Coachella 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Yamar wrote:If memory serves, wasn't the adjusted price last year over $100? Seems to make sense to me - they want to take as much of that $$$ initially as they can. If they don't sell, then drop the price. But if they're $140 a pop then I'd not be willing to buy a stack of 10 or more to flip.
And as you say, sometimes artists CAN set their price. But other times - if you're commissioned to do a piece and then turn over a stack - you have no control over what price is asked for a print. Unless you know/hear from the source, how could you be sure which it is?
While the price EMEK charged to Goldenvoice has probably gone up over the 3 years, I think Goldenvoice is the one trying to squeeze out every last dollar from the poster market. The fact that they caught on to selling variants makes me think this.

Benny states the Sunset is the print to get, (thanks for the update Benny, hope you're enjoying the fest) ... but, seriously, at $225??? I think the 2007 print is the one to get with that kind of money.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
catfoodgood
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:05 pm

IMO, EMEK is a penis pump.

CodeBlue, you can put this in your little book and if I ever buy something of his again and try to sell it or anything, please give me sh!t.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm confused and scared
automator
Nobody

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:54 am

New image Coachella 09 EMEK
from ebay

bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 am

2 foils sold to the same person? Man these merch guys sound like idiots
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:06 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:2 foils sold to the same person? Man these merch guys sound like idiots

As I said there was some SHADY things going on at the merch tent's..this was probably the least obvious compared to the scam one of the tents was running on the posters.
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:25 pm

boatingbenny wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote:2 foils sold to the same person? Man these merch guys sound like idiots

As I said there was some SHADY things going on at the merch tent's..this was probably the least obvious compared to the scam one of the tents was running on the posters.
So what was the scam?
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 pm

The main merch tent was selling the sunset for $225...less than 20 feet away right next door 2 guys running a side merch tent pulled a stack and were selling them for $250. I wonder where that extra $25 was going..same guys who pulled the foils...same guys that were selling the posters last year out of the merch tent for $150. They also had a laptop set up playing music with ebay loaded on the page...hmmm wonder what they were doing there? Like I said SHADY!
lazk
Art Expert

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Why did you not say something? Confront them? Not trying to make you look bad or anything but I would have been pissed...but I like confrontations and a lot do not so I understand.
T.K.C.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Anyone know if any of these were left after the festival was over? Just wondering if they had to "eat them" b/c of the price.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 pm

2 foils sold to the same person? Man these merch guys sound like idiots
I don't follow your reasoning. If they priced them at the price point they wanted and sold them, who cares if one person or two bought them?
sabotage
Art Expert

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 pm

mr_rugby wrote:Anyone know if any of these were left after the festival was over? Just wondering if they had to "eat them" b/c of the price.
there were regular and variants for sale at the end of the show last night. I tried to get a Gary Baseman Coachella T-Shirt but those were sold out. Doh!
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:38 pm

mr_rugby wrote:Anyone know if any of these were left after the festival was over? Just wondering if they had to "eat them" b/c of the price.
i will have an offer/chance for an ebeaner to buy one @ face soon. stay tuned.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Well, first off they were not displayed. How the drymount is someone going to buy them if they are not displayed? Secondly, they were offered to one gentleman, who subsequently purchased them both. Forget the fact that I was the first one there, coming from the onsite camping entrance, unlike the McFlipper coming from the douchebag entrance [non-onsitecamp]. I'm referring to the foils of course. And the douchebaggery surrounding their sale. I posted initially about it here.*

E

*Not to take anything away from Benny's "breaking" of the story.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 pm

catfoodgood wrote: CodeBlue, you can put this in your little book and if I ever buy something of his again and try to sell it or anything, please give me sh!t.
Done.
sabotage wrote: I tried to get a Gary Baseman Coachella T-Shirt but those were sold out. Doh!
Guess I shoulda checked the merch booth on Saturday.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Well, first off they were not displayed. How the drymount is someone going to buy them if they are not displayed? Secondly, they were offered to one gentleman, who subsequently purchased them both. Forget the fact that I was the first one there, coming from the onsite camping entrance, unlike the McFlipper coming from the douchebag entrance [non-onsitecamp]. I'm referring to the foils of course. And the douchebaggery surrounding their sale. I posted initially about it here.*

E

*Not to take anything away from Benny's "breaking" of the story.
You should have flying armbarred him and taken the booty!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.