Obama Hope 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm

George is hot! Many men look better as they age.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:11 pm

:iagree:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:14 pm

aahnutz wrote:Many men look better as they age.
The opposite can be said about most women. :wink:
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
scrubjay
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Many men are losing hair by their mid-30s too. 8)
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:
aahnutz wrote:Many men look better as they age.
The opposite can be said about most women. :wink:
You still have a lot to learn about women, Mike.
scrubjay wrote:Many men are losing hair by their mid-30s too. 8)
But gaining it in their ears, noses, and on their backs. :door:

(Apologies for being off-topic. Just couldn't let Blue's comment go unanswered.)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Subtle
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Subtle wrote:
Timmytj wrote:am i confused here? the hope print is a piece of art and we are discussing it. buzz off if you dont want to join the discussion.

i could be wrong but i remember it being thick stock at the party thing back in march
well timmay, I must say your whole case about this AP thing is a little bogus. First of all, show me a seller who has sold multiple AP's of this. If there are people out there mass producing these and writing AP on them (like you seem to think), please show me the person by proving they have sold multiples of them. Wouldn't that be what they would do? Also, I have looked at completed auctions of many Obey AP's and there doesn't seem to be any real set way that AP is written. Besides, Fairey just signs these things, I don't think he numbers them all himself as well.
no response to this? hmmm
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
Timmytj
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:49 pm

---
Last edited by Timmytj on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who deserves the R2D2 cookie jar more? The Star Wars fan, or the Cookie Jar nut?
Subtle
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:19 pm

wow. calm down man. no need to call me a 'moron' 'ignorant' 'drymountin' 12 year old' with 'lack of experience'. I just simply provided a rebuttal to your stance on the matter. don't take these forum debates so seriously, go breathe some fresh air my friend.
Timmytj
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Subtle wrote:wow. calm down man. no need to call me a 'moron' 'ignorant' 'drymountin' 12 year old' with 'lack of experience'. I just simply provided a rebuttal to your stance on the matter. don't take these forum debates so seriously, go breathe some fresh air my friend.
move on buddy. i said my piece a few times and you kept dragging it up. now you want to take the high road. i love when people poke around for fudge then act shocked when they get it.

btw- i am quite calm and have enjoyed plenty of fresh mountain air today. and dont worry, i have yet to lose any sleep over some silly internet bullshit.

hope all is good with you. and dont go buying HOPE artist proofs.
Who deserves the R2D2 cookie jar more? The Star Wars fan, or the Cookie Jar nut?
Subtle
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm

ok timmy. although check out our posts and you tell me who got hostile. anyways, i am sorry that your numbered is not going for as much as the AP's. you will get over it with time.
Timmytj
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Subtle wrote:ok timmy. although check out our posts and you tell me who got hostile. anyways, i am sorry that your numbered is not going for as much as the AP's. you will get over it with time.
cool dude. so we are done here? great
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Anyone interested in the original photo

I contacted Mannie Garcia and he has an edition of 200 signed for sale here:
http://www.danzigerprojects.com/

$1200 plus shipping
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:Anyone interested in the original photo

I contacted Mannie Garcia and he has an edition of 200 signed for sale here:
http://www.danzigerprojects.com/

$1200 plus shipping
I'm sure those will sell quick :lol:
I've got nothing against the guy trying to make a few bucks but he didn't even know that the image Fairey used came from his photo until those danziger people told him January 21st. He must have seen Fairey image thousands of times and never realized.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:35 am

WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHEPARD-FAIREY-OBEY ... 240%3A1318

authentic & official paster?

it looks more like a glossy copy of the smithsonian collage print, probably from the gift shop
scrubjay
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 am

:roll: But it's high demanded! (so they say) Check out their other listing:
"THESE ARE TRUE FRAMED BLACK ART PIECES"