny Fairey's other Johnny Cash print (2005) for the Walk the Line film doesn't really look that much like Johnny. :?
that's because it looks like juaquin phoenix
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
User avatar
freaksmeout
Art Expert
Posts: 4487
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 am

Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. How drymounting stupid of me.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
User avatar
dangerboy
Flipper
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: down by the train tracks tryin to spot a Deuce

Sat May 16, 2009 11:13 pm

freaksmeout wrote:Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. How drymounting stupid of me.
eh, it's pretty much cancelled out by the merrick photo. morph it with that bob's big boy photo and it's dead on....
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
Post Reply