Be The Change 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm

How are these replacements being sent?
xmanxman
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 pm

My Replacement was sent UPS Next Day Air from Obey. The replacement was rolled in kraft and taped loose inside the tube. I was a little surprised that the print was damaged.
tschav
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 06, 2009 8:36 am

drymounting hell, I'm still waiting on my replacement numbered print...
at this rate, there's probably less numbered prints in people's hands than signed ones.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am

I am wondering how print 701 could have sold on ebay eBay 250429791853, when I have print 701 here at home? The one I have at home is a replacement for one that originally came to me damaged and that I returned. The one I had returned had creases down the middle. I wonder if they are selling the returns or if they mislabeled the number in the auction?
thebends9
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:17 am

Ive got a mint S/N for $400 shipped if anyone is interested
fluffhead
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 am

thebends9 wrote:Ive got a mint S/N for $400 shipped if anyone is interested
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.

I'm not the EB police but this does annoy the hell out of me especially when its folks that have been here long enough to know the forum rules
although I guess that all the obama threads should maybe just be turned into release discussion/open market threads
solepole
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

KNEEL13 wrote:I am wondering how print 701 could have sold on ebay eBay 250429791853, when I have print 701 here at home? The one I have at home is a replacement for one that originally came to me damaged and that I returned. The one I had returned had creases down the middle. I wonder if they are selling the returns or if they mislabeled the number in the auction?
Kneel13, do you remember what the number was of the one you returned? Was it the same #, 701? Because i do not know if you noticed in the Ebay listing, but the one he is selling has a huge crease down the middle, just like the one you say you returned... If there is someone reselling the returned posters, that is a HUGE no no, and Fairey should be notified. Any returned posters should have been destroyed so that there were no repeated numbers and so that the run size remained what it was originally. I'm anxious to hear your response.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:48 pm

solepole wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:I am wondering how print 701 could have sold on ebay eBay 250429791853, when I have print 701 here at home? The one I have at home is a replacement for one that originally came to me damaged and that I returned. The one I had returned had creases down the middle. I wonder if they are selling the returns or if they mislabeled the number in the auction?
Kneel13, do you remember what the number was of the one you returned? Was it the same #, 701? Because i do not know if you noticed in the Ebay listing, but the one he is selling has a huge crease down the middle, just like the one you say you returned... If there is someone reselling the returned posters, that is a HUGE no no, and Fairey should be notified. Any returned posters should have been destroyed so that there were no repeated numbers and so that the run size remained what it was originally. I'm anxious to hear your response.
Yes, It was print number 701 that I returned to Inaugural Collectibles. I also had to return the same print number back to obey giant to get another replacement because that tube also got crushed during delivery. So there were 3 posters that all had/have the same number. Who knows what happened to the other 2 after they were returned? I can't make out the number in the photo on the damaged print that sold on ebay with the creases, so I wasn't sure if that was a typo in the listing or not.

Do you think Fairey/obeygiant would even do anything if I contacted him about this? I guess it couldn't hurt to shoot them a quick email about it.
solepole
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
solepole wrote:
Yes, It was print number 701 that I returned to Inaugural Collectibles. I also had to return the same print number back to obey giant to get another replacement because that tube also got crushed during delivery. So there were 3 posters that all had/have the same number. Who knows what happened to the other 2 after they were returned? I can't make out the number in the photo on the damaged print that sold on ebay with the creases, so I wasn't sure if that was a typo in the listing or not.

Do you think Fairey/obeygiant would even do anything if I contacted him about this? I guess it couldn't hurt to shoot them a quick email about it.

hey Kneel13, I would contact Fairey regardless. If I was Fairey and people were selling damaged prints of mine that were supposed to be destroyed I would be pissed.
automator
Nobody

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:48 pm

New image Be The Change 09 Fairey

MattStrine
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Are we sure this is numbered to 9999? I have Be the Change 1690/10,000?
MattStrine
Art Expert

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Bump. Mods? Bueller?
theperfecttree
EB Team

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm

looks like 10,000. Notes in the listing say "Numbered 1001-9999, 8500 available for sale." I wasn't around for this so am not sure where this came from

dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Sooooo, anyone have a sense of what the prints from today's drop with be in terms of the original drop? Will they be part of the 1001-10,000 numbered set but signed by Fairey? I don't think they'll be part of the 1-1000 set. Thoughts?
choke
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:51 am

dragonmanagement wrote:Sooooo, anyone have a sense of what the prints from today's drop with be in terms of the original drop? Will they be part of the 1001-10,000 numbered set but signed by Fairey? I don't think they'll be part of the 1-1000 set. Thoughts?
That's my inclination as well