Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
choke
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 pm

#9x with no noticeable damage from the front but significant roll creases on the back of the print near the top.

Hard to give up a sub-100 #, but I'd rather have a mint one in the 900s.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 pm

kingofprussia wrote:how did you contact them?
The email address was in the delivery notice email: Subject: Your Limited Edition Print Has Shipped

...If there are any problems with your shipment, please preserve all the shipping materials exactly as you received them and contact us immediately at printshipping@moveon.org
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:06 pm

yeah, thats the one. i got an email from ups for return shipping. the tracking # i was given does not match the original. i did not get a 2nd email from moveon.org though. i dont know what else the return email from UPS could be for but I'm surprised nobody on here has received one.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 pm

yeah, its from MoveOn.org. UPS Ground to North Haven, CT.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 pm

I think I might gamble and send mine back for a new one. I got my return labels already and put it in a longer, Yazoo tube. This may be a silly thing to think about, but since they didn't use tape on the original tubes, will they have tape to seal up my tube that I send them for my new print? Or will they just use one of their tubes again?

I also included this letter in the package:

"Remember, this is not a newspaper you are rolling up that you beat your dog with, let's pretend that this is a $500 piece of art and it should be rolled up very carefully to prevent damage... oh wait, it is a $500 piece of art... What was I thinking!?........... I was thinking "What were YOU thinking when you originally rolled it and packed it up?!?!".... :wink:

I am sure if I sent that, I would get a very special poster back from them. :D
ArtStylee
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:53 pm

I saw the pics the guy posted of his Damaged signed one. The Dude who said it "looked like it was in a car crash".

And thought to myself "Damn I hope that damage doesn't happen to my unsigned one" :?

Then yesterday got mine. Perfect Tube. Perfect when pull out inner rolled print. Unrolled to unveil that the top half has a heavy wrinkles every 1/2 Inch. Running Horizontally across the print. For about 10 -12 inches. Not psyched. Damage from Obamas Chin to the top of the print. The side that was rolled the tightest.

I assume they have some Free Vaulenteering Interns on the job which is why they're coming up damaged. It was obviously because whoever rolled it tried to roll it too tight/and buckled/folded it with each knuckle in each hand. The acid free paper when re-rolled corresponded to each fold in the print. Considering the tube was fine. I don't know how the contents got damaged, if it wasn't because the dude that rolled it damaged it then threw it in the tube.

Where do we send them back to?
Imatruck
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:55 pm

PROGRESS
pokeeman3
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 pm

received in good condition, roll creases in the top half. :( (cant tell unless you hold it at an angle but i know they are there) you would think with as much $$$$ they made they could hire staff that know what there doing and care about the condition of the product there putting out looks as though they were frantically rolling theses suckers up. i can see it now a receiving line one rolls, one wraps, one tapes, and one stuffs (does move on participate in an after school program?!?!?!)
Imatruck
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:00 pm

HOPE
betabox
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 pm

heres a pic from my iPhone(quality excuse).

My latest justifaction for keeping them is that thee wrinkles are a sign of authernticity :D Especially after how the whole Change print fiasco is throwing us a curveball.

Is everybody's wrinkles worse than this? Mine extends farther, but not much more than a 2-4mm or so.
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Mine as those too and the light roll bends at the top that you can only see on the back. I put it on a piece of plywood and piled a bunch of old VHS tapes and CDs on the roll bend area. The image is fine, I'm not going to bother sending it in at this point.
alison03
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Got mine today (numbered limited version). Very light edge/corner wear (maybe only a cm or so), and only one small 1/2 inch roll crease visible on the back near the "Yes We Did" words.

From what I've seen, I feel really lucky and am not sending it back.
n10z
New User

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I received my damaged signed and numbered #86X, which is pretty damn high when the signed edition ends at 1000. How many could they have possibly held back as replacements? Maybe they have extra prints that weren't signed/numbered and they'll reissue the #s that were returned? But then...what happens to those ones that are returned? I doubt they'd be destroyed for the sake or retaining the signed editions to only 1000. MoveOn.org has one heck of a debacle on their hands.

sigh
bpot555
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:46 pm

I got a bunch of warping on the edge, thanks for wrapping the print in tissue paper. Way to leave 1mm of space to protect the edges, way to charge $90 for bent prints.
:hanging: moveon.org :hanging:
tschav
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 pm

alison03 wrote:Got mine today (numbered limited version). Very light edge/corner wear (maybe only a cm or so), and only one small 1/2 inch roll crease visible on the back near the "Yes We Did" words.

From what I've seen, I feel really lucky and am not sending it back.
same here, my signed had very, very light corner wear.