Croatoan 06 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:44 am

JasonSlc wrote:Having now seen some more of this beauty, I'd say The Vacvvm nailed this thing dead-nuts. No doubt Horkey's work is in capable hands. I'm digging the heavy insemination/conception allusion in the interaction of the two screen printed rays and the chop. I hope this union bears unholy fruit for a long time.
Jason, let me just start by saying... I have always liked you. The hypothesis you presented honestly had not even occurred to me, but I think that is a AWESOME interpretation. Another interpretation... That they are being sucked into the void, lured to their own destruction (so to speak) as witnessed in the actual print itself. I really don't know if there is something in the image that attracted the ray to the 'creature' ultimately leading to it and then their collective demise (not pictured, but concept from what *would* have been the final image in the *non-existent* 3 panel series). Perhaps the "rays" of light / energy emanating from the creature's head are like the deep see fish that have the little glowing bulb hanging in front of the gaping cavern of razor sharp teeth... I this case a pointy beak and whip-like tail mutation.
JasonSlc wrote:I'll say it again, these are exciting times for Horkey dorks.
VACVVM. :notworthy:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:46 am

automator wrote:New image Croatoan 06 Horkey - OG Pencil Study Framed
Framed by Furthur Frames

And Baker...
I would kill for this. Best you never invite me into your home...

JK Amigo :wink:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
someasiandude
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Kramerica wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:
lujborg wrote:from PB&T (not mine, wish they were!)

:clap:

pickup of the year!
Thought that group operated on a holier-than-thou, flipping is the devil mantra?
I am sure they were all for pb's. Every other post in that group is someone showing their stacks of multiple prints or however many gallery show prints they just pb'ed.
How would there be PBs for this? Wasn't this an unannounced drop/print?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 pm

I was being sarcastic.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:38 pm

What group are we talking about? Anyone care to enlighten me?
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Some circle jerk Facebook group.

When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total enlightenment.
That's what she said
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 pm

finneganm wrote:Some circle jerk Facebook group.

When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total enlightenment.
It's like the ending of martyrs but with posters
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:24 pm

jjbehren wrote:What group are we talking about? Anyone care to enlighten me?
It's kind of like Nazi Germany, but with posters and on Facebook and nothing at all like Nazi Germany.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:25 pm

EB with real names.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
EB with real names.
:clap:
THC
punch
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Personally, I look forward to seeing these laying on people's floors in THC pictures for years to come.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:21 pm

punch wrote:Personally, I look forward to seeing these laying on people's floors in THC pictures for years to come.
:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 pm

haha
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Have you ever heard the story of Archie Karas? His reasoning for never saving was because he needed his money to gamble with. Horkey pieces aren't like Whalen's, where one could purchase a single frame and trade out the print year after year. Almost every Horkey frame has to be custom made. A lot of us need our money to buy more Horkey's with, on the floor for a photo one day doesn't imply on the floor forever. I just moved in to a new home and finally have walls to hang my own things on with a sense of permanence. I really wanted the James Jean Seasons print today, but the girlfriend tells me it makes her feel uncomfortable. She demands Croatoan be framed in the living room. I have won.

decker,

I always likened this print as Aaron's homage to Christina's World.
whl10
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:18 pm

punch wrote:Personally, I look forward to seeing these laying on people's floors in THC pictures for years to come.
Lolz!