Flight of the Black Osprey 05 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tj
Art Expert

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:04 pm

heh -- sorry, gr8dane -- i was talking about angry-one-post-man above decker, not decker.

as for chef -- i never heard details about it either, but it definitely should have had a gloss or something over it to make it look nicer. that's why i went for museum glass when i framed mine -- it makes it look a lot glossier and nicer -- more like a painting rather than a kind of crappy giclee job.

you know what one of the nicest giclees i've ever seen is? one done by diesel fuel prints -- one of the tara mcpherson ones. the one with the chick lying on the ground with the heart shape punched out of her chest and the flower growing through it. it's really fantastic. ups to whoever did that one (does DFP do giclees or do they farm them out? i don't know.)
iratasan
Flipper

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:20 pm

tj wrote:heh -- sorry, gr8dane -- i was talking about angry-one-post-man above decker, not decker.

as for chef -- i never heard details about it either, but it definitely should have had a gloss or something over it to make it look nicer. that's why i went for museum glass when i framed mine -- it makes it look a lot glossier and nicer -- more like a painting rather than a kind of crappy giclee job.

you know what one of the nicest giclees i've ever seen is? one done by diesel fuel prints -- one of the tara mcpherson ones. the one with the chick lying on the ground with the heart shape punched out of her chest and the flower growing through it. it's really fantastic. ups to whoever did that one (does DFP do giclees or do they farm them out? i don't know.)
diesel fuel only do her screen prints. i think for the giclees she uses different studios. yeah, tara's giclees are insane. ultra-hi-quality, best inks, ultra thick gallery grade paper, screen printed glossy layer to top it off, embossed.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:09 pm

did TJ just say upper-decker?
not dead
decker3984
Art Expert

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:57 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:What did Aaron say specifically he did not like about it ? Never heard details. I love it
I think mostly that the run was never completed. That has got to be pretty upsetting / frustrating as an artist.
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm

xtro wrote:
if aaron ever does a reprint on this, i'd be really surprised if he doesn't use the same guys who are putting out his letterpress series and the dead man giclee.

Anyone here know what a search engine is? i.e., Google? Yahoo? etc?

Yeah, it's the next one. The notice has been out there for a while now.
glad it's finally been announced. Can't say how much i'm looking forward to this. I soooooo wanted to buy a jill thompson original at C2E2 this weekend but had to pass just because I knew this was coming.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
andydiesel
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:31 pm

iratasan wrote:
tj wrote:heh -- sorry, gr8dane -- i was talking about angry-one-post-man above decker, not decker.

diesel fuel only do her screen prints. i think for the giclees she uses different studios. yeah, tara's giclees are insane. ultra-hi-quality, best inks, ultra thick gallery grade paper, screen printed glossy layer to top it off, embossed.
sometime this year we will be starting to do all the production of Taras new giclees. They will be the same quality, if not better, as her printer that does the current ones.
i never check PM's so if you want to get a hold of me send an email.

http://www.dieselfuelprints.com
andydiesel
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:33 pm

GR8Dane wrote:Well..... I got #15 too!!!! The final straw.

Be nice to the Horkey nerds tj. We are so few and far between!!!
when i called the gallery to buy it they told me that the one i got was the last one that was printed.

it and the nesting print are the few things i actually kinda regret selling.
i never check PM's so if you want to get a hold of me send an email.

http://www.dieselfuelprints.com
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:31 am

andydiesel wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:Well..... I got #15 too!!!! The final straw.

Be nice to the Horkey nerds tj. We are so few and far between!!!
when i called the gallery to buy it they told me that the one i got was the last one that was printed.

it and the nesting print are the few things i actually kinda regret selling.

Andy.... I love you for it. You have always treated me well. I swear it will never ever leave my hands. Eva!

Now if I can con you out of a piece of sheet rock....... :notworthy:

and I would agree with the shellac like coating over the top of it to bring out the colors and I think even Aaron "might" have been happier.
billthebassist
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 am

xtro wrote:
if aaron ever does a reprint on this, i'd be really surprised if he doesn't use the same guys who are putting out his letterpress series and the dead man giclee.

ever heard of posting a link? and it's e.g., google, yahoo, etc. u douche bag.

great 1st post!
decker3984
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 am

GR8Dane wrote:Now if I can con you out of a piece of sheet rock....... :notworthy:
Can somebody please post a picture of this piece of sheet rock... I am dying to know what the hell Aaron drew on it! :lol:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

GR8Dane wrote:Andy.... I love you for it. You have always treated me well. I swear it will never ever leave my hands. Eva!
For the other thing.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
xtro wrote:

glad it's finally been announced. Can't say how much i'm looking forward to this. I soooooo wanted to buy a jill thompson original at C2E2 this weekend but had to pass just because I knew this was coming.
Wait... what? I searched and didn't see anything stating this was being released. I did see results for Bieler Press but when I click the links there is nothing about FOTBO. Am I missing something here?
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:
Wait... what? I searched and didn't see anything stating this was being released. I did see results for Bieler Press but when I click the links there is nothing about FOTBO. Am I missing something here?
It seems to have been removed. It was on the bieler press blog site last night under "in production"
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Sweet! Yeah, the google results showed "Flight of the Black Osprey" in the Bieler press links but I could not find any reference of that on the site. Wonder why it was removed? Aaron did mention that there would be a new release this month to tide us over since the letterpress series continued to have production delays. If it's this, then it may be released this month. Aaron said it was currently in production whatever it was. That was before he left to go work on the colab with Jay Ryan so it can't be that.

**waits impatiently for Dead Arts announcement.**
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:38 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:Wonder why it was removed?
My guess is because it hasn't been officially announced through dead arts and they'd probably like to handle announcements like that directly rather than having it leaked online. But yeah, definitely looking forward to getting the dead arts email too!