MARSians 08 Emek

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Squirt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Just reread the Juxtapoz article on emek written by Thom Klombis

How did Thom became fluent in English?
When I met him in Germany, he didn't speak a word of English.
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:18 pm

price on the puzzles? got it...I found it at $35 on another discussion page...so many topics for these things!

and 170 1st edition...hhhmmm how many editions do you all suspect? Enough to fill demand?

Its a neat idea, and as someone else said, I get the gimmick about having to buy a puzzle to be included in a lottery to buy the woood panel prints...nifty way of doing things in a way (and I'm sure frustrating to others). either way, neato products and thanks for al the heads up on this.

so perhaps I'll give it a try...thanks for the info!

Jeremy
MattStrine
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:44 pm

hitmewithposters wrote:price on the puzzles?

and 170 1st edition...hhhmmm how many editions do you all suspect? Enough to fill demand?

Its a neat idea, and as someone else said, I get the gimmick about having to buy a puzzle to be included in a lottery to buy the woood panel prints...nifty way of doing things in a way (and I'm sure frustrating to others). either way, neato products and thanks for al the heads up on this.

this may get me to dive into a purchase from you folks...I thought long and hard about the recent jimi blacklight poster, but honestly, something rubbed me the wrong way since I've had a DCS sub since their inception and in a way felt like it would be nice to have the companion piece with the same number, but timing was horrible for payment and I was not going to buy from another source other than DCS becuase frankly I could have worked out something with DCS about sending the payment a bit later and they could have included that in another tube they send me, but being a different company, it left no wiggle room for the long time DCS customers to make it work easily....not to mention the notion of a sub not including all the artists work becuase they are outsourcing reprints..or second editions, or new editions...or variants, or whatever they are called this minute. :wink:

so perhaps I'll give it a try...thanks for the info!

Jeremy
No other editions. There is plenty of art to work with, no need to reprint. The DCS relationship of us handling fulfillment is very new. But as you will see in the DCS newsletter today, I've been friends with Jeff & Judy for a long time. We've done numerous projects together and are working together because we are like-minded people. That being said, our companies are different and your example would probably work for them but not so much for us. But that's definitely not reason to give us a try. The quality of our products is top notch and we'll do our best to have our customers grow with us as we expand our line with more artists.

BTW, I don't believe I've heard the term neato in years! :lol:
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 pm

MCNAIL: Do you think you could possibly forget to put this info up on omg? You all ready gave people a pretty nice warning...not like it won't sell out (super fast).
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 pm

recycler wrote:MCNAIL: Do you think you could possibly forget to put this info up on omg? You all ready gave people a pretty nice warning...not like it won't sell out (super fast).
I second that motion. :twisted:
theomont
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:45 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
recycler wrote:MCNAIL: Do you think you could possibly forget to put this info up on omg? You all ready gave people a pretty nice warning...not like it won't sell out (super fast).
Word.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

theomont wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
Word.
Law
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm

haha
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
theomont wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
Word.
Law
truth.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm

:clap:
bosco004
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:10 am

Thank you for the good info much apreciated!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:44 am

Marco ..................
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:57 am

I can almost guarantee that these will go on sale during one of the 3 times I won't be at my computer during work today. fudge just happens that way.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:01 am

mlinderer wrote:I can almost guarantee that these will go on sale during one of the 3 times I won't be at my computer during work today. fudge just happens that way.
same here- why I starting sipping my coffee at home early this morning, its all good- the only print I ever got directly from Emek was the bathroom quartet, pretty fitting, so Im use to it.

I think these will go in seconds anyways- so the working mans luck is going to have to depend on later drops.
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:05 am

Is this the first time posters have been turned into puzzles? It a pretty neat idea.