Mad Hatter Blotter 95 McCloud

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
automator
Nobody
Posts: 126741
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:32 am

This topic is dedicated to: Mad Hatter Blotter 95 McCloud

Image
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:33 am

This very popular blotter print was part of a collection of prints by Mark McCloud called the Dirty Dozen
User avatar
whyhoo
Art Expert
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:00 am

Thu May 17, 2007 7:32 pm

ah yes with the flying pyramids, the fractals, the learys, the e pluribus newmans... awesome artwork
User avatar
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:00 am

Thu May 17, 2007 8:05 pm

does anyone really collect strictly blotter art anymore?
User avatar
whyhoo
Art Expert
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:00 am

Thu May 17, 2007 9:13 pm

they're nice conversation pieces!
Esther
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Fri May 18, 2007 7:16 am

I ate that a few times...

good times.. good times...


:D :lol: :wink:
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Fri May 18, 2007 1:05 pm

hotniks160 wrote:does anyone really collect strictly blotter art anymore?
I used to do it before even posters...but the whole rise and flood of vanity blotter art and bootleg reprints kinda turned me off to collecting....

The real collectible pieces are in the actual art that were distributed...this being one of those pieces...but it was probably reprinted at one time

I saw this one and the varient with white backgroud being circulated in the mid-to-late 1990s

Paul
automator
Nobody
Posts: 126741
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:02 pm

New image Mad Hatter Blotter 95 McCloud
Signed

Image
marvin
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 am

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 am

pvecchi wrote:
hotniks160 wrote:does anyone really collect strictly blotter art anymore?
I used to do it before even posters...but the whole rise and flood of vanity blotter art and bootleg reprints kinda turned me off to collecting....

The real collectible pieces are in the actual art that were distributed...this being one of those pieces...but it was probably reprinted at one time

I saw this one and the varient with white backgroud being circulated in the mid-to-late 1990s

Paul
Yeah, i collect the vintage signed blotters, like DDozen, MM, Alex Grey, Thom Lyttle blotters were always nice with the extra uncut space around them, and I've never seen one signed by Thom though, I mean just about anyone else, but RIP Thom; good work man. This has a 1st and second printings, I believe the ones that came from Key-Z.com but he wanted $400.00 for one just signed Kesey. That's another reason why I don't collect blotters anymore other than vintage/signed ones as of all the lack of creativity that the old ones bring. They are not S/N'ed (a lot of them) and a first Mad Hatter from MM's Dirty Dozen shouldn't be over $100.00, $120 for unexperienced collectors, like the various colors of the colored Alice in Wonderland variant colors; The Red is the Hardest to find and i heard at one time on tour the reds were 250mics, a 4 block was 1,000mics. I've been wrong before, but I believe that is accurate 8)
Tell Someone You Love Them
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 am

marvin wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
hotniks160 wrote:does anyone really collect strictly blotter art anymore?
I used to do it before even posters...but the whole rise and flood of vanity blotter art and bootleg reprints kinda turned me off to collecting....

The real collectible pieces are in the actual art that were distributed...this being one of those pieces...but it was probably reprinted at one time

I saw this one and the varient with white backgroud being circulated in the mid-to-late 1990s

Paul
Yeah, i collect the vintage signed blotters, like DDozen, MM, Alex Grey, Thom Lyttle blotters were always nice with the extra uncut space around them, and I've never seen one signed by Thom though, I mean just about anyone else, but RIP Thom; good work man. This has a 1st and second printings, I believe the ones that came from Key-Z.com but he wanted $400.00 for one just signed Kesey. That's another reason why I don't collect blotters anymore other than vintage/signed ones as of all the lack of creativity that the old ones bring. They are not S/N'ed (a lot of them) and a first Mad Hatter from MM's Dirty Dozen shouldn't be over $100.00, $120 for unexperienced collectors, like the various colors of the colored Alice in Wonderland variant colors; The Red is the Hardest to find and i heard at one time on tour the reds were 250mics, a 4 block was 1,000mics. I've been wrong before, but I believe that is accurate 8)
I'm guessing there are closer to 10 printings than two. The mad hatters with the white space below for signatures are reprints too....that's why the white space is there for sigs.

I would not trust anything Zane Kesey says (just my opinion)...
marvin
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 am

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:26 pm

pvecchi wrote:
marvin wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
hotniks160 wrote:does anyone really collect strictly blotter art anymore?
I used to do it before even posters...but the whole rise and flood of vanity blotter art and bootleg reprints kinda turned me off to collecting....

The real collectible pieces are in the actual art that were distributed...this being one of those pieces...but it was probably reprinted at one time

I saw this one and the varient with white backgroud being circulated in the mid-to-late 1990s

Paul
Yeah, i collect the vintage signed blotters, like DDozen, MM, Alex Grey, Thom Lyttle blotters were always nice with the extra uncut space around them, and I've never seen one signed by Thom though, I mean just about anyone else, but RIP Thom; good work man. This has a 1st and second printings, I believe the ones that came from Key-Z.com but he wanted $400.00 for one just signed Kesey. That's another reason why I don't collect blotters anymore other than vintage/signed ones as of all the lack of creativity that the old ones bring. They are not S/N'ed (a lot of them) and a first Mad Hatter from MM's Dirty Dozen shouldn't be over $100.00, $120 for unexperienced collectors, like the various colors of the colored Alice in Wonderland variant colors; The Red is the Hardest to find and i heard at one time on tour the reds were 250mics, a 4 block was 1,000mics. I've been wrong before, but I believe that is accurate 8)
I'm guessing there are closer to 10 printings than two. The mad hatters with the white space below for signatures are reprints too....that's why the white space is there for sigs.

I would not trust anything Zane Kesey says (just my opinion)...
Agreed, Never Trust A Prankster...a real one, he's been kind to my family, but Neal@tTheWheel was a driver, John Swan, Intrepid Traveler, Mike H, Slime Queen, Babbs boys, MtnGirl and Ken Babbs, original pranksters, the Grateful Dead were pranksters, and they used to follow us around. Want to hear a $1 joke paul? Why was Jerry always hiding? A: Because everywhere he went everyone was always peaking. (I don't quit get it, but if you need gas money I give it to you, and if you know any roadrunners anyone pass it one, it's going to be international soon, or end up on Zane's tshirts lol
Tell Someone You Love Them
User avatar
shadygrove
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:27 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:55 pm

The art on this print is by the recently deceased "Low Brow" artist "The Pizz"... He was a Southern-California based tiki and surf artist who took his life in 2017.

Mark McCloud purchased the original and commissioned the blotter. The Pizz also did the art for the Alfred E. Pluribus Newman blotter that's part of McCloud's "Dirty Dozen."
http://shakedowngallery.com
join my email list to hear about new blotter art releases:
http://bit.ly/art-mailing-list
Post Reply