Dave Matthews Las Vegas 05 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:02 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Dave Matthews Las Vegas 05 Methane

sniper
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:54 pm

NO PICTURE COULD EVER DO THIS ONE JUSTICE.... The inlay in the black is way to subtle a contrast to ever see. Anyone that dosen't want theirs, I could find a good home for it.
djklu
New User

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 pm

I need two of these. If you have one for sale please email me. Steve@ShoeYork.com

My buddy and went to the show and the posters were sold out. Please email me and name your price..within reason. I do know that these cost a bunch.

Thanks,

Steve
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:30 pm

Sorry my friend but this one is priceless to me. :D I am very suprised I have never seen one on e-bay. I check often also. I also know they ran out of tubes, it looked as if they only had about 50 tubes... I saw many drunk people going around vegas with posters in their hands bound by rubber bands. I even saw this huge drunk fat guy with like 3 of them bound by a rubber band lean ino the stack against the bar and jack all of them up. I would be cautious of any purchase due to these factors. Good luck...
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 pm

I dont know if anyone else has ever noticed this but, I have mine framed and when I look at the skull from 3ft or more the skull becomes 3 dimensional like the magic eye posters of the 90s kinda. But it defnately looks 3d. I have never seen anything like it I wonder of it is intentional or just occurred.
8)
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:21 pm

UHHHHHHH 600$ I guess that sets the bar....
UGH!
Glad I got one at the show. N
Flimby

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:24 pm

sniper wrote:UHHHHHHH 600$ I guess that sets the bar....
UGH!
Glad I got one at the show. N
I am going to go out on a limb and predict that this poster will never sell that high again
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:45 pm

I dont forsee many going up for sale ever again. Don't see any limbs. Just my arms and legs. 8)
Pretty penny though.
Would never sell mine for 600 thats for sure.
Nate
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:13 pm

OMFG 600???

I can't believe that they're still filling auditoriums let alone having ultra-collectible prints.
Dam

The only good show of theirs that I saw was in 94, after that forget it.
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?
theposterking
New User

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:16 pm

it is an amazing poster. the person who said up above that no picture could ever do this one justice was right!! sold it to a private collector, and he knew he was getting a bargain for $600. Probably won't see another one of these again, but hopefully i'll be able to find another
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 pm

theposterking wrote:it is an amazing poster. the person who said up above that no picture could ever do this one justice was right!! sold it to a private collector, and he knew he was getting a bargain for $600. Probably won't see another one of these again, but hopefully i'll be able to find another
Pay no attention to 'theposterking'...the $600 sale is falsified.

theposterking is also laxsoccerguy, dave_matthews_posterfan and most likely a few more EB handles.

I recently traded him this print under 'laxsoccerguy' and knew that he intended to frame it. He then recorded a sale under a DIFFERENT user name in an attempt to boost the value of the poster he just acquired. This is not the first time Mr. Ben Marlow has lied to try and boost the value of his posters.

This 'sale' should really be stricken from the records and is not an accurate account of the market value of this poster.

The more you know...
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:25 pm

AHA!!

It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:14 pm

thesavageguy wrote:
theposterking wrote:it is an amazing poster. the person who said up above that no picture could ever do this one justice was right!! sold it to a private collector, and he knew he was getting a bargain for $600. Probably won't see another one of these again, but hopefully i'll be able to find another
Pay no attention to 'theposterking'...the $600 sale is falsified.

theposterking is also laxsoccerguy, dave_matthews_posterfan and most likely a few more EB handles.

I recently traded him this print under 'laxsoccerguy' and knew that he intended to frame it. He then recorded a sale under a DIFFERENT user name in an attempt to boost the value of the poster he just acquired. This is not the first time Mr. Ben Marlow has lied to try and boost the value of his posters.

This 'sale' should really be stricken from the records and is not an accurate account of the market value of this poster.

The more you know...

Apparently this guy is a big fat Image

yes that is a tool kit. Go home dude. :twisted:
Thanks for the heads up!
scattergood
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:06 am

The hype on this poster is way overblown - the posters were available at the venue til about 30 minutes before the show ended (much longer than normal). I decided to skip it as the poster didn't do it for me - i now wish i bought tons just to put the posterking in his place - asshole.
The multiple handle douchbag (lax/posterking/dmbcapitalisticasshole) is trying to hype the casue with ebay listings "buy it now" for 600-1000.
I wouldn't trade my kangaroo australia, elephant gorge, red rocks, hershey, msg, or phili dmb's for it personally.
I think fair value for this is around 100-150.
Don't get conned - be patient and legit traders/sellers will like keep throwing 1-3/year on ebay for realistic amounts.
May karma find you and squish your nuts pk/dmbposterfan...
mikebahlsen

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:19 am

scattergood wrote:The hype on this poster is way overblown - the posters were available at the venue til about 30 minutes before the show ended (much longer than normal). I decided to skip it as the poster didn't do it for me - i now wish i bought tons just to put the posterking in his place - asshole.
The multiple handle douchbag (lax/posterking/dmbcapitalisticasshole) is trying to hype the casue with ebay listings "buy it now" for 600-1000.
I wouldn't trade my kangaroo australia, elephant gorge, red rocks, hershey, msg, or phili dmb's for it personally.
I think fair value for this is around 100-150.
Don't get conned - be patient and legit traders/sellers will like keep throwing 1-3/year on ebay for realistic amounts.
May karma find you and squish your nuts pk/dmbposterfan...
I agree with $100-150. It's a nice poster, but not a $500+ print. There's just no way.