Croatoan 06 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:07 am

oinkoink wrote: Damn. That was pretty fun to write. Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Sorry if I posted this comment in the wrong thread!
:clap: :clap: :clap: to your whole post, I just didn't want to requote everything and take up too much space.

I wonder what your thoughts are about Croatoan and Whale Bone Grove. I don't have as profound thoughts about these art pieces as most people have commented about Croatoan, but I feel like Croatoan and WBG have some sort of different dimension similarity (kind of like the Jet Li movie One), with the bird and ray on the left, and dilapidated building on the right. I could see these two in the comic strip beside each other, with your observation of the clouds, and that WBG could be the middle piece with clouds parted on either side of the print. I'd like to see a similar piece with maybe the ray having the upper hand on the bird to balance everything out, since my interpretation Croatoan is that the bird and the ray are pretty much at a stalemate.
Image THC x 3
wapalms
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 am

I think a lot of you mob over-think it, its a nice picture
Image Image X2
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 pm

wapalms wrote:I think a lot of you mob over-think it, its a nice picture
:pint:
THC
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm

wapalms wrote:I think a lot of you mob over-think it, its a nice picture
Meh. Doubt it's a mob. Probably just me and my imagination. Pretty sure more people are worried about the price of the piece.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:44 pm

aznpunkyu wrote:
oinkoink wrote: Damn. That was pretty fun to write. Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Sorry if I posted this comment in the wrong thread!
:clap: :clap: :clap: to your whole post, I just didn't want to requote everything and take up too much space.

I wonder what your thoughts are about Croatoan and Whale Bone Grove. I don't have as profound thoughts about these art pieces as most people have commented about Croatoan, but I feel like Croatoan and WBG have some sort of different dimension similarity (kind of like the Jet Li movie One), with the bird and ray on the left, and dilapidated building on the right. I could see these two in the comic strip beside each other, with your observation of the clouds, and that WBG could be the middle piece with clouds parted on either side of the print. I'd like to see a similar piece with maybe the ray having the upper hand on the bird to balance everything out, since my interpretation Croatoan is that the bird and the ray are pretty much at a stalemate.
Thanks for the compliment, aznpunkyu. I just PM'd you, since it doesn't seem fitting to talk about WBG in the Croatoan thread. Just thought I'd add this note for you and anyone else that feels the same... As long as you are polite and respectful, never be afraid of sharing your thoughts. "Profound" has 2 definitions: 1. (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; 2. (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight. What's interesting is that one cannot have #2 without #1. Passion is instrumental in the pursuit of knowledge. You have already clearly demonstrated your passion for Aaron and his art by talking about his works. And I think that's the most important part.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:03 pm

I just saw this on Framing Devil's IG. Pretty nice.

So it goes...
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:22 pm

:drool:
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 pm

mfaith wrote:I just saw this on Framing Devil's IG. Pretty nice.
Darn, you beat me to it! I'll try to upload more pics in a few days. Happy New Year EB!
Image Image Image Image
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:24 pm

SPICOLEI wrote:
Darn, you beat me to it! I'll try to upload more pics in a few days. Happy New Year EB!
Oh damn, this was yours? Noice! :clap: Congrats dude. Killer frame-up.
So it goes...
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:37 am

Looks stunning!! Love the wood mat. Congrats!
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:20 am

SPICOLEI wrote:
Amazing job. Congrats.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:25 am

mfaith wrote:
damn, that looks classy. :drool:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:52 pm

That is a perfect frame up.
partpat
Art Freak

Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 pm

jjbehren wrote:That is a perfect frame up.

frame up > the print
Crash607
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:56 pm

mistersmith wrote:
Not until this has been screenprinted.
agreed