Nick Cave Manchester 06 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kyle
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 pm

walterfredo wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
walterfredo wrote:I've never understood the hype around this print.
I'm right there w/ you Walter. The detail is stellar though.
I agree the detail is stellar and that Emek did some amazing artwork on this thing, as a whole....I just don't like it, never have. I would never want this on my wall.....obviously I'm in the minority on this one.....to each their own.
you are not alone.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:24 pm

kyle wrote:
walterfredo wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
walterfredo wrote:I've never understood the hype around this print.
I'm right there w/ you Walter. The detail is stellar though.
I agree the detail is stellar and that Emek did some amazing artwork on this thing, as a whole....I just don't like it, never have. I would never want this on my wall.....obviously I'm in the minority on this one.....to each their own.
you are not alone.

classic.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:08 am

Abracadabra!
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:29 am

edgar wrote:
kyle wrote:
walterfredo wrote:
MJBuck wrote: I'm right there w/ you Walter. The detail is stellar though.
you are not alone.

classic.
Was waiting for the next post to read " Man that Mitt Romney would sure make a good president." :lol:
edgar
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:32 am

turnJBup wrote:
edgar wrote:
kyle wrote:
walterfredo wrote: I agree the detail is stellar and that Emek did some amazing artwork on this thing, as a whole....I just don't like it, never have. I would never want this on my wall.....obviously I'm in the minority on this one.....to each their own.
you are not alone.

classic.
Was waiting for the next post to read " Man that Mitt Romney would sure make a good president." :lol:
Maybe that's what Emek has in store for us next...Mitt's campaign poster?
thegig
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm joyfully going through emails in preparation for taxes and just found the email for my sale of this...$119.00. That hurts... If I still had it, I wouldn't even sell it.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:18 am

They say everything has a price. Apparently yours was $119 :lol: Just rubbing it in. Yep in hindsight, we're all 20/20
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:17 pm

The funny thing is, he probably still more than doubled his money on the sale.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm

last Ebay sale had a smudge on it - can an admin update please.
edgar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:49 pm

MattTheCraw wrote:last Ebay sale had a smudge on it - can an admin update please.
i think those "smudges" are / were prevalent in the whole run...and they really weren't smudges at all....just a slight discoloration (white) in the paper.

almost adds to the map-py feel of it.

i have seen about 6 of these posters with my eyes, and ALL of them have had one (at least) in one spot or another.

this is going by what I saw in the picture in that auction. the spot they id'ed as a smudge was exactly the sort of thing I have seen on all the other prints...again, each in random spots.
triporfreak
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:03 pm

edgar wrote:
MattTheCraw wrote:last Ebay sale had a smudge on it - can an admin update please.
i think those "smudges" are / were prevalent in the whole run...and they really weren't smudges at all....just a slight discoloration (white) in the paper.

almost adds to the map-py feel of it.

i have seen about 6 of these posters with my eyes, and ALL of them have had one (at least) in one spot or another.

this is going by what I saw in the picture in that auction. the spot they id'ed as a smudge was exactly the sort of thing I have seen on all the other prints...again, each in random spots.
that was a score then! :wink:
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:36 pm

triporfreak wrote:
that was a score then! :wink:
yeh, i'd say so.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:48 pm

So if it occurs on all of em, how come the sale isn't counted in the price history?
clem99
EB Team

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:So if it occurs on all of em, how come the sale isn't counted in the price history?
if the seller said it had a smudge, it has a smudge. plus i was reliably informed by one beaner who has seen about 20 and none of them had what he would call a smudge.so the score is not counted at this stage
art is the only justification for pain :)
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:58 pm

clem99 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:So if it occurs on all of em, how come the sale isn't counted in the price history?
if the seller said it had a smudge, it has a smudge. plus i was reliably informed by one beaner who has seen about 20 and none of them had what he would call a smudge.so the score is not counted at this stage
look at the auction, and the picture of the "affected" area.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0215638436

it is not a smudge..a smudge would show smeared ink...it its a slightly discolored spot on the map paper where a bit less ink took on the map background base than other spots. again i have seen at least one of these spots in random places on every Nick Cave print ive seen. used to think they were flaws, until i saw one or more on EVERY copy of the print. (edit: that i've seen)
Last edited by edgar on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.