Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:15 am

1st_mammal_ wrote:
MooreSaxPlease wrote:Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .
I asked if I would be qualified to receive some kind of a partial refund since my print was numbered in the low 500's.
We'll see what he says.. .

Later.
chalkdust wrote:I got that same response from Daniel at MoveOn. This is really great news. My print looks like it got it's ass kicked. :clap:
Wow, you want a partial refund on a donation because the number increased on your print, even though you're still getting a signed print?
Wow I'm glad you posted that because I couldn't think of a way to ask that question without using the words "greedy, selfish, and douchebag"....
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
212swat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:17 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .
I asked if I would be qualified to receive some kind of a partial refund since my print was numbered in the low 500's.

Later.
chalkdust wrote:I got that same response from Daniel at MoveOn. This is really great news. My print looks like it got it's ass kicked. :clap:
I'd like a partial refund because my # is 702.

Sounds a little ridiculous, doesn't it.
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 am

dangerboy wrote:
1st_mammal_ wrote:

Later.
Wow, you want a partial refund on a donation because the number increased on your print, even though you're still getting a signed print?
Wow I'm glad you posted that because I couldn't think of a way to ask that question without using the words "greedy, selfish, and douchebag"....
That's all implied in the "Wow" portion of the post.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 am

It was a thought and I personally don't see an issue with it.. . i'm willing to keep the damaged print, but would not mind a partial refund.. . all you condescending narcissist make it sound like blaspemy- give me a break and stop being art snobs!

Good day.. .

[quote="1st_mammal_"][quote="dangerboy"][quote="1st_mammal_"][quote="MooreSaxPlease"]Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .
We'll see what he says.. .quote]
betabox
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 am

On the outside, this seems like a really immature move. :clap: You are donating to a political organization; this is not like hustling somebody on craigslist.
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:It was a thought and I personally don't see an issue with it.. . i'm willing to keep the damaged print, but would not mind a partial refund.. . all you condescending narcissist make it sound like blaspemy- give me a break and stop being art snobs!

Good day.. .

the way you said it made it sound like you wanted a replacement and a partial refund. you want to keep the damaged one and get a partial refund, that's different. merry donkeymas!
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:33 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:It was a thought and I personally don't see an issue with it.. . i'm willing to keep the damaged print, but would not mind a partial refund.. . all you condescending narcissist make it sound like blaspemy- give me a break and stop being art snobs!

Good day.. .

To me, your post made it sound like you wanted a replacement poster AND a partial refund because your replacement was going to be a higher number than your first poster. If that's not what you meant, then your request does appear to be more reasonable.
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 am

My poster arrived today and is in near perfect condition, # in the high 2000. There is a bit of wrinkle at the top end where it was rolled too tight, no creases.
A question for you experts. Can I remove those wrinkles with an iron? I heard of this being done before, Thanks
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:53 am

dangerboy wrote:

Good day.. .

the way you said it made it sound like you wanted a replacement and a partial refund. you want to keep the damaged one and get a partial refund, that's different. merry donkeymas!
Agreed.
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 pm

1st_mammal_ wrote:
dangerboy wrote:

Good day.. .

Agreed.
That isn't what he meant, you guys had it right the first time. AFTER receiving the response that he'll get a replacement he posted, that he asked if he could get a partial refund since his print was in the 500's (MoveOn stated they'd get him a print later in the series of a 1000). To quote him "We'll see what he says".

It'd be nice if the print arrived MINT but under the circumstances you should just be happy they have a replacement to send you. I am sure if they told you to send back the damage print postage paid by MoveOn and they'd refund your money 100% you'd be an unhappy donkeycamper.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 pm

i think its absolutely ridiculous for someone to think they should get a partial refund for a low numbered print.
betabox
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:37 pm

cadeallaw
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:57 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:i think its absolutely ridiculous for someone to think they should get a partial refund for a low numbered print.
I think the going rate is a nickel on the number
stonewastheproblem
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:16 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:i think its absolutely ridiculous for someone to think they should get a partial refund for a low numbered print.
I agree. They could have given him #999 in the first place. There should be no compensation for a higher serial number because no preference was implied with purchase. They simply said it would be 1-1000. Therefore if it is in that range, regardless of the the number, then you got exactly what you paid for.

The sad thing is that people like this ruin goodwill for everyone else with legitimate problems.

I hate DMB fans.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:20 pm

I got my "3 pack" today... all three came in one cardboard drinking straw (never seen such a thin tube) and there was quite a lot of scrunched edge damage (i knew that I should have filled out those damn surveys from moveon.org). I have not received my numbered print yet, but I hope to Jesus that it is in better shape than the three pack posters.