Epiphany 08 Jermaine

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 am

lazk wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE but there is a HUGE difference in 1.2 billion and 100 billion. That is a lot of dividing.
Just saying if the Iraqis got the money to build their own forces the transition would have been quicker with less deaths of our soldiers.
Including a few I served with and friends from High School. The whole Bush Administration should be in jail.
All it's ever about is money... it doesn't matter what the cost is.
How much is enough?
I hope Obama has the nuts to do what's right and what the whole world is waiting for.
Karma takes too long.... I want justice now.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:09 am

cadeallaw wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:REALLY excited to see this in person... Pretty bold statement for something as "off limits" as 9/11, but I can't wait to see the metallic & florescent inks. Plus, it's my first Rogers :P
This is my issue with it: what can you do with it? You can't frame it or else everybody will ask what it means. Once you explain, which you will have to do probably 50 times to friends and family, you will automatically look like that conspiracy theory weirdo that no one wants to visit anymore... then you start collecting cats, because they are your friends and aren't like the others.
I'm more a fan of the art than the theory behind it... More along the lines of collecting "radical" prints i.e. old Weatherman Underground, Mao, SDS, Black Panther, AIM, etc. that transitions into the Contra Cocaine, It Can't Happen Here, etc. which transitions into this kind of statement in THIS day & age... That's where I see this print fitting into my collection. Of course, it will be hung in the smoke room/dog house, home of the "Volcano" and more than a few good memories. Christ, most of my friends are more concerned with trying to finagle their way onto Cypress Point or where the next big dumps going to be in the Rockies, so I'm not too worried about too many cats in the near future :wink: Plus, me & my girl are dog people... Big 'ol Newfies :P

Happy Holidays!!!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ipaintmymind
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:29 pm

this piece is badass fudge, and the conversation that has insued here seems to prove that.

art should be provocative.....i agree, jermaine is definitely achieving his goal.

as far as 9-11, why the hell were the majority of our air forces near alaska on a "test mission" the morning of the attacks.....

crazy how they had the pictures of the hijackers immediately.....yea fukn right........

i have a document written by cheney and, i wanna say wolfowitz, which is essentially a thesis about finding justification to engage in combat in the middle east with the expressed purpose of installing a friendly government which would facilitate the control of production of oil.

also, anyone looked at a map lately? anyone know who our biggest trade partner is? (china)

once you control iraq, all you have to do is control iran (ehemm) and then you're home free on building a pipeline across continental western asia and through to china. this war, just like all others, is about resources, but is sold as a cultural war.

history repeats itself......govt's power grab based on what resource they think will guarantee economic hegemony.

either you think govt's are benevolent or you don't - that's the bottom line.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:11 pm

A few months ago Carl Rove said in a public interview " We had to go in... Iraq has the world's third largest oil supply. "
That's already addmitted... yet there are dumb drymounts walking around today who STILL think we went in looking for weapons!
The chief weapons inspector, I think his name is Richardson ( Valerie Plame's husband ) comes back fron Iraq and says, " They are lightyears away from building any type of WMD. "
We live in the most ignorant country on earth.... that's why we didn't have to plant any weapons over there!

Go to reopen 911 . org.
Scary tid bit in there about a military intellegence sgt. that came forward and said Bush Sr. was involved in coming up with the plan to fly planes
into buildings back in 1975. He took a lie detector test to prove it.
I don't believe every conspiracy theory out there but, 9/11 was as shady as they come... it SCREAMS bullshit.
justbehmh
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:12 pm

This is great stuff. Exactly what real art is supposed to do. Make you think!!
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:15 pm

justbehmh wrote:This is great stuff. Exactly what real art is supposed to do. Make you drink!!
fixed
Героям слава
ipaintmymind
Art Enthusiast

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:41 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=012

one of these on ebay, couldnt insert the link as normal for some reason.
UnOminous

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:47 am

cadeallaw wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:REALLY excited to see this in person... Pretty bold statement for something as "off limits" as 9/11, but I can't wait to see the metallic & florescent inks. Plus, it's my first Rogers :P
This is my issue with it: what can you do with it? You can't frame it or else everybody will ask what it means. Once you explain, which you will have to do probably 50 times to friends and family, you will automatically look like that conspiracy theory weirdo that no one wants to visit anymore... then you start collecting cats, because they are your friends and aren't like the others.
why would one ever have to explain what a piece of art means? it is subjective. it means what it means to you.
UnOminous

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 am

also, EB says that the print measures 24x16, but i think it's a much bigger picture.
rssesq
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 pm

ipaintmymind wrote:this piece is badass fudge, and the conversation that has insued here seems to prove that.

art should be provocative.....i agree, jermaine is definitely achieving his goal.

as far as 9-11, why the hell were the majority of our air forces near alaska on a "test mission" the morning of the attacks.....

crazy how they had the pictures of the hijackers immediately.....yea fukn right........

i have a document written by cheney and, i wanna say wolfowitz, which is essentially a thesis about finding justification to engage in combat in the middle east with the expressed purpose of installing a friendly government which would facilitate the control of production of oil.

your right, it is called the Wolfowitz/AIPAC doctrine but its real purpose was to have the USA obliterate any possible threat to israel without israel lifting a finger to fight. Brimmer and Pearle were also directly involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoGBC0mTCvo&NR=1

oh ya he was appointed the head of the World Bank lmao (how convenient) after his disaster in Iraq regarding troop levels for security and such. he got fired from that job as well.

good night and L'chaim.
AStarOnFire
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:21 pm

I don't know that it has anything to do with implying 9/11 conspiracy, but a statement that because of this horrible event (regardless if it was an inside job or not) it is ultimately what started this fudge ball of economic doom to start rolling down on this country. Today we face record unemployment rates and I think its commenting more on the fact that a vast majority of American's are left to ponder how secure there jobs and finical futures are. Without 9/11 our economy would be stronger and we wouldn't be pumping money into an unwinable war.
Consider the costs...
* $4,681 per household.
* $1,721 per person.
* $341.4 million per day.
That's money that could have been pumped into infrastructure spending, to create jobs back home or, with 10 million dollars that was spent on the war it could have given
3,053,184 People with Health Care for One Year OR
13,220,800 Homes with Renewable Electricity for One Year OR
177,831 Music and Arts Teachers for One Year OR
1,777,367 Scholarships for University Students for One Year

Hang it on your wall's let people think what they want as long as there thinking. It's time people stopped shying away from talking about politics. Without consciousness and difference of opinion change is not possible. Wow sorry for my Saturday morning rant this post was a lot longer than my original thought.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

New image Epiphany 08 Jermaine
Jermaine Doodle