Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:What is the contact email for damaged prints ? pm if you want please someone

Roll bends like a mofo in my numbered edition
printshipping@moveon.org

GOOD LUCK! :D
betabox
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:15 pm

clwatt3 wrote:My #'ed print showed up today with some minor edge wear and a slight roll bend. Oh well...
oh well is kind of where i'm at. Even though numbers usually don't mean much, it's hard to give up #16x.
tbouch431
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:03 pm

there is no way anyone received a signed version in mint condition... friggin noob's rolling these prints & packing them... feel bad for people who bought them before on eBay before the seller even had it in hand...
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:21 pm

tbouch431 wrote:there is no way anyone received a signed version in mint condition... friggin noob's rolling these prints & packing them... feel bad for people who bought them before on eBay before the seller even had it in hand...
I think I may end up keeping the one I have with edge wear rather than risking getting another in worse condition. They haven't even gotten back to me about how to ship it back anyways. Maybe they are being swamped with complaints?
tuumi
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 am

I'm luck. mine came in OK shape. Never seen tubes with caps like these before though. I felt like they were made to torture the opener. Scraped my knuckles and am bleeding.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:47 am

tuumi wrote:I'm luck. mine came in OK shape. Never seen tubes with caps like these before though. I felt like they were made to torture the opener. Scraped my knuckles and am bleeding.
I tried turning and pulling like it says , that did not work.
Tried pliers that did work
Used a bottle opener to push the tabs in then pulled the damn cap out
macc5
EB Team

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:07 am

mine arrived today as well.. numbered version with tons of roll creases... :clap:

i hate these tubes also... took about 10 min it seemed like to open one freakin end
seala
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:52 am

I ordered two of the non-signed, non-numbered open edition and they came in decent condition. End caps were securely in place. A couple of mild roll creases were on the bottom of the prints but I reverse rolled them out in kraft paper and they are barely perceptible now (and only if I hold the posters at certain angle).
Staunchy
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:41 am

does anyone else think the paster version(thin) is nicer? I like the speckled stock best plus the #'d poster is pretty thin also.
i and i
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 am

Staunchy wrote:does anyone else think the paster version(thin) is nicer? I like the speckled stock best plus the #'d poster is pretty thin also.
I agree. Really nice in person. Smells good too. :lol:

I think I'm gonna frame the thin one for a while at first until I can get enough scratch to switch out the regular glass for UV glass. Then I'll put the signed one in. (if I get a replacement, that is)
bpot555
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm

:hanging: So ridiculous! I waited for this piece of crap print a month! (unsigned numbered edition 16xx)

-impossible to open tube
-tube too short
- print not protected enough on edges

My print is ruined, what kind of retard monkey packaged these things up? I hope moveon.org goes out of business.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 pm

use needle nose pliers to get the end caps off. easy as pie.

i got a return label email from UPS to send this print back. I asked if I could send them a wider tube that they could also use to return the print in. i didnt get an answer on that one, but I am going to do it anyway. its a nice print. i didnt think it would look that good. it seemed like there was too much going on in a small space, but that was just the sticker and jpg. i really hope they have someone who cares package these prints up. it looks like they folded the beginning of the print when they went to roll it. i wonder how many out of the 5000 prints got damaged. sounds like a large % from the comments on this board.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:55 pm

was a bitch to open, finally pushed the tabs in and it was easy, print was in perfect shape, also got 6 thin stock prints, one was damaged
Josephmurf2384
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Just got mine in as well and have the same exact story. Paper to short causing edge damage right in the middle of the print for about 8 inches and roll creases galore toward the top. Hopefully they will respond to the e-mail and get me a return label as well. That is an excellent idea to ship in your own tube, maybe even leave instructions on proper packaging techiniques inside. Hopefully it will get taken care of, just sucks waiting so long and then getting it like this. Hopefully my MBW comes in excellent condition today.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:use needle nose pliers to get the end caps off. easy as pie.

i got a return label email from UPS to send this print back. I asked if I could send them a wider tube that they could also use to return the print in. i didnt get an answer on that one, but I am going to do it anyway. its a nice print. i didnt think it would look that good. it seemed like there was too much going on in a small space, but that was just the sticker and jpg. i really hope they have someone who cares package these prints up. it looks like they folded the beginning of the print when they went to roll it. i wonder how many out of the 5000 prints got damaged. sounds like a large % from the comments on this board.
how did you contact them?