Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:31 pm

apparently UPS delivers on Saturday...

but I missed mine.....
mmmm Beer :pint:
justbehmh
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:57 pm

received the thin edition today.
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 pm

0/4 here on 3 thin and 1 #'d one. All rolled too tightly and have permanent creasing. I'm surprised they packed 3 of the hin ones into a 2" tube.
betabox
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:32 pm

so are people asking for refunds for the signed ones? New print? I've never had a print damaged like this....excuse my noobness.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:54 pm

betabox wrote:so are people asking for refunds for the signed ones? New print? I've never had a print damaged like this....excuse my noobness.
I sent them an email telling them I was upset about the edge damage on my signed edition. I don't know what they will say or do. I haven't heard from them yet. Luckily my damage is not so significant. When it is framed it would not be noticed at all, so depending on what they say, I will most likely just keep mine. I just don't know why they can't be more careful in the first place?
bosco004
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the numbered version same thick paper with number on the right? With the guy with sunglasses?
patrickpjfan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:59 am

Mine is mint thank goodness. :)
secretdirtbag
Art Enthusiast

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:46 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
betabox wrote:so are people asking for refunds for the signed ones? New print? I've never had a print damaged like this....excuse my noobness.
I sent them an email telling them I was upset about the edge damage on my signed edition. I don't know what they will say or do. I haven't heard from them yet. Luckily my damage is not so significant. When it is framed it would not be noticed at all, so depending on what they say, I will most likely just keep mine. I just don't know why they can't be more careful in the first place?
Similar situation here; I'd like to hear what kind of response you get.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:39 pm

I had the 3 thin sent to my parent's place for a little Xmas surprise... A little edge damage on the lower right-hand corner of all 3 prints, as they were packed tight & nude with nary a tissue to be seen. At least the caps were still on the tube :wink:

That said I was more than impressed with the quality of the print for the price :D

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
greasy
Art Expert

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Kdh12 wrote:apparently UPS delivers on Saturday...

but I missed mine.....
yea, and its expensive. its an extra charge from UPS for saturday delivery, on top of the shipping cost (ground, blue, overnight, etc).
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:53 am

I got a reply back from MoveOn about the damage to my print.. . I was rather surprised to see the the response in such a short period of time.

Anyways, heres the email:

Hi Mario,

I'm really sorry to hear that your print arrived damaged. Any time thousands of prints are being shipped, unfortunately, a few are bound to get damaged in the packing and shipping process. I'm sorry that yours was one of those.

We certainly want you to have a print that you're satisfied with as a thanks for your generous contribution. So, if you'd like to return your damaged print, we'll be happy to replace it with a signed print from later among the series of 1000 signed prints. If you'd like to do that, please just let us know.

We'll have you carefully repackage your print and we'll contact you with details on how to ship the print back to us. Once we've received that print, we'll ship you a replacement. And of course, we'll take care of the shipping charges to retrieve the damaged print and to send you your new one.

So, please just let us know if you'd like to proceed and we'll be in touch shortly with details on getting the print back to us.

Thanks for all you do,
Daniel
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:58 am

I got that same response from Daniel at MoveOn. This is really great news. My print looks like it got it's ass kicked. :clap:
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:04 am

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .
I asked if I would be qualified to receive some kind of a partial refund since my print was numbered in the low 500's.
We'll see what he says.. .

Later.
chalkdust wrote:I got that same response from Daniel at MoveOn. This is really great news. My print looks like it got it's ass kicked. :clap:
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:55 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .
I asked if I would be qualified to receive some kind of a partial refund since my print was numbered in the low 500's.

Later.
chalkdust wrote:I got that same response from Daniel at MoveOn. This is really great news. My print looks like it got it's ass kicked. :clap:
Wow, you want a partial refund on a donation because the number increased on your print, even though you're still getting a signed print?
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:13 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:Yeah, I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.. .

Later.
That is quite a cheeky request.

What's weird to me is where are these replacement prints coming from? I guess they held back a few. Are these going to hit the market once the replacements are sorted out?