The Visitor 08 Eelus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:30 pm

AKBAPE wrote:
Oh believe me I do too. The Good, The Bad, and the Moon may have been my favorite image from the CANS festival. That said, I was not lucky enough to get either of them for retail whereas Visitor has been more readily available.
Deer-e-me is still available for pretty cheap:
http://fusshop.co.uk/eelus_deer-e-me.html
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:38 pm

cerebus wrote:
dangerboy wrote:i kinda like the simplicity of the print itself, but i have to agree, i need someone to explain what's going on there...
I thought that the 'Visitor' in question was related to the women in the print having her period. I often find my wife, squatting down in the back yard, baying at the full moon when she's having hers. The print is a unnervingly similar representation of such occurrences.
Definitely about periods. The two-faced (hormonal mood swings) woman, the dark "rain." Pretty obvious, right?

(Ladies, sorry for the stereotyping. I say the above tongue-in-cheek.)
cerebus
Art Expert

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:46 pm

jjbehren wrote:
cerebus wrote:
dangerboy wrote:i kinda like the simplicity of the print itself, but i have to agree, i need someone to explain what's going on there...
I thought that the 'Visitor' in question was related to the women in the print having her period. I often find my wife, squatting down in the back yard, baying at the full moon when she's having hers. The print is a unnervingly similar representation of such occurrences.
Definitely about periods. The two-faced (hormonal mood swings) woman, the dark "rain." Pretty obvious, right?

Exactly. All this stuff about aliens is just complete nonsense. :P
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 pm

jjbehren wrote:
cerebus wrote:

Hate to keep bring this back to Grafter but maybe Splash is about that? :lol: :lol:
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:59 pm

AKBAPE wrote:
Hate to keep bring this back to Grafter but maybe Splash is about that? :lol: :lol:
I was about to make a similar comment, but refrained due to the girl's obvious young age in the piece... But that sure didn't stop you, nice job pervert ;)
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:59 pm

bloodthrust wrote:
AKBAPE wrote: I've just been a little frustrated with the ebb and flows of artists popularity. I'm beginning to realize I should keep my mouth shut though. The more I support an artist openly the more their work will move out of my price range.
I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the stupidest drymounting things I've ever read on here....actually disgusting to some extent.

Sorry I just read this. How is this 'disgusting'?
roo
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 am

Love eelus work and it was interesting reading this thread when i couldnt sleep :pint: When i first saw this before reading this thread i thought of a woman going thru her cycle, even the wording on eelus,s website about the print supports this, also in the UK alot of woman call getting there period, "getting a visitor" On the grafter front its a year on since AKBAPE suggested he will bet top dollar he could get a splash,(any of the versions) a year on for less than cost :shock: Well your skint mate and its harder and harder to find them for reasonable money, the last splash sale recorded on here, white and red canvas, sold for $2000 a couple of months back.... Alot of Eelus,s work is harder and harder to find for fair money and certain pieces will just continue to rise, I look forward to seeing what Eelus comes up with for 2010. :D
Hope i can get to sleep now :lol: :pint:
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Could someone who owns one of these post some pics? That stock jpeg doesn't do much to illustrate what the print actually looks like in person.
automator
Nobody

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 am

New image The Visitor 08 Eelus - 1st