Nick Cave Manchester 06 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
djspikez
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:28 pm

I got 1 for my collection.
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:18 pm

Yamar wrote:Missed out - had been periodically checking in but with being at work and all... :( Needing that extra if anyone's got it -- really wanted to pick up 3 (for my sister and a close friend of theirs too) but am gonna track this one down for myself at some point...
Maybe marshouse has an extra for 'ya :wink:
marshhouse
Art Expert

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:35 pm

coxgt wrote:
Yamar wrote:Missed out - had been periodically checking in but with being at work and all... :( Needing that extra if anyone's got it -- really wanted to pick up 3 (for my sister and a close friend of theirs too) but am gonna track this one down for myself at some point...
Maybe marshouse has an extra for 'ya :wink:
I've already PMd him...down to 304 now.
Bacon is love.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Thank god for friends who are into the same stuff I am :twisted:
Tra la la la la...
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Hey, you all that have these already.....are these printed on velvet or some kind of funky paper? I know it's a kick butt print, I'm just trying to figure out why they were $50 off the start? Don't get me wrong, I paid the price gladly.....but, just wondering. I'm assuming it's a larger print?
AstroFan
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:54 pm

jojobadass wrote:Hey, you all that have these already.....are these printed on velvet or some kind of funky paper? I know it's a kick butt print, I'm just trying to figure out why they were $50 off the start? Don't get me wrong, I paid the price gladly.....but, just wondering. I'm assuming it's a larger print?
I was expecting it to be about $10 cheaper, and while I don't have know the answer to your question, I was just assuming it was more expensive because of the high demand for it.

Or maybe Emek had to make up the cost of the posters he gave away :wink:
macc5
EB Team

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:49 pm

was happy to see I was one of the ten winners of the free poster part of the contest...of course was hoping for the variant and OG, but I am happy as hell!! :D
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:24 am

jojobadass wrote:Hey, you all that have these already.....are these printed on velvet or some kind of funky paper? I know it's a kick butt print, I'm just trying to figure out why they were $50 off the start? Don't get me wrong, I paid the price gladly.....but, just wondering. I'm assuming it's a larger print?
The 8 colors may have something to do with it. Also, its like 28 X 24.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:18 am

I think the price was partly determined by the fact that he knows more then a handful of people are buying these just to re-sell for profit. So, why not up the price and make a little more money for yourself.

I'll post pictures of the original art and variant when I recieve mine :)
gungywump
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:29 am

Jermaine has already said that some of his prints using more colors/screens were going to be $20-$30 more than those in the past. I'm guessing that since both of these guys sell out everything they produce in around 30minutes that they've decided to up their pricing. With the basics of supply being 'LIMITED' and demand being through the roof they are getting to the point where they can ask for whatever they want. I'd bet that after initial sticker shot most people would have been willing to $100 for this and he still would have sold out in under an hour. Man, I wish I had a money machine like that!!
I bet EMEK sits on the other end and rabidly hits refresh just like all of us . . . the only difference is that he's refreshing his PayPal page and watching the money roll in. Then he probably prints out all the orders and rolls around on the floor with all of them, throwing them in the air and yelling' "I'm Rich Bitch!!" And then he puts out another killer poster a couple of weeks later and the whole process gets repeated. :mrgreen:
grande_mono
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:49 pm

gungywump wrote:Jermaine has already said that some of his prints using
I bet EMEK sits on the other end and rabidly hits refresh just like all of us . . . the only difference is that he's refreshing his PayPal page and watching the money roll in. Then he probably prints out all the orders and rolls around on the floor with all of them, throwing them in the air and yelling' "I'm Rich Bitch!!" And then he puts out another killer poster a couple of weeks later and the whole process gets repeated. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's funny cuz it's true :lol:
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:54 pm

More power to 'em if it is true.
Tra la la la la...
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:27 pm

My question was directed at people that currently have the NC.....I'm not interested in speculations. I want facts.....size, paper type, etc. You're not telling me anything I don't already know.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:12 pm

People, can we table all other discussion about this print until Jojo gets his specific question answered, no other discussion please. Thank you.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:36 pm

Rev.Mike wrote:People, can we table all other discussion about this print until Jojo gets his specific question answered, no other discussion please. Thank you.
Thanks Mike :roll:

I don't care what you talk about; but I'm not really interested in the poster economic bs......that's a dead horse conversation and you can take it to some other thread.