Circus 08 Dolk

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
diggs25
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm

jjbehren wrote:
HeadieMonster wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:
rapar wrote:I can't figure out if I like this enough to buy this? The chimp in this is so much weaker than the zooicide chimp he did it just makes this seem to simple.
I still like it either way just think it could have been better...
Na... The monkeys aren't that far off in detail (no eyes, etc). I think that with Circus, the Warhol Banana is the main focus of the piece; whereas in Zooicide, the main focus is of course the monkey. I actually like the theme of the Circus print more, it makes me happy... and the monkey seems happier too.

Subtle wrote:where will this be available for sale?
http://www.handmadeposters.com/
I like monkey on left a lot more
Me too.
Thanks...I will not be able to eat lunch for a while....
Staunchy
Art Expert

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:07 pm

HeadieMonster wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:
rapar wrote:I can't figure out if I like this enough to buy this? The chimp in this is so much weaker than the zooicide chimp he did it just makes this seem to simple.
I still like it either way just think it could have been better...
Na... The monkeys aren't that far off in detail (no eyes, etc). I think that with Circus, the Warhol Banana is the main focus of the piece; whereas in Zooicide, the main focus is of course the monkey. I actually like the theme of the Circus print more, it makes me happy... and the monkey seems happier too.

Image Image
Subtle wrote:where will this be available for sale?
http://www.handmadeposters.com/
I like monkey on left a lot more
yup..monkey on the left is best of the two.

I still like the warhol monkey.. it is much happier
Last edited by Staunchy on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i and i
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:16 pm

diggs25 wrote:Thanks...I will not be able to eat lunch for a while....
:wink:
derek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 pm

Damn exchange rate...Nonetheless, I had to have this! :clap:
+1 to the collection count.
akiva
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm

actually - this might the most favorable exchange rate for any Dolk release - the pound is about $1.50...
vvvwwwvvv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:07 am

only 6 left
derek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 am

vvvwwwvvv wrote:only 6 left
0 now, but still lets you put in the cart. I wonder if this is sold out, but they forgot to deactivate this. Hopefully this doesn't mean it's an open edition all of a sudden. :hanging:
juice
Art Expert

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:35 am

if this goes open edition i'm returning it wrapped around a brick through their front window.. i'm sure it's just a website error.. it had the count on the front page initially and no longer lists availability so i'm sure its finaly sold out..

seriously though.. i woke up this morning and was like.. wtf did i do last night.. then i saw the receipt and post on here and realized i bought this print.. oh well :) not a bad surprise.
Messages posted after 11:30PM do not always reflect the opinion of daytime juice. The wording in these posts were written while in a drunken Ambien state. It may not make sense or even be posted in the right thread. Offer not valid in some states.
derek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:16 am

juice wrote:if this goes open edition i'm returning it wrapped around a brick through their front window.. i'm sure it's just a website error.. it had the count on the front page initially and no longer lists availability so i'm sure its finaly sold out..

seriously though.. i woke up this morning and was like.. wtf did i do last night.. then i saw the receipt and post on here and realized i bought this print.. oh well :) not a bad surprise.
Ya..I saw the count, came back from dinner and it was gone, but the order form was still available. That is what shocked me a bit! I think some people may be getting that dreaded refund email.

Definitely quite the opposite of a bad surprise. I am glad I caught a glance of this as a top print of the day. Had I have not, I'd have never known this bad boy was for sale! I have a perfect spot on my wall for this, and my wife even got a chuckle out of it. :wink:
YoungMoney07

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:25 am

Has anyone in the US received this print yet?
derek
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am

YoungMoney07 wrote:Has anyone in the US received this print yet?
Not yet. Usually USPS priority is 6-10 days, and I'm sure it will take at least 14 days after the purchase date for them to send. I'd expect a 1 month turnaround. :wink:
EB Team

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:52 am

derek wrote:
YoungMoney07 wrote:Has anyone in the US received this print yet?
Not yet. Usually USPS priority is 6-10 days, and I'm sure it will take at least 14 days after the purchase date for them to send. I'd expect a 1 month turnaround. :wink:
sounds about right
tbone2344
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Does anyone's purchase show up on there credit card or other payment card? I got a confirmation email, but still no posting on my credit card. Maybe they don't ring it up until they ship.

Thanks
vvvwwwvvv
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Got charged today with the exchange rate of $1 to 1.47GBP. At the time of purchase it was at 1.51GBP. No shipping notification yet though.
derek
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Electronic Transaction
HANDMADEPOSTERS AS BERGEN NO

Posted yesterday.